SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Wow I step away from the Internet for a short time and come back and read this. Wow. Looking forward to playing a meaningful and good non conference game. Sure as hell beats some of these cupcake games both teams have played

Count down for Bison fans to say this is our Super Bowl!! I would love to have about 3,000 Sioux fans at the game. It would drive them nuts. Shouldn't be too hard to get tickets cause there are tons of Bison fans who have consistently said they didn't want this game.

Count down for Bison fans to say this is our Super Bowl!! I would love to have about 3,000 Sioux fans at the game. It would drive them nuts. Shouldn't be too hard to get tickets cause there are tons of Bison fans who have consistently said they didn't want this game.

Count down? Heck they have been saying that for years. But yes they have already said it today. LOL You guys will get your 200? allotment and that will be it. You might be able to pick up some SRO when they go on sale.

It is a rivalry that has great tradition. Regardless of where the 2 games are bring played I'm glad to see it is being rekindled. UND will be given an opportunity to change the college FB mindset of this state next year...who within that program wouldn't want a shot at that.

And somewhere right now that egomaniac JA GT is pulling out his hair.............

It is a rivalry that has great tradition. Regardless of where the 2 games are bring played I'm glad to see it is being rekindled. UND will be given an opportunity to change the college FB mindset of this state next year...who within that program wouldn't want a shot at that.

And somewhere right now that egomaniac JA GT is pulling out his hair.............

Putting aside the issue of whether it's ever acceptable to sign a two-game, road-only contract with an FCS program (which I strongly oppose), isn't a 2015 game a bit premature given how much work Bubba has in front of him to get the program back to its pre-Muss level? I would have actually felt better about signing a one-game deal for 2019 if a home-and-home absolutely was not going to happen.

• Upvote 2

Gene Taylor has always had a deal for games in Fargo on the table.  This is nothing new.   Faison finally realized that to get a game against the Bison,  it would have to be in Fargo.   

He has had 3 or 4 different deals on the table...

A wise man once told me: The greatest victory is when you defeat your opponent at their game, on their field, by their rules

In. Bubba. We. Trust.*

*Because this would not be happening without Bubba's blesssing and sign-off. 

• Upvote 1

This is very disappointing.  I am fine with playing FU again.  But to agree to two consecutive games in Fargo is ridiculous.  What's next?  A splash page at UND's website proclaiming NDSU as the top university in North Dakota?  Might as well play all the other sports in Fargo too I guess.  What a slap in the face to the Grand Forks community and UND Alumni.

• Upvote 3

Sometimes you just have to be the bigger man and step up. Time to go down to Fargo and show them we aren't just a hockey school. The game will return to GF in due time.

Edit: I should say...time to show them we aren't just a hockey, mbb, wbb, vb, and baseball school. :-)

• Upvote 3

Well, time to suck it up and play them as close to the College of Home Economics as their probation officers will allow.  An extra weekend furlough out of the county would have been tough to get. 

By keeping the game in Fargo, it will help keep their criminal element off Grand Forks' streets.  That's a positive!   That has to please the manager at the Grand Forks Best Buy!  :)  

This is a terrible deal.

BF has officially legitimized the insecurity and low self esteem image of the football program.  He would laugh at an offer like this in ANY other sport, but he is now whoring out the football program.  It is a slap in the face to every player that has worn the helmet at UND.

To the ac, to our conference mates in the BSC, and to any observer of FCS football nationally, in doing this the UND football program looks only marginally more valuable than the d2 patsy you bring in for a W, as they are about the only other program to whom you would consider offering such awful terms.

Essentially what BF has done here is dumped his product on the market at below cost in an effort to get rid of it in the hopes that someday he can make it up on volume.  The problem with that is it shows how little value you really see in the product and they've given you no assurances of future business.  I believe this product (football program) has value and is gaining in value every day.  Every year the value increases the team gets harder to ignore.  This game was gonna happen in time anyway.  There was no need to do this.

I really hope the team doesn't get embarrassed down there next season because that will make the prospect of that second game, WITH NO GUARANTEE OF A RETURN GAME, all the more disgusting.

• Upvote 4

Extremely disappointed to wake up to this news today. As a student and alumnus/fan, I've enjoyed 40 years of battles with the AC on the field and court. But when you have their president and media stooge on the radio proclaiming that neither the AC faithful or administration are really interested in this game, why is UND so desperate to get it scheduled? Want relevance in ND and the RRV? Put a disciplined team on the field and win some marquee football match ups in the Big Sky, a superior conference, IMO, for UND sports.

By accepting this two-game road contract -- something no other FCS team is willing to do  -- Brian Faison leaves area residents/casual fans with the impression that either (A) UND owes something to the AC for the treatment it received when it bolted from the NCC a decade ago, hurting all of the teams that remained, or; (B) the AC really is at a higher level and can demand from UND any terms it likes.

It's hard to see how this deal benefits UND in any way, especially as there have been no reports of agreement - either contractually or informally -- on resuming any type of regular home-and-home schedule for this game. Agree with Bin on this one; this is a slap in the face for UND alumni and athletic teams.

• Upvote 3

To be the best you've got to beat the best

Everyone needs to stop b*tching and accept the challenge ahead. In order for UND to become a top FCS program, we need to beat or at least competitively compete with NDSU head-to-head.

Why? Becuase keeping silent and accepting what the administration has done with the football program has been so effective until now?

They've lost the benefit of the doubt.

This is a joke.   Faison should resign immediately.   I guess we can plan for a future of zero non-conference home games with other FCS schools and below market guarantee games.  We pretty much have zero leverage to schedule games against meaningful opponents now.  I know Bubba wanted this to happen but sometimes it's your job as the AD to see the bigger picture. 

• Upvote 3

This is a terrible deal.

BF has officially legitimized the insecurity and low self esteem image of the football program. He would laugh at an offer like this in ANY other sport, but he is now whoring out the football program. It is a slap in the face to every player that has worn the helmet at UND.

To the ac, to our conference mates in the BSC, and to any observer of FCS football nationally, in doing this the UND football program looks only marginally more valuable than the d2 patsy you bring in for a W, as they are about the only other program to whom you would consider offering such awful terms.

Essentially what BF has done here is dumped his product on the market at below cost in an effort to get rid of it in the hopes that someday he can make it up on volume. The problem with that is it shows how little value you really see in the product and they've given you no assurances of future business. I believe this product (football program) has value and is gaining in value every day. Every year the value increases the team gets harder to ignore. This game was gonna happen in time anyway. There was no need to do this.

I really hope the team doesn't get embarrassed down there next season because that will make the prospect of that second game, WITH NO GUARANTEE OF A RETURN GAME, all the more disgusting.

Two things:

1) why get embarrassed? NDSU will be further inexperienced next season while UND will have every single contributor from this season returning. Let's go for the win and change the state's perception.

2) I'm still holding out hope for a home and home; 2015 in Fargo and 2019 in Grand Forks...