SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Fair question, and nice to go through for next season if not for anything else.

QB Brad Heidlebaugh

OLB Jade Lawrence

RB Austin Gordon

DB Vashon Tucker

FB Josh Leonhard

ILB Donnell Rodgers

OLB Keelan Poole

LB Andre Steiger

DL Carter Wilson

DE/OLB Mason Bennett

LB Brock Shaide

DL Logan Alm

OL Patric Rooney

OL Bryce Blair

OL Justus Merz

WR Carter Blackwell

WR Tim Dulin

P Riley Thompson

TE Luke Keller

FB Tony Roland

DE Kemuel Denny

DE Carl Engwall

Camy? Merz? Alex Reed? Tucker? Where are they? Pulled shirts?

Camy and Reed are transfers, not FR. Tucker and Merz are up there on the list^.

Forgive my lack of reading comprehension. Couple of beers will do that.

Camy and Reed are JR's? I'm constantly looking to the future which I think can be bright. Not quitting on the present, but those last two games sucked some hope out of me.

We really need to recruit a lot of speed in this class. We are lacking guys that can take the top off a defense and bust one at any time. It seems like every Big Sky team has at least two of these types on their rosters. With our running game those types of players would have a field day against man coverage with a single safety over the top or even no safety.

Are we going after those twins from Moorhead? They seem like about exactly what we're looking for these days..

6'2 200 lbs high school corners with 4.5 speed don't come in this area often. UND is one of many suitors I'm sure. Think they could be CB, S or even OLB in college. Be nice to get them and Duginski. Spuds win again tonight, onto state with a real chance at a state title this year.

• Upvote 1

Depth development is so key for UND football moving forward, and fortunately, Bubba recognizes that. Going off of 2015's recruiting class, Bubba is going to really develop the walk-on program with local emphasis, which will build up depth. With better depth, for example, UND would be 6-1 this season. In a year or two, UND will be competing for an outright Big Sky Conference championship. 

• Upvote 1

6'2 200 lbs high school corners with 4.5 speed don't come in this area often. UND is one of many suitors I'm sure. Think they could be CB, S or even OLB in college. Be nice to get them and Duginski. Spuds win again tonight, onto state with a real chance at a state title this year.

They will be matching up with WR commit Jake Geier, 6'2”, 200, 4.5, Andover (Andover), MN (2 Star - 247) this week in the state quarters in st cloud.

Edited by Matt

We really need to land a stud QB.  Let's face it, it's the most position in sports, and right now our QB play is probably last in the Big Sky.  I'm no expert nor have I analyzed all Big Sky QB's so am kind of just saying it off the cuff, but would any of the other Big Sky teams trade their #1 QB for any of our 3?  

Looks like our TE verbal, Alex Cloyd, just received an offer from SDSU...

Tom Miller Retweeted

South Dakota State has offered 2016 @MSouthFootball TE and North Dakota commit Alex Cloyd (@alex_cloyd). #NebraskaJacks

Looks like he changed his tweet... originally, it said the Jacks were Cloyd's first D1 offer.

Who are some of the big targets for this class?

I think these two look like they could contribute nicely at CB.

Hamp Cheevers, 5'10”, 160, 4.5, Trenton (Trenton), FL (2 Star - 247 & Scout) Has offer from Liberty

Mark Collins Jr., 5'11“, 180, 4.5, Stilwell (Blue Valley West), KS (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from UNI, SIU, SDSU & USD

Quite honestly, do we have an FCS QB in the stable today? 

Studsrud has an average release at best (not fast, not slow) and is consistently throwing a step behind receivers. What makes him passable is his mobility. 

Bartles? I think he got his windup from Hideo Nomo. It's way to long from decision to release. Add in lack of mobility, that spring in the first step to allow escape, and it's a problem. 

Mollberg hasn't seen the field since his Achilles injury. To me that is telling in itself. 

Heidelbaugh, the kid from Rugby, has the current generation QB size (6'5") and good mobility for ND HS FB, but do we know if he has the arm, release, 'head' and ability for FCS? 

Jaxson Turner from Esko, MN picked up an offer today.  Guessing either at RB or LB.

Was hoping he was going to get an offer. Good iron range athlete and an area we have found a few good ones (Harris & Disterhaupt) the last few years. Could play many positions, hope we end up with him.