SiouxSports.com Forum

Philip Nelson leaving Minnesota football program

UND-FB-FAN

Let me know when you folks sell almost twenty thousand seats a game and have about seventeen or eighteen go to Dallas for q game

Haha you NDSU fans really are delusional if you think Sioux hockey isn't the most popular sport in the state. I know plenty of NDSU football fans that are also Sioux hockey fans but not any that are the other way around. Ever have a school make a ticket policy specifically to try to keep your fans out of their building because it feels at best like a neutral site game?

As for K-State beating Michigan and Michigan beating Minnesota you must have the missed the part earlier where we said Michigan was missing players including their starting QB and having to have a true freshman make his 1st start. You can argue all you want about how much better you guys think NDSU football is than Minnesota but the fact is NDSU football will never get to the level they are at and already have been at.

So where is Nelson going to Transfer?

A writer in one of the MSP papers mentioned Texas Tech and maybe UCLA as possibilities which would surprise me a little bit. Nelson said the day after he announced he was leaving that he had been in contact with 7 schools but wouldn't say who yet.

As for asking who the Gophers beat in other posts NDSU beat an average K-State team with a lot of different players from the previous season in the 1st game of the year. The Gophers Nebraska, @ Northwestern, and Penn State wins were all better than that and the Gophers were a few mistakes in the redzone away from pulling an upset at Michigan State.

...and almost pulled off a victory over 6-6 Syracuse team in their bowl game!

...and almost pulled off a victory over 6-6 Syracuse team in their bowl game!

Yeah that was one of their ugliest games of the year but knew there wouldn't be a whole lot of motivation for that bowl game and knew they would have trouble with it. They had been expecting to go to the Gator Bowl and really probably should have but got passed over for Nebraska even though they beat them head to head.

Going to mid level bowl games is much more prestigious than winning the FCS and its not close. Also, mid level bowl games are just scratching the surface of what the Gophers could do under Kill.

NDSU has already reached their ceiling, its gotten as good as it gets and its still meaningless college football that people dont watch. Have fun Bison fans.

Gee and I wonder why rodent fans get labeled arrogant.

If your "sota" doc thinks he can diagnose mono by feeling your fat belly then I doubt he was a graduate of the U of Minn. medical school. I'm sure John Boy, in the 8 yrs it seems to be taking you to get a degree from the AC, you have become an expert on mono. I would guess whomever felt your belly thought you had an enlarged spleen. That doesn't mean you have mono anymore than a negative mono test early in the course of your illness means you don't have mono. You made some dumb ass comment about the U of N. Dak. Medical School being a joke. I have attended both UND and Mayo Medical School and the staff at Mayo had a high regard for UND. UND's medical students are outstanding. I have had students in the health sciences from UND, USD, UMD, U of Minn. and the AC nurse practioner program for 20 yrs. Your experience seems to be from the fact that you see multiple doctors. Don't you have a doctor who you normally see? Do you realize that while you seem to feel better by your sophomoric comments about UND or Gopher FB, they come from a character whose life seems to revolve around his favorite college team and their successes which you have nothing to do with. How pathetic that there is nothing more interesting in your life that you spend this much time on a sports blog of a former rival. The

highlight of your day seems to be to point out that another fans team isn't always successful. That is sad. You can put it on your résumé if you ever finish school.

Lol touchy subject brosef. Someone is way too stressed out. Better head over to the U of MN medical school. They'll help ya out.

Nice attempt at doing a profile. Lots of swings and lots of misses. Stick to your day job.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day a very veteran NDSU team played a pretty avg big 12 team that had almost completely replaced their offense and defense. It was almost a best case scenario for the bison. Also the bison still had to win on a last second drive. K state won their bowl game but overall this year it was a down year. Most of you have to remember that k states schedule and the gophers schedule is so much harder than the bisons (obviously). The bison had one reasonably hard game all year (kstate). Kstate and the gophs have somewhat hard games (sorry SEC fan here) every game except the cupcake fcs games. What I'm trying to say is that if NDSU had to play a big ten schedule they may have had 1....maybe two big ten wins against the cellar teams.

Lol touchy subject brosef. Someone is way too stressed out. Better head over to the U of MN medical school. They'll help ya out.

Nice attempt at doing a profile. Lots of swings and lots of misses. Stick to your day job.

I would characterize this as an unnecessary personal attack. Your incompetence and lack of logic is quite concerning. You continue to be a nuisance with such pointless comments. If you can't add something constructive, don't comment. Although I don't support debating with morons, I'll provide you with these websites.

www.grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/rural-medicine-rankings

www.ranker.com/list/top-us-medical-schools-with-rural-medicine-programs/college-info

• Upvote 1

Gopher fans are arrogant and really they haven't earned the right to be arrogant about anything on the gridiron. Their coach though is about as far from arrogant as you can get. He was in Fargo this summer to see what NDSU football is all about.

He is a humble and down to Earth guy. I have a ton of respect for Kill and with him at helm it is easy to want the Gophers to win. As for Nelson I think he would be best suited to go to a MAC/CUSA/AAC/MWC school, not sure he is good enough for Texas Tech or UCLA.

That was such a clever response I am almost at a loss on how to respond to anything so clever. Good to know you have nothing better to do than monitor this website. If you spent half as much time studying as you do on this web site it wouldn't take you so long to finish school. You are right the stress created by such comments has me driving to MSP to find a competent physician. Was your " sota" doc smart enough to take one look at you and see how goofy you are or did he have to examine your abdomen first???

Nelson and Mollberg were the top 2 QB's out of Mn. their senior yr. Nelson was faster and brought speed to his running games. Mollberg had stronger arm but missed beginning of season and played hurt. Mollberg is better than either of the QB's the Gophers had this yr. Given time and the right scheme so was Bartels. Both of our QB's made some great plays and made some poor decisions. Mollberg is stronger and has the big time arm. Both our kids suffered from play calling that didn't seem to have any strategy and the lack of a running game and poor pass protection. Mollberg can stand in the pocket and make every throw you need. Bartels has to wind up a bit tp make the 40-50 yd throw. Mollberg can create with his ability to run and he can break tackles. Bartels doesn't have that. Nelson has the quickness to escape trouble and in the open has better speed than our guys.dont know who our qb will be next fall but Nelson wouldn't walk into starting job and he would need to be better passer than he was last yr. Both of our guys are as good or better passers and neither had protection. Nelson might emerge as top guy but he would have a battle with both of our guys.

This is the same type of pie-in-the-sky overly optimistic assessments we heard from "those in the know" during fall practice before this season. (better than either Gopher quarterbacks - hell, he wasn't even better that all of the Sioux quarterbacks) - Add in an assessment about how our lines had worked hard in the off season and were bigger, stronger, faster, and more cohesive, a reference to the best receiving corps in the nation, and a mention about how good our young players were and you would have the complete package. I have to admit I was surprised to see your name on this post instead of Geaux_Sioux's.

• Upvote 1

This is the same type of pie-in-the-sky overly optimistic assessments we heard from "those in the know" during fall practice before this season. (better than either Gopher quarterbacks) - Add in an assessment about how our lines had worked hard in the off season and were bigger, stronger, faster, and more cohesive, a reference to the best receiving corps in the nation, and a mention about how good our young players were and you would have the complete package. I have to admit I was surprised to see your name on this post instead of Geaux_Sioux's.

My info on the hogs impressive winter was as good as it gets. Maybe they got fat and happy over the summer thinking they already had won the Big Sky? That's kind of how it seemed after fall camp.

My info on the hogs impressive winter was as good as it gets. Maybe they got fat and happy over the summer thinking they already had won the Big Sky? That's kind of how it seemed after fall camp.

Sorry - after I re-read this it sounded more like an attack than I had intended. I'm just frustrated that it took us so long to get off the Muss bandwagon. Not blaming you.

This is the same type of pie-in-the-sky overly optimistic assessments we heard from "those in the know" during fall practice before this season. (better than either Gopher quarterbacks - hell, he wasn't even better that all of the Sioux quarterbacks) - Add in an assessment about how our lines had worked hard in the off season and were bigger, stronger, faster, and more cohesive, a reference to the best receiving corps in the nation, and a mention about how good our young players were and you would have the complete package. I have to admit I was surprised to see your name on this post instead of Geaux_Sioux's.

Same conclusion Craig Bohl and Vigen came to when they recruited him. Same reason he attracted attention from some FBS programs. I don't recall he was compared to Gopher QB's last fall. I don't believe you are able to decide how good he can be based on last fall. Neither of our QBs had time to throw. Our receiving corps was in fact very talented last year. I am not convinced this team had a great work ethic last year. Biggest disappointment was O-line, lack of running game and lack of discipline. Defense maybe a little better but that doesn't say much. I believe we had some good young kids. We lost a lot with transfers and injuries to Kuska and Adams. I said Nelson couldn't walk in and take the job and he might earn it but not without a battle. Neither Gopher qb played well last year. That was a factor in their losses. Our qb play regardless of who was playing wasn't the reason we struggled. I may be wrong but we are ok at qb no matter which of these guys emerges as the starter. I think Mollberg has a bigger upside but I've watched him play for 5 yrs.

Nebraska needs a QB but I don't think any player wants to play for Bo Pelini, that man needs to be fired as much as Muss did.

WTF are you talking about. Nebraska had 4 freshmen or redshirt freshmen QB's and a sophomore QB on the roster last year......one of whom started at the end of the season. And to compare Pelini to Muss is completely absurd. I swear sometimes people post on here just to build up their post count in hopes that others will see the high post count and assume they know what they are talking about.

• Upvote 1

WTF are you talking about. Nebraska had 4 freshmen or redshirt freshmen QB's and a sophomore QB on the roster last year......one of whom started at the end of the season. And to compare Pelini to Muss is completely absurd. I swear sometimes people post on here just to build up their post count in hopes that others will see the high post count and assume they know what they are talking about.

Are you a Husker fan? Well I am since the 80's and Pelini is one of the worst coaches ever at Nebraska. He ripped his fans, calling them fair weather after 270+ straight sellouts, what coach does that? NU hasn't seen a NC game for a long time and it's getting old. They lost to the Gophers, they almost lost to Wyoming...WYOMING!!!! The old NU program would have put up 70 on Minny and Wyoming. This team is a joke with the joker as the leader.