SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Same tactic you use every time some one questions your predictions. Just like clock work you deflect by trying to lump them in to the BV crowd and then bring up one of the predictions that you actually got right out of the thousands youve made.. Of course we cant forget the patting yourself on the back all the while.  So predictable.

You and your ilk don't know the difference between a prediction and message board speculation.  This is a predictive thread while there is the conference realignment thread is news and speculation.  There is a big difference that your small mind can't wrap itself around.

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You and your ilk don't know the difference between a prediction and message board speculation.  This is a predictive thread while there is the conference realignment thread is news and speculation.  There is a big difference that your small mind can't wrap itself around.

Surprised you didnt use your well used line---"you need to read between the lines" :lol:

"

"""Seems to me you were one of the scoffers that went along with the bizon troll crowd when I said that UND will get in the Big Sky before we even announced going to DI.  The troll crowd was apoplectic with laughter and many Sioux fans were embarrassed that I had such a bold prediction.  Stood by that thought even through the long transition and flirtations with Double and the Slummit. 

Those messages here seem to be forgotten, so just wanted to remind you all of history.

This summer there will be a call from P5 schools to change the FBS moveup rules.  Don't know the date."""

So you are saying that the rule change youve been espousing numerous times is just speculation and not a prediction? Or does the speculation change to prediction if the speculation comes true?:lol:

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Surprised you didnt use your well used line---"you need to read between the lines" :lol:

"

"""Seems to me you were one of the scoffers that went along with the bizon troll crowd when I said that UND will get in the Big Sky before we even announced going to DI.  The troll crowd was apoplectic with laughter and many Sioux fans were embarrassed that I had such a bold prediction.  Stood by that thought even through the long transition and flirtations with Double and the Slummit. 

Those messages here seem to be forgotten, so just wanted to remind you all of history.

This summer there will be a call from P5 schools to change the FBS moveup rules.  Don't know the date."""

So you are saying that the rule change youve been espousing numerous times is just speculation and not a prediction? Or does the speculation change to prediction if the speculation comes true?:lol:

For the dimwitted trolls that infest this board, I'll be sure to state whether a statement is a prediction or speculation in the future.

Sort of like the entirety of bisonville first rolled with laughter when I stated UND will definitely go DI, when that board said we couldnt and wouldnt, when I said for years that the Big Sky will be our home and that was a running joke there for years during the transition, and now I have said the Big Sky will go FBS and that is a running joke over there among the nim wits.  History keeps repeating itself.

Given that "Interim UND President Ed Schafer has said repeatedly .... to media this round of cuts is a complete reshaping of the budget that will ultimately have an impact of about $22 million in the next three to five years." ... how can there be any realistic discussion of moving to FBS.  The school, may be lucky to even have a football program after all the cuts are done.... much less have resources to move to FBS even if warmly invited by some FBS conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

For the dimwitted trolls that infest this board, I'll be sure to state whether a statement is a prediction or speculation in the future.

Sort of like the entirety of bisonville first rolled with laughter when I stated UND will definitely go DI, when that board said we couldnt and wouldnt, when I said for years that the Big Sky will be our home and that was a running joke there for years during the transition, and now I have said the Big Sky will go FBS and that is a running joke over there among the nim wits.  History keeps repeating itself.

You sure spend a lot of time over at BV.  I think you really got trolled on the UND wont go D1. There isnt a person I know who didnt think you guys wouldnt be following us.  LOL

Surprised you havent reminded us AGAIN of your Bakken speculation.  Or was that prediction?????:D

FYI your prediction that the BSC going FBS is a joke here also.  Just so you know.

55 minutes ago, Siouan said:

UND didn't build a million dollar plus IPF just for track and softball if getting rid of football is going to be an option. As bad as things get people will support football, and as for the idea going FBS, it's not as crazy as any other Dakota team going.

17 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

UND didn't build a million dollar plus IPF just for track and softball if getting rid of football is going to be an option. As bad as things get people will support football, and as for the idea going FBS, it's not as crazy as any other Dakota team going.

Hey Im just going by what your fans have said about SV on some other venues. Nothing about teams moving up.

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Hey Im just going by what your fans have said about SV on some other venues.

And I'm just stating UND won't drop football and about going FBS we laugh at your fans who think the Bison should go, your fans laugh that we should go. It's a rivalry and at one point we will both go FBS. When we go FBS is the question, and this budget crisis set by the state throws a wrench into things, but it's all a wait and see.

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

And I'm just stating UND won't drop football and about going FBS we laugh at your fans who think the Bison should go, your fans laugh that we should go. It's a rivalry and at one point we will both go FBS. When we go FBS is the question, and this budget crisis set by the state throws a wrench into things, but it's all a wait and see.

Who thinks you would drop football? I dont get where you are coming from on this.

37 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You sure spend a lot of time over at BV.  I think you really got trolled on the UND wont go D1. There isnt a person I know who didnt think you guys wouldnt be following us.  LOL

Surprised you havent reminded us AGAIN of your Bakken speculation.  Or was that prediction?????:D

FYI your prediction that the BSC going FBS is a joke here also.  Just so you know.

There were only umpteen threads about UND staying DII and all the "wise men" assembled there said hockey was a noose around our necks that will keep us DII.  Later the narrative was changed where women's hockey was a noose around our necks.  When I stated that hockey pulls in more money than NDSU football, the inmates melted down and went berserk over there.

Your a total joke, but that it obviously hasn't sunk in yet.  But look at me, I'm arguing with an idiot.

1 hour ago, Siouan said:

As stated previously many times, FBS brings in more money.  If Idaho goes down to FCS, they will have to cut sports because they would lose out on massive guarantee game revenue, NCAA money, and CFP money.

There is talk of a new CoBPA building, but the state isn't paying for it, so why is there talk?  Same for FBS.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

There were only umpteen threads about UND staying DII and all the "wise men" assembled there said hockey was a noose around our necks that will keep us DII.  Later the narrative was changed where women's hockey was a noose around our necks.  When I stated that hockey pulls in more money than NDSU football, the inmates melted down and went berserk over there.

Your a total joke, but that it obviously hasn't sunk in yet.  But look at me, I'm arguing with an idiot.

:lol: 

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Who thinks you would drop football? I dont get where you are coming from on this.

This was in Siouan's post:    

The school, may be lucky to even have a football program after all the cuts are done..

I actually don't believe cutting the football program is that far fetched.  Sioux ID is with Hockey, not football.  With the current interim President, (former Gov), it is certainly possible he could see the state benefiting from Sioux = Hockey; Bison = Football.  Isn't that what sort of happened this year.... 2 national championships... 1 football, 1 hockey.  Cutting Sioux FB to reinforce Sioux hockey = 5 national hockey championships ....?  North Dakota, besides being the worlds 3d leading nuclear power, ... is also the nation's leading FB & Hockey powers.

• Downvote 11

8 minutes ago, Siouan said:

I actually don't believe cutting the football program is that far fetched.  Sioux ID is with Hockey, not football.  With the current interim President, (former Gov), it is certainly possible he could see the state benefiting from Sioux = Hockey; Bison = Football.  Isn't that what sort of happened this year.... 2 national championships... 1 football, 1 hockey.  Cutting Sioux FB to reinforce Sioux hockey = 5 national hockey championships ....?  North Dakota, besides being the worlds 3d leading nuclear power, ... is also the nation's leading FB & Hockey powers.

Go away, adults are having a conversation.

• Upvote 3

So you both don't see any problem with cuts and Gov Schafer in charge thinking like a politician rather than a dedicated alum...  okay.  

I see, if it doesn't fit your tiny world view, it must be "them" are here .... narrow minded folks rarely see trouble coming until well after the fact. 

• Downvote 5

Just now, Siouan said:

I have little to no problem with cuts named to date. A university president is always a politician, anyone thinking otherwise doesn't know anything about university presidents. Schafer cares about UND and it's future. The cuts he is making are for the benefit of UND, not ndsu. 

I didn't say anything about benefiting NDSU... I said benefiting the State of North Dakota..... Keep the focus on ND..... via perennial championships.

That's probably too tough a concept for you all to understand ... benefit ND.....

• Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Siouan said:

I didn't say anything about benefiting NDSU... I said benefiting the State of North Dakota..... Keep the focus on ND..... via perennial championships.

Your game of imaginary is fun.  Maybe he's positioning UND's academics and athletics for what he wants them to look like in 5 years.   Trim some programs and get UNDs athletic dept looking more like a program in the MWC. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Siouan said:

That's probably too tough a concept for you all to understand ... benefit ND.....

Cutting football doesn't benefit UND or the state. You're bs act of being a neutral party is garbage. Continue spouting off and it'll be considered trolling. 

• Upvote 4