SiouxSports.com Forum

SJSU Preview

UNDColorado

Is Meindel injured? I had heard Boulduc was very good but it's still surprising. Let's hope that Taubenheim is confident enough and young enough to not feel the pressure.

Main reason I'm going with hurt or suspended is because Peters was listed as the backup punter.

This is showing UND a 38 pt underdog to SJSU. I'd take those points.

I'm also not too sure about this website. It has FU a 26 pt 'dog to Iowa State. I think that's way, way too much.

http://collegefootballpoll.com/wp_archives_082714.html

NDSU - Iowa State will be a single digit margin of victory, just don't know who will win. Lets hope Iowa State...

I won't speculate a score for UND - San Jose State because I always hope and cheer for a UND win; however, I will state it's obvious SJSU should be the favorite and if UND won it would be an upset.

From what those who have attended practice have said about the energy and attitude of the team, I believe we will rise to the occasion and play them tough. Even in our down years we have seemed to play strong against good teams like Texas Tech, Fresno St, and San Diego st. These guys know that they have the chance to define an era of North Dakota football with just this one game with the programs first win against an FBS team. Bubba will get the team to believe in themselves and we should believe in them too. Muss is gone, no more expecting to lose. 

From what those who have attended practice have said about the energy and attitude of the team, I believe we will rise to the occasion and play them tough. Even in our down years we have seemed to play strong against good teams like Texas Tech, Fresno St, and San Diego st. These guys know that they have the chance to define an era of North Dakota football with just this one game with the programs first win against an FBS team. Bubba will get the team to believe in themselves and we should believe in them too. Muss is gone, no more expecting to lose.

Absolutely, I agree. The team should expect to win every game they play in, and Mussman was no good at promoting that notion, so the team should be happy they now have a leader like Bubba.

Absolutely, I agree. The team should expect to win every game they play in, and Mussman was no good at promoting that notion, so the team should be happy they now have a leader like Bubba.

Muss also couldn't look someone straight in the face during an interview....you could tell that there was no motivation there. The Bubba Era starts in a week....I can't f*cking wait!

• Upvote 2

One gigantic unknown is offensive play calling. Rudolph was successful at SCSU which is impressive but will that translate to UND? Regardless, I'm looking forward to plenty of jumbo sets and pounding the rock.

I will admit two years ago I was on board with the air attack, but it will be refreshing to get back to our roots with the run game. #Chuckthepigskin?

• Upvote 1

I will admit two years ago I was on board with the air attack, but it will be refreshing to get back to our roots with the run game. #Chuckthepigskin?

Pass happy offense is never a championship recipe. Long term power running is better for a defense than passing all day which equals more wins.
  • Upvote 1

NDSU a 26 point dog to ISU after beating KSU on the road last year. That site isn't worth a mouse click to log into.

However NDSU lost a lot of starters and coaching staff. Its not Bohl and Jensen walking into Ames, its a QB with zero starts and a head coach with zero DI wins. 26 maybe a bit high, but no way this will be the same team that walked out of Manhattan with a win.

Pass happy offense is never a championship recipe. Long term power running is better for a defense than passing all day which equals more wins.

Defense wins championships

Running game is a defense's best friend in terms of offense

End of story and that's the best philosophy for UND

Play defense and run the ball, sprinkle in PA to keep defenses honest and produce big plays...

I see the game will be on ESPN3, does anyone know if Fox College Sports will pick it up? Is FCS picking up any football games this season, it isn't mentioned on UNDs website?

Since ESPN and Fox are competing networks, they would not overlap on this one.  I think the FCS broadcasts are announced closer to game time (probably week-of).