SiouxSports.com Forum

Philip Nelson leaving Minnesota football program

UND-FB-FAN

That's purely wrong. It would have been a good game.

Nope. NDSU beat literally two of the worst teams in the history of gopher football and they actually take pride in those wins. Think about that. Beating two of the worst teams in Gopher football history is one of NDSU's biggest accomplishments. The last year of Mason and the first year of Brewster.

Worse than NDSU. I hate the UND. But you both play meaningless college football.

Should have known you're a Gopher fan. The worst losers of any team that we've beaten in recent years. Minnesota football - 'grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.' I'm talking decades.

I think people who watch FCS FB are going to be really surprised at what kind of QB has been riding the pine behind Brock at FU.

I would have taken him at UND a couple of years ago in a second.

Agreed, from the NDSU fans I know, the guy behind Brock is supposed to be a better player physically; if he can play the game like Brock mentally, they'll be in the hunt again next season. I don't think the bison are in a position to need a FBS transfer. He might be able to help UND if we hadn't lost our entire receiving core; but i think we def have some promise in our QBs. Hopefully Bubba can scheme better than Muss.

Should have known you're a Gopher fan. The worst losers of any team that we've beaten in recent years. Minnesota football - 'grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.' I'm talking decades.

Dude you're FCS. No one cares and no one watches. That's the truth whether you accept it or not.

Yeah much worse than those NDSU football fans who bring signs to games that say we want Alabama or Florida State and actually think they could compete in the Big Ten.

Dude you're FCS. No one cares and no one watches. That's the truth whether you accept it or not.

You do know you're from a strictly middle of the road tbs program, and that you played in one of the toilet bowls with a 2/3 empty stadium, right? No one gave a crap.

Top? Playing teams like Bemidji, St. Cloud, UMD? Yup, top of the college world.

Yes a top program with real D1 National Championships and one of the most storied hockey programs in the nation. Haha you are fan of a team that plays at basically the JV level of D1 football.

You do know you're from a strictly middle of the road tbs program, and that you played in one of the toilet bowls with a 2/3 empty stadium, right? No one gave a crap.

You just made my point. The gophers bowl game which I agree is not an elite bowl was on EPSN while your National title game was on ESPN2. Even the biggest game for your level of football isn't as popular as lower tier bowl games.

You just made my point. The gophers bowl game which I agree is not an elite bowl was on EPSN while your National title game was on ESPN2. Even the biggest game for your level of football isn't as popular as lower tier bowl games.

Gameday in Fargo was the 3rd highest rated show of the year. Have you ever had Gameday? I believe that's on ESPN. Our game with K-State had decent ratings on ESPN.

The Bison defense would have owned Minnesota. Brock and our offense would have been just fine. It would have been very close.

Minnesota ran the ball fine against Michigan State so I'm pretty sure they would be fine against NDSU. Jensen would have been forced to throw because NDSU would have struggled to get much rushing.

Worse than NDSU. I hate the UND. But you both play meaningless college football.

at best, minnesota will never be more than a mid level big 10 team. At best, essentially, they play meaningless football year, after year, after year. Unless they honestly want to take pride in those papa johns bowl games that none of their fans go to, or whatever shithole bowl they can hope for in a best case scenario.