SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FACEOFF - Sioux vs Miami Friday

AZSIOUX

For team that can't transition well out of the D zone I play Thompson. OD IMO isn't a top 6 but Pattyn back on his line makes OD top 6 by default. Panz has to play after last night.

• Upvote 1

From NCHC website: http://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/363893?referrer_id=878553

With all four quarterfinal series complete, the NCHC Frozen Faceoff semifinals are set with Miami and North Dakota squaring off in the second semifinal at 7:38 p.m. CT and fifth-seeded Western Michigan facing sixth-seeded Denver in the first semifinal at 4:08 p.m. CT. Both games will be televised on CBS Sports Network.

I like the lineup with Panz and Thompson. Panz added a spark last night and Thompson can break out of the zone by skating when an outlet pass is not available or too risky. Thompson is also plus 10 last time I checked. This is an underrated stat IMHO.

Either way I can't wait until Friday!

I'll state this again...Miami a few weeks ago was the worst defensive team I've seen come to the Ralph in years.

6-5 type game...especially if UND turns it over in the D zone like they did vs. CC.

There is a reason Miami is the worst team in the conference and one if the worst teams in the nation. Yes they got hot at the right time in St Cloud, but old habits are hard to get rid if. UND needs to exploit the mistakes that Miami has had all year long and take it to them. The crowd at at the Target Center is going to much different than the one in St Cloud. Those Husky fans were on their hands most if the weekend. Crowd is going to be very green in the Taeget Center. Virtually a home game for UND. If we get a couple early goals and get the crowd into it, gonna be tough for Miami to compete with that.

There is a reason Miami is the worst team in the conference and one if the worst teams in the nation. Yes they got hot at the right time in St Cloud, but old habits are hard to get rid if. UND needs to exploit the mistakes that Miami has had all year long and take it to them. The crowd at at the Target Center is going to much different than the one in St Cloud. Those Husky fans were on their hands most if the weekend. Crowd is going to be very green in the Taeget Center. Virtually a home game for UND. If we get a couple early goals and get the crowd into it, gonna be tough for Miami to compete with that.

SCSU has tailed off in the 2nd half too, and split the season series with Miami, so the results weren't so surprising to me. I like our chances against Miami as long as we don't have any huge turnovers in front of our net like this last weekend.

SCSU has tailed off in the 2nd half too, and split the season series with Miami, so the results weren't so surprising to me. I like our chances against Miami as long as we don't have any huge turnovers in front of our net like this last weekend.

Agreed....we also need to stay out of the box.

If I got to choose if the boys could play Miami or CC this friday to move on, I would choose Miami.

Miami got extremely healthy at the end of the season. There were some key players that made it back and I believe goaltender was one of them. Don't overlook this team at all.