SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Yes, it is early in a long season and things change quickly, but the current PWR leader is.......................Michigan Tech

Four of the top nine teams are from the NCHC.

And the second highest Big 10 team is Penn St. at No. 17.

Boy this is fun.

Yes, it is early in a long season and things change quickly, but the current PWR leader is.......................Michigan Tech

Boy this is fun.

Look who is last in the PWR...Wisconsin.

Boy this is fun.

Tech is at Bemidji State next weekend with a chance to go 10-0. The Huskies finished I believe eight entire SEASONS in recent memory with fewer than 10 wins.

Look who is last in the PWR...Wisconsin.

Which is why is was important to get the sweep this weekend. Yes it was Wisconsin and yes it was at the Kohl Center but losing a game would have hurt big time in the long run especially with the strength of the big ten so far.

Penn State at 5-1-2 with wins over UConn, Holy Cross (2), and Bentley (2)...assuming that the Nittany Lions come back to planet Reality when they actually start playing decent teams, is it possible that Minnesota could soon be the only team in the Big 10 with a winning record? I can only hope so!

I think UAH won all of 2 games and had 1 tie last year - they almost equaled that in one weekend this season.

I'm a casual Air Force fan but I gotta say congrats to Mike Corbett and his Chargers for a great weekend in Colorado Springs!

There's a nice article in the Gazette Telegraph about the program and the players are all very complimentary of Corbett and how positive he is, despite their struggles last season winning games.

I went to the CC/Huntsville series last month and not to say CC is a powerhouse (because they clearly aren't) but Huntsville played a good, hard series and never gave up despite being down a couple of goals in each game. They clawed their way back into both of them when they easily could've packed it in.

The Chargers will definitely win more than 2 games this season, that is for sure.

So do we as UND fans want Notre Dame to beat Minnesota this afternoon? (For reasons other than just our general dis-like of the Gophers).

Does a ND win help UND in any way?

I figured Minnesota and Notre Dame would split this weekend. How Notre Dame played Friday I'd say it looks more like Minnesota sweeps, Notre Dame looks different when they don't have Hockey East refs to call every hit a penalty in favor of them.