SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

27 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

An overwhelming majority of bison trolls are not capable of critical thought or reasoning.  You will have to wait until the Fargo Forum spells it out to you.

Couldnt produce the required information so your response isnt surprising.

On 2/4/2016 at 8:44 AM, darell1976 said:

LSU 80 Idaho (FBS) 0

LSU 80 Idaho (FCS) 0

This could hurt LSU's SOS either way if they want to make it to that precocious "playoff". 

On 2/4/2016 at 8:45 AM, JohnboyND7 said:

They are in the SEC, making the playoff there is pretty manageable.

The Playoff will jump to eight teams as soon as they can, maybe 12-16 by then,

1 hour ago, niouxsiouxfan said:

The Playoff will jump to eight teams as soon as they can, maybe 12-16 by then,

If they do 12-16 it should include all conference winners plus a few bubble teams. Makes the regular season more exciting if you are a fan of a team from a G5 conference.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

And trolling on a opponents message is?

The minute the Big Sky even makes a move to FBS, you and Herd have to agree to ban yourselves from trolling on this board.

I dont troll this board. Ive actually had some very good conversations here. You on the other hand cant say the same.

ps I noticed you didnt deny posting a lie. 

On 2/13/2016 at 1:56 PM, Herd said:

You are all alone in thinking that the BSC can go FBS.   All over AGS, CAA fans are repeating again and again that if FCS conferences could move FBS, the CAA would have done so long ago, and that MA and ODU would still be in the CAA.   The NCAA will squelch any designs that the BSC has to move FBS.   Having Idaho in your conference as the reason will draw belly laughter for FBS conferences.

#buttidaho...    You are forgetting the BSC has the Idaho wildcard in their pocket. They are their magic ticket to the FBS.   Never mind that the Big Sky schools can't even afford FCOA much less 22 more scholarships. 

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

#buttidaho...    You are forgetting the BSC has the Idaho wildcard in their pocket. They are their magic ticket to the FBS.   Never mind that the Big Sky schools can't even afford FCOA much less 22 more scholarships. 

Why are you worried about it?  #buttout

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

If they do 12-16 it should include all conference winners plus a few bubble teams. Makes the regular season more exciting if you are a fan of a team from a G5 conference.

That is the thought for the larger groupings.  The argument for eight as you can imagine is, "we have so many really good teams tho" coming from the big and good conferences (SEC, Big Ten, ACC). They want multiple teams represented. I'm sure the Pac 12 isn't far behind.  And of course the idiots in the Big 12 (idiots because they don't know how to count to 12, I know Big Ten also has this problem, but they at least they got their minimum) want their conference represented. Add in a G5 program that is having a great year, or Notre Dame (tho I think they will fall into conference), and you are easily at eight, again upsetting the bigger conferences, so then you have to expand to at least twelve.

***There is some tread on what SiouxVolley puts forth about UND and BSC, I'll get into the whole realignment thing another day.  But the Playoff Expansion is a part of it

3 hours ago, dakotadan said:

Honest question... why do FU fans care so much if this discussion is going on here? If you would stay away from this thread it would be nothing more than darrell and SiouxVolley going back and forth. 

You have a point. :lol:

59 minutes ago, niouxsiouxfan said:

That is the thought for the larger groupings.  The argument for eight as you can imagine is, "we have so many really good teams tho" coming from the big and good conferences (SEC, Big Ten, ACC). They want multiple teams represented. I'm sure the Pac 12 isn't far behind.  And of course the idiots in the Big 12 (idiots because they don't know how to count to 12, I know Big Ten also has this problem, but they at least they got their minimum) want their conference represented. Add in a G5 program that is having a great year, or Notre Dame (tho I think they will fall into conference), and you are easily at eight, again upsetting the bigger conferences, so then you have to expand to at least twelve.

***There is some tread on what SiouxVolley puts forth about UND and BSC, I'll get into the whole realignment thing another day.  But the Playoff Expansion is a part of it

The P5 isnt going to allow anyone else in their party. Thats one of the reasons they have autonomy. Yes they will increase the playoff field but not the numbers some think to get a G5 in.

4 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

most can if they wanted...um and msu don't really recruit against und so they don't have to...the ones that can't aren't going fbs (isu, wsu....

11 hours ago, bison73 said:

The P5 isnt going to allow anyone else in their party. 

Undoubtedly.
But, they will gladly and surely do whatever to "tier below them" to make their own lives easier. If that's change the FBS rules to make more "G5/tier below" teams to make guarantees cheaper, I could readily see that. Plus, it waters that "tier below" down to make the P5 appear all the better. 

13 hours ago, bison73 said:

The P5 isnt going to allow anyone else in their party. Thats one of the reasons they have autonomy. Yes they will increase the playoff field but not the numbers some think to get a G5 in.

And I suppose you were one to say the Big Ten would never add more teams. (Just a bit of useless trivia. With the financial issues in Illinois, if Chicago State wanted back in the Big Ten, they would have to be allowed in). The Big Ten will expand again likely to 16, the Big 12 wants to get back to at least twelve. I can't speak for the other conferences but they also have gone thru expansion. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Undoubtedly.
But, they will gladly and surely do whatever to "tier below them" to make their own lives easier. If that's change the FBS rules to make more "G5/tier below" teams to make guarantees cheaper, I could readily see that. Plus, it waters that "tier below" down to make the P5 appear all the better. 

You are onto something. It's a money thing. They can keep larger part of the pie amongst themselves. The tier below them still has bowls, but less likely to get into playoffs.

11 minutes ago, niouxsiouxfan said:

With the financial issues in Illinois, if Chicago State wanted back in the Big Ten, they would have to be allowed in 

You're confusing Chicago State (holding nose from stench) with the University of Chicago (the AAU member and former member of the B1G).