SiouxSports.com Forum

Round 1: UND vs. Sacramento State

UNDsportsFANATIC

Its about winning and advancing and that's what we did. Schulers injury was blandant and could really hurt our chances if he can't play. He has always been solid at tournament time. Know its late to work on defense but our great offensive guys are so bad at defense. Never seen so many guys just drive to the hoop without any pressure. Hopefully our offense is 1 point than our poor defense gives up in the next 2 games. Guess that's all that matters. Go sioux

I know that was a desperation foul with the season on the line but you can't let someone dive at the back of a players legs like that. The result of it is the reason why. Potentially losing out most consistent player for the remainder of the tournament hurts.

I know that was a desperation foul with the season on the line but you can't let someone dive at the back of a players legs like that. The result of it is the reason why. Potentially losing out most consistent player for the remainder of the tournament hurts.

Not sure how that wasn't a flagrant for the dive at his legs or an intentional considering he had a free run at the basket. Really hope he can play tomorrow but would be surprised if he can.

UND is not playing good basketball right now. It's frustrating to watch. NDSU making the NCAA tournament is apart of that frustration. We beat NDSU by 20, so that certainly illustrates we have the potential to get through this tournament relatively easy and get to the NCAA tournament. However, the problem is effort and focus. The NDSU game motivates players itself; after that, this team has been disappointing and Jones has been apart of that.

UND is not playing good basketball right now. It's frustrating to watch. NDSU making the NCAA tournament is apart of that frustration. We beat NDSU by 20, so that certainly illustrates we have the potential to get through this tournament relatively easy and get to the NCAA tournament. However, the problem is effort and focus. The NDSU game motivates players itself; after that, this team has been disappointing and Jones has been apart of that.

Offensively they played very well today. Shot 52% from the field, just under 40% from 3, 70% from the line, and just 7 turnovers. They struggled on the boards as per usual. The big thing today is that they were lazy defensively.

Just tighten up on D and I like our chances if we can play offensively like we did today. Webb was a non-factor today. If he has an average game today we win by 10......

We beat NDSU by 20 because they played terrible and Braun tried to be a one man show. It was not an indication that we were that much better. Play them 10 times and that's the only result of that nature.

Not sure how that wasn't a flagrant for the dive at his legs or an intentional considering he had a free run at the basket. Really hope he can play tomorrow but would be surprised if he can.

Heard his chances of playing tomorrow are not good. Swelling is really bad and very unlikely to play. If we win Saturday is also not looking good. This kid had been beaten up so bad this past year and tonight it continues.

We beat NDSU by 20 because they played terrible and Braun tried to be a one man show. It was not an indication that we were that much better. Play them 10 times and that's the only result of that nature.

I don't know.............

Every sport is about match ups. Personally, I think North Dakota is more athletic, more talented, deeper, and WAY faster than FU. I think FU is bigger, stronger, WAY better defensively, WAY better fundamentally, and better coached than North Dakota.

I think the home crowd played a huge factor in the way we ran NDSU off the court this season. For a veteran squad, our team is very immature. They seem to need that energy more than other teams do.

Honestly, I think if they played 10 times on a neutral court, UND would win 6 or 7 times. Just because of the match ups.

Next year's game will be interesting because both teams are losing a ton of fire power.

• Upvote 1

To be honest the NDSU game wasn't a good indicator of how are season should go. The game was taken away by the officials.

I actually agree with that.

But we were all told that was the way the game was going to be officiated this season. That new "emphasis" sure did fall off as the season went on.

On the flip side, I'd argue that NDSU doesn't have the athletes to draw the calls that we did in that game.

UND is not playing good basketball right now. However, the problem is effort and focus. The NDSU game motivates players itself; after that, this team has been disappointing and Jones has been apart of that.

Focus and especially effort have little or nothing to due with Jones as was posed earlier by someone in this thread on this topic. "I'm not sure what a coach is suppose to do..."

Rebounding=effort...period. As does defense in most instances. And motivating players? ??? That's old school coaching. This team's erratic play and their overall record thru out the season so far is strictly on the players............. Least that's what some BB fans say. I'm just a hockey guy so I'll defer to the experts.