SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I think the Anaheim-Chicago series shows once again that hits are overrated.   In the modern game, its all about positioning, puck possession, and sustaining a territorial advantage.  Time after time, Anaheim guys ran out of position to make hits, giving Chicago extended position and allowing them to gain the zones with the puck.   And at other times, they came into a puck carrier with their stick parallel and nowhere near the ice ... allowing Chicago to make plays.      

As a result, the Ducks were chasing the puck most of the series, which is more exhuasting than being hit.   At the end of the series, Anaheim forwards looked tired, and I think that was a big factor.  

Not sure what causes coaches to allow this to happen ... or to encourage it.   Vancouver did it year after year with Vigneault as head coach and paid the price.   In this series, Boudreau certainly wanted his team to hit.   But ultimately Anaheim paid the price for all that hitting.

Is this the part where siouxsweet jumps in and complains about the Blackhawks and how the series is lost at 2 games to 1 because the Ducks scored 3 goals in 37 seconds?

not sure who siouxsweet is, but if I need to complain as much during this series and they end up winning the Cup so be it. 

This should be a fun Series to watch.  Speed vs. Speed.  Skill vs. Skill.  Goalie (Crawford) vs. Goalie (Bishop).

I will go with Blackhawks in 6 because of their leadership and experience.  But don't count the Lightning out; they have young talent and some experience to balance it out.  They could very well pull the upset in 7 games.

This should be a fun Series to watch.  Speed vs. Speed.  Skill vs. Skill.  Goalie (Crawford) vs. Goalie (Bishop).

I will go with Blackhawks in 6 because of their leadership and experience.  But don't count the Lightning out; they have young talent and some experience to balance it out.  They could very well pull the upset in 7 games.

I'll take TB in 6 or 7.

Don't know if this has been said on here before? I've read on here about people defending fighting in the NHL. I think I have also, anyone notice there is not one fight since the playoffs started?

I don't think I will defend it anymore! Nothing better than playoff hockey in the NHL, and not one fight to see...

Don't know if this has been said on here before? I've read on here about people defending fighting in the NHL. I think I have also, anyone notice there is not one fight since the playoffs started?

I don't think I will defend it anymore! Nothing better than playoff hockey in the NHL, and not one fight to see...

On the other hand some of the major crap that players like Subban and Perry pulled maybe should have resulted in a beating.

It might have stopped some of the diving and cheap crap.

But yeah until you brought it up, hadn't thought much about it. It has been mostly great hockey.

• Upvote 1

There have been 8 fights so far according to this site.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fightlog/