SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

33 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The MVFC teams are offering fulls to every good player in the 5 State region right now.  SDSU is leading the charge cause their class is in shambles.  Not much you can do when they are 4 hours closer and offer way more money.

How did our FCOA factor into our offer vs the Jack's?  I thought SDSU was only doing FCOA for BB, or am I wrong?  Whatever it was it mustn't have been enough. Distance plus base scholly were most likely key. 

9 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

How did our FCOA factor into our offer vs the Jack's?  I thought SDSU was only doing FCOA for BB, or am I wrong?  Whatever it was it mustn't have been enough. Distance plus base scholly were most likely key. 

What I've read/heard is that SDSU will be offering fcoa for football starting in '17. I have no idea what was offered by either school, but perhaps SDSU sold him on that he would be getting fcoa in years 2 - 5

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

What I've read/heard is that SDSU will be offering fcoa for football starting in '17. I have no idea what was offered by either school, but perhaps SDSU sold him on that he would be getting fcoa in years 2 - 5

Gotcha! Thanks!

Kinda sucks to keep losing kids, but I've got a feeling we've probably got a few sleepers that aren't being talked about, hoping they slide under the radar until signing day.   And signing day can't get here soon enough.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't lose any more, this had been shaping up to be a good class.

44 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Kinda sucks but that was kind of the point of his soft verbal. He's a good player but has nowhere near the potential of our other TE commit who is also a ND native.

Really? I guess I thought Cloyd was a really good talent and would be a good tightend. Didn't even realize about the ND one. 

16 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Really? I guess I thought Cloyd was a really good talent and would be a good tightend. Didn't even realize about the ND one. 

Yeah, I think Cloyd is going to be a stud. He already has good size, will only get bigger, and looks a receiver in his highlights. I think he'll put up some nice numbers.

22 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Put 30 lbs or so on Pinke and I think he will be a monster. He has great lengthand good quickness. I did really like that Cloyd is a stud wrestler though.... oh well, have fun in Brookings.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Put 30 lbs or so on Pinke and I think he will be a monster. He has great lengthand good quickness. I did really like that Cloyd is a stud wrestler though.... oh well, have fun in Brookings.

Hope you're correct, I really don't know much a out Pinke, I just remember I saw quite a bit of Cloyd's Hudl tape. Hopefully Bubba has another recruit in place to take this guys spot. It would be nice to keep some of this offensive tools though. However, I think we'll still be find. Getting the "right" players, who can buy into Bubba's system is just as important as finding elite talent.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I thought Cloyd was definitely the better of the two judging by thier film. Although, you never know what Pinke can turn into with 30 lbs. of muscle on that frame.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

The MVFC teams are offering fulls to every good player in the 5 State region right now.  SDSU is leading the charge cause their class is in shambles.  Not much you can do when they are 4 hours closer and offer way more money.

The Jacks class in in shambles? lol wat

36 minutes ago, bang said:

I thought Cloyd was definitely the better of the two judging by thier film. Although, you never know what Pinke can turn into with 30 lbs. of muscle on that frame.

Cloyd just appeared to run better routes and looked really smooth catching the ball, then turning up field. Not saying Pinke won't be able to do that; just that I was impressed with Cloyd. Also, not sure what the difference was in the competition they were playing on their highlight videos. Anyway, lets go Pinke

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I didn't ask him to out the source.  I just wanted to know if he was connecting the dots or if he actually talked to somebody.  Not a big deal.

Fair point. Just wanted to vouch for him as he proven to have reliable resource in the past. 

1 hour ago, bang said:

For sure-

Pinke will redshirt.  Hopefully in 18 months from now he is about 250 with a little more boost.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Kinda sucks but that was kind of the point of his soft verbal. He's a good player but has nowhere near the potential of our other TE commit who is also a ND native.

Stop sugarcoating everything - losing Grady, Chinn, and Cloyd within a couple weeks is not good. It hurts because the offensive line, corner, and TE positions need depth, bad.

A pig with lipstick on is still a pig. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well perhaps he should try...

UND loses another recruit post-verbal commitment...

Maybe he already has and that's why they're leaving. Haha! The next one that leaves won't be so funny. 

59 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Stop sugarcoating everything - losing Grady, Chinn, and Cloyd within a couple weeks is not good. It hurts because the offensive line, corner, and TE positions need depth, bad.

A pig with lipstick on is still a pig. 

I didn't sugar coat anything. He was a soft verbal from the beginning, can't be suprised if he changes his mind after being non committal. Losing Grady is huge because of his awesome potential and because he actually was on the team. We can't get too caught up in kids who don't want to come here because they don't matter. We need 90+ guys who are 100% committed to UND.

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Beginning to think that I will wait until signing day to comment about recruits.  Verbals mean absolute squat!

My 'soft' opinion is that for most their word and verbal commitment still matters and means something, but again, that's a 'soft' opinion.  My hard opinion is that you shouldn't use the word 'soft' with commitment, that is an oxymoron.

• Upvote 4