SiouxSports.com Forum

Top Ten Signs that You're Addicted to SiouxSports.com

MafiaMan

10. You jumped at the chance to order a SiouxSports.com toque.

9. You can't wait for 1st period intermission so you can check out the game thread - the restroom can wait until the end of the 2nd.

8. You see the same people at the Hogg every year but still call them by their board moniker names and not their real names.

7. You chuckle when you hear the words "The Platinum Fox" even though you never made the trip to Columbus.

6. You read something on the board that infuriates you so you text your SiouxSports.com buddies and tell them to go check that thread out ASAP.

5. You get the text message from your friend in Reason #6 and your text reply back is "yea, already saw that."

4. You PM posters on the board because you think they might be interested in your spring cleaning items.

3. You have a back-up moniker to pass off as your own since the guy sitting next to you at the game is more than happy to let you know what a "moron" your real moniker on the board is without realizing that it's you he's sitting next to.

2. You have someone from the board designated to post any unfortunate announcements on your behalf (already been done - we miss you, THETRIOUXPER).

And the number one reason you know you're addicted to SiouxSports.com is...

1. You have the sit-down chat with the kids to let them know that while you think they're still too young for their own Facebook accounts, you're going to let them pick their own SiouxSports.com moniker and sign up.

• Upvote 3

How about, you got yelled at for using too much extracurricular bandwidth at work, because you are always on siouxsports.com :)

I whittled my list down a bit...I'm sure there are lots of others...

You tell your boss you'll have that report done in a few minutes...as you're actually typing a new post on the board.

You're actually a Gopher fan but log in every single day to see what fans of the team you don't care about are saying.

How about, you got yelled at for using too much extracurricular bandwidth at work, because you are always on siouxsports.com :)

I have received more than one request from people asking if there's a way to view siouxsports while consuming less bandwidth for this very reason.

I'll add -- you personally decided to have SiouxSports.com merchandise manufactured because it's the only way to get any (I think there are only two of us!)

When we finally admit that we are powerless over siouxsports.com — and that our lives have become unmanageable as a result.

I've a support group going. Strictly anonymous. All you need to do is show up and say, "Hi, my name is Scott." We will all great you with a rousing "Hi Scott!" It might be the first time that you have heard your real name in years. Funny thing, it is our real names that give us the anonymity that is crucial to our recovery, and to reclaiming our real identity.

LIke gawking at an accident or fire, you can't stop coming back here to check out the most recent flamefest among Sioux fans. You began adding Sioux fans to the ignore list along with multitudes of Gopher and Bison trolls, but still can't avoid looking at the game threads which blow up after every opponent goal, and, god forbid, a Sioux loss.

You do most of your reading/posting before 7AM, and are fast asleep when most of the later night craziness begins.

Next, you buy your first smartphone, discover it has google chrome, and head immediately to siouxsports, then try to figure out how to get text larger so you can read what you really didn't want to read anyway. Then you try responding by one finger pecking at an on screen keyboard, realizing that doing it sober is next to impossible, then understanding how trying to do this drunk results in some of the posts by others on this site.

heres a suggestion have the next support group meeting on april 10th at a bar somewhere so we can zll watch the game together, what better therapy. This isnt an aa group so i dont see any harm in a couple beers

I'm sure the Hoggsbreath will show the game if I ask them to...

You still haven't figured out how to bookmark a website on your iPhone but Google predictive text knows where you're headed when you type just the S in the search box.

Even though you are at the game, you read the game thread during intermission and after you get home to see if people watching at home saw something you didn't.

You developed more friendships from the SS.com message board than from any other social media site including dumb ol' LinkedIn.

You know the meaning of the epithet "Skippy" and you're not afraid to toss it around.

LIke gawking at an accident or fire, you can't stop coming back here to check out the most recent flamefest among Sioux fans. You began adding Sioux fans to the ignore list along with multitudes of Gopher and Bison trolls, but still can't avoid looking at the game threads which blow up after every opponent goal, and, god forbid, a Sioux loss.

You do most of your reading/posting before 7AM, and are fast asleep when most of the later night craziness begins.

Next, you buy your first smartphone, discover it has google chrome, and head immediately to siouxsports, then try to figure out how to get text larger so you can read what you really didn't want to read anyway. Then you try responding by one finger pecking at an on screen keyboard, realizing that doing it sober is next to impossible, then understanding how trying to do this drunk results in some of the posts by others on this site.

:)
  • Upvote 1

Every time you're on your phone, the girlfriend says "what's new on SiouxSports?"

No, cause she is checking it herself...thank you very much.

Your pregame ritual is always focused around the next Sioux Survivor game, and your night is ruined when you forget to make a pick and your guy scores that night.

HAHA! I am glad I am not the only who focuses on that!