SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Don't know if this has been said on here before? I've read on here about people defending fighting in the NHL. I think I have also, anyone notice there is not one fight since the playoffs started?

I don't think I will defend it anymore! Nothing better than playoff hockey in the NHL, and not one fight to see...

You didn't watch the Flames Canucks series, two Canucks tried to fight one Flames player.

You didn't watch the Flames Canucks series, two Canucks tried to fight one Flames player.

You're correct, that one was not on my preferred list, or it was always the late game...

To say that 8 fights out of all of them games is not waaaaaay below the average would be inaccurate I think? Not saying that is what you said, but do you get my point?

Some real good hockey I have watched and I have seen zero fights!

You're correct, that one was not on my preferred list, or it was always the late game...

To say that 8 fights out of all of them games is not waaaaaay below the average would be inaccurate I think? Not saying that is what you said, but do you get my point?

It was the late game.

Personally I don't mind a nasty game in the playoffs here and there.

Hedman is the next Chara.   Very impressive.

Vermette goes from goat to hero ... after making a coverage mistake that led to Tampa's first goal, he gets the GWG.   Thus improving the odds that Q puts him in the lineup for game 2.

Even if it wasn't 5-4 like I expected, game 1 was very entertaining.

Tampa Bay proving once again that going into a shell for 20:00 never works.

This...^^^

CHI didn't steal game 1 TB gave them game 1.

830 left and Crawford stops a breakaway...2 minutes later CHI ties it. Crawford was solid all night.

This...^^^

830 left and Crawford stops a breakaway...2 minutes later CHI ties it. Crawford was solid all night.

Like a veteran team will do at times is survive the first period. The Hawks basically did only giving up one goal when it could of been 2 or 3 rather easily. Halfway thru the second they started to establish themselves and ultimately win it in the third. Crawfords breakaway save in the third was huge. And the Hawks won with Kane and Toews each only having one shot on net. Is it Saturday yet?

C'mon guys, you know the old saws:

- TBL scores first they win

- TBL doesn't blow third period leads this year (41-0-2)

- You're never in trouble in a seven game series until you lose at home 

Uh ... nevermind ... 

This...^^^

TB didn't give away game 1 the Hawks took it, with their 3rd. line no less.

The Hawks knew the 1st. period would be a barn burner by TB & had to get past it. They looked like they were being dominated but started turning the tide in the second.  Experience counts & the Hawks will use it to their advantage to take the Cup.

The Hawks knew the 1st. period would be a barn burner by TB & had to get past it. They looked like they were being dominated but started turning the tide in the second. Experience counts & the Hawks will use it to their advantage to take the Cup.

The booth and studio guys seemed stunned that Tampa Bay kept the game within 6 goals.