SiouxSports.com Forum

SJSU Preview

UNDColorado

And last year's squad smoked a Sac State team that came to GF and hammered UND...

Everything can change from season to season, though...I guess we'll find out tomorrow night...

Yeah, there's one major thing different for UND from 2013 to 2014: A NEW COACHING STAFF

UND was in shambles at that point in time last season. They threw the ball every down with their freshman quarterbacks and couldn't play defense to save their lives.

Bubba may not have those deficiencies fixed by tomorrow night, but they'll certainly be improved. 2014 will be a better year for UND than 2013 - I'm nearly certain.

27-10

SJSU

This prediction might not be far off.  The spread is SJSU -24 1/2.  I think...desperately hope...UND will be better on D but other than Gill who is going to catch it at the WR spot?  The biggest question mark is if UND can run the ball at all in this game.  If not...SJSU covers...easily.

IMO too much inexperience and too many changes on both sides of the ball to even suggest UND has a chance to win this one though.

This prediction might not be far off. The spread is SJSU -24 1/2. I think...desperately hope...UND will be better on D but other than Gill who is going to catch it at the WR spot? The biggest question mark is if UND can run the ball at all in this game. If not...SJSU covers...easily.

IMO too much inexperience and too many changes on both sides of the ball to even suggest UND has a chance to win this one though.

Casey Young, Brandon Walker, and Zach Adler will also haul in a few balls. Bottom line is UND needs to run the ball and be successful at it. The defense will look better, but that might not necessarily mean they will shut down SJSU's offense.

That "sub-par, watered down FBS team (that should actually be in FCS)" came within 3 points of knocking off Stanford (at Stanford Stadium) in the season opener just two years ago. SJSU went on to an 11-2 season...Stanford finished 12-2 and was the Pac-12 and Rose Bowl champion that year.

In 2012 we lit Montana on fire at the Alerus. How come we didn't again last year?

Leaving right after work to head to the UND/SJSU game in CA.  So excited that I can hardly concentrate at work.  There are a lot of predictions on here, some optimistic some skeptical.  I am actually looking forward to just seeing how the team and coaches perform.  One thing is certain, you will all have more comments after Thursday's game :)

• Upvote 2

In 2012 we lit Montana on fire at the Alerus. How come we didn't again last year?

A 6 point victory (40-34) is hardly considered "lit on fire" by most folks...at the end of 3 quarters, the score was 34-31 Montana.

How'd that Montana team finish? Oh yea, 5 wins, 6 losses.

A 6 point victory (40-34) is hardly considered "lit on fire" by most folks...at the end of 3 quarters, the score was 34-31 Montana.

How'd that Montana team finish? Oh yea, 5 wins, 6 losses.

I'm heading to Missoula Friday to hang out with a good buddy who lives there. I'll bring that game up and his response, as it always is, will be that squad was the worst Griz team in the last 15+ years!

I'm heading to Missoula Friday to hang out with a good buddy who lives there. I'll bring that game up and his response, as it always is, will be that squad was the worst Griz team in the last 15+ years!

Be sure to describe your recollection of the game as Montana having been "lit on fire" by North Dakota and see what he says.

Be sure to describe your recollection of the game as Montana having been "lit on fire" by North Dakota and see what he says.

Hanson threw for 660 yards, an all-time Big Sky record for one game.  I would say that qualifies as getting your tits lit.  

Hanson threw for 660 yards, an all-time Big Sky record for one game.  I would say that qualifies as getting your tits lit.  

That was really fun to watch...both defenses were absolutely pourous for most of that game.

Hanson threw for 660 yards, an all-time Big Sky record for one game. I would say that qualifies as getting your tits lit.

A great stat for sure...and certainly more fun than a 13-10 game, no doubt about that.

660 passing yards...704 yards of total offense...and STILL needing a 30+ yard TD pass in the dying seconds of the game to pull out a win.

It was an awesome game to be at. Need that kind of excitement back again. The excitement, not the porous defense!

Maybe it's just me, but defense seems to be the biggest difference between FCS and FBS teams. Thought the same thing seeing Sam Houston and Eastern Washington last week. Where's the D?

A great stat for sure...and certainly more fun than a 13-10 game, no doubt about that.

660 passing yards...704 yards of total offense...and STILL needing a 30+ yard TD pass in the dying seconds of the game to pull out a win.

Did he say they got killed on the scoreboard?  No.  He said they got lit on fire, which they did.  So did UND's defense.  

The contrarian bit doesn't need to be applied to every post on here.  

• Upvote 3

Maybe it's just me, but defense seems to be the biggest difference between FCS and FBS teams. Thought the same thing seeing Sam Houston and Eastern Washington last week. Where's the D?

I was surprised by how average EWU's D looked too.  Their own offense is not causing them problems with turnovers or TOP.  If they could somehow get a semblance of a good defense they will win it all.