SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

For those interested Brad Heidelbaugh is playing in the Class B tourney this weekend. He'll be on TV tonight and has a good chance of winning Mr. Basketball this year. Tanner Bernhardt is another impressive athlete for Rugby and I heard UND was talking with him. Anyone know where he is going?

The most impressive athlete I saw yesterday was Anthony Olson from Lamoure. I mentioned him before but I do not know how this kid slipped by UND and NDSU. I hadn't seen him play BBall since his sophomore year and he has got to be one of the best athletes in the state this year and maybe even the last couple of years. Check out the alley opp dunk the 5'11 kid threw down yesterday. He was grabbing rebounds surrounded by 6'4, 6'3 and 6'7 kids yesterday. Good job by Coach Dosch at getting him to Northern.

http://www.wday.com/sports/high-school/3704217-lamoure-litchville-marion-wins-double-ot-b-over-new-england

Heidelbach looked pretty impressive tonight. Hard to believe there is a better athlete in the tournament. Also have to believe he wins Mr. Basketball

I believe that both UND & NDSU had interest in Olson, but not sure if the DI qualifications would have been met.  Heidelbach is a good baller, but has slow feet.  Good in open space when running but when stationary he gets beat every time on the first step by him.

I believe that both UND & NDSU had interest in Olson, but not sure if the DI qualifications would have been met.  Heidelbach is a good baller, but has slow feet.  Good in open space when running but when stationary he gets beat every time on the first step by him.

To bad on Olson, he is a fantastic athlete. As for Heidlebaugh I agree his feet are a little slow on D, but after watching him this weekend I think he has enough offensive talent where he would get minutes for UND on the hardwood if he came here for that. He is a better BBall prospect coming out of HS than Dexter Werner was and we've seen how he has done at NDSU. Plus you can play a PF in the BIg sky at 6'5. 

Regardless, I am excited this young man will be playing FB at UND. I know small town ND and MN kids are tough to project because of the competition they face, but I think Heidlebaugh and Grady have the most potential of any recruits in this class. Both are high end athletes and 3 sports stars that will get in a college weight program and take off. If QB doesn't work he is going to be an awesome TE or WR. He has height, decent speed, and can jump.

Side note - Two big in state prospects this year will be 6'4 TE Brayden Lund of Minot and 6'7 WR Braeden Hanson of Red River. Think of the matchup problems in 3-4 years if UND landed both and Heidlebaugh moved to WR/TE. Throw in a speedster in the slot and you have some real mismatches.

• 2 weeks later...

Parks was discussed at one time I believe for a mid year transfer but ended up not happening. Believe it is a LB/FB currently on campus.

The Gophers only have 2 FBs so I wouldn't think 1 of them would be transferring. Looking at the LB group one possibility would be Cedric Dicke who is a walk-on that will be a JR next year and has not played at all for the Gophers.

The Gophers only have 2 FBs so I wouldn't think 1 of them would be transferring. Looking at the LB group one possibility would be Cedric Dicke who is a walk-on that will be a JR next year and has not played at all for the Gophers.

My hunch would be it's a scholarship kid looking for more PT. What about Ray Dixon? Florida boy, and I think Maurice has a lot of connections in Florida. That's where Hinojosa was from. That's a complete guess.

i will say the name I heard is not on the Spring roster.

My guess is Jephte Matilus. I just noticed he isn't on the Spring roster was an LB until last Fall when he moved to FB to try to get more playing time but ended up 3rd on the depth chart there playing some on special teams.

My guess is Jephte Matilus. I just noticed he isn't on the Spring roster was an LB until last Fall when he moved to FB to try to get more playing time but ended up 3rd on the depth chart there playing some on special teams.

I think you're right. Would be a good depth linebacker guy.

I see the Jacobsen twins ended up signing at Beloit College, a low D3 in Wisconsin. Yet their handler came on SS to pimp them and SFI to chastise Bubba and Maurice for not offering them.

Glad they ended up somewhere. They worked hard, no doubt.

Isn't the LB position already our strength right now?  Seems like it might make sense to keep a scholarship open for a position that we are in more need of help?  I realize you need depth, but if he isn't going to start maybe another transfer player at another position could have pushed to start.  I'm sure they know what they are doing though and felt he would be a good fit for what the team needs.

Isn't the LB position already our strength right now? Seems like it might make sense to keep a scholarship open for a position that we are in more need of help? I realize you need depth, but if he isn't going to start maybe another transfer player at another position could have pushed to start. I'm sure they know what they are doing though and felt he would be a good fit for what the team needs.

Depth is key, but the transfer could possibly play starting fullback and be a key special teams contributor also.

Plenty of spots open...

• 2 weeks later...