SiouxSports.com Forum

Philip Nelson leaving Minnesota football program

UND-FB-FAN

Gameday in Fargo was the 3rd highest rated show of the year. Have you ever had Gameday? I believe that's on ESPN. Our game with K-State had decent ratings on ESPN.

Probably would have been hard for the K-State game to have decent ratings on ESPN when the game was on Fox Sports 1 when it was brand new channel.

Jealous of what JV national championships? I just find it funny how much NDSU football fans think of their team and how much they think others care about them.

We love the Bison. It's true. We brought approximately 17,000 people to Texas. Are you proud of UND's national championship in football?

You just made my point. The gophers bowl game which I agree is not an elite bowl was on EPSN while your National title game was on ESPN2. Even the biggest game for your level of football isn't as popular as lower tier bowl games.

The quarterfinal game was on ESPN....I guess that is now on par with your bowl game.

at best, minnesota will never be more than a mid level big 10 team. At best, essentially, they play meaningless football year, after year, after year. Unless they honestly want to take pride in those papa johns bowl games that none of their fans go to, or whatever shithole bowl they can hope for in a best case scenario.

Going to mid level bowl games is much more prestigious than winning the FCS and its not close. Also, mid level bowl games are just scratching the surface of what the Gophers could do under Kill.

NDSU has already reached their ceiling, its gotten as good as it gets and its still meaningless college football that people dont watch. Have fun Bison fans.

Going to mid level bowl games is much more prestigious than winning the FCS and its not close. Also, mid level bowl games are just scratching the surface of what the Gophers could do under Kill.

NDSU has already reached their ceiling, its gotten as good as it gets and its still meaningless college football that people dont watch. Have fun Bison fans.

Agreed there is a reason schools move from the FCS level to the FBS level and not the other way around.

If I were a Sioux fan I wouldn't really care about UND football much either. But I'll bet that you were pumped when they won their national championship.

I use to keep up with football more in the D2 days when a couple guys from my hometown played and they both won national championships so I guess I did enjoy that yes but since the transition to D1 I haven't followed all that closely.

Prestigious according to whom? Minnesotans own fanbase didnt even want for attend the game. Bisons ceiling is multiple national championships and getting noticed by espn and other national media outlets. We know were not on an equal playing field as minnesota - and the funny thing is, ndsu fans cant even take minnesota seriously.

ThAts how !@#!$ the minnesota program is right now.

Minnesota football hasn't been relevant for 45 to 50 years. It's been a bottom feeder for most of that time.

I use to keep up with football more in the D2 days when a couple guys from my hometown played and they both won national championships so I guess I did enjoy that yes but since the transition to D1 I haven't followed all that closely.

So you were proud of a DII championship.

Prestigious according to whom? Minnesotans own fanbase didnt even want for attend the game. Bisons ceiling is multiple national championships and getting noticed by espn and other national media outlets. We know were not on an equal playing field as minnesota - and the funny thing is, ndsu fans cant even take minnesota seriously.

ThAts how !@#!$ the minnesota program is right now.

Most Minnesota fans can't take NDSU seriously either. The Minnesota fanbase didn't attend the game well because it was the same bowl game as the year before and the team really deserved a better game and probably should have been playing in the Gator Bowl against Georgia. Minnesota is a program on the rise again right now.

I use to keep up with football more in the D2 days when a couple guys from my hometown played and they both won national championships so I guess I did enjoy that yes but since the transition to D1 I haven't followed

all that closely.

I hink it would be hard as hell to try and follow und football closely. But when the hockey team hasn't won a national championship since like 2000, i guess you find any straw u can to hang on too.

Most Minnesota fans can't take NDSU seriously either. The Minnesota fanbase didn't attend the game well because it was the same bowl game as the year before and the team really deserved a better game and probably should have been playing in a bowl game. Minnesota is a program on the rise again right now.

Minnesota doesn't even take their own program seriously, let alone a bordering inferior neighbor who has beaten them twice in a row now

I hink it would be hard as hell to try and follow und football closely. But when the hockey team hasn't won a national championship since like 2000, i guess you find any straw u can to hang on too.

Yeah haven't won a championship in a while but still by far the most popular and prestigious team in the state.

Minnesota doesn't even take their own program seriously, let alone a bordering inferior neighbor who has beaten them twice in a row now

Yet for some reason recruits continue to choose Minnesota over NDSU. I wonder why? Maybe because NDSU will never get to the level Minnesota is already at.

Yes a top program with real D1 National Championships and one of the most storied hockey programs in the nation. Haha you are fan of a team that plays at basically the JV level of D1 football.

You aware of how much money und spends basically exclusively to play "JV" ball?

Yeah haven't won a championship in a while but still by far the most popular and prestigious team in the state.

Let me know when you folks sell almost twenty thousand seats a game and have about seventeen or eighteen go to Dallas for q game

Then you obviously didn't watch much Gopher football this year. I don't follow Moo U, so I couldn't tell you if Brock made mistakes or not, but the K-State team they beat was average at best and got better as the season went on.

If you followed "Moo U" this year, you likely would have seen that the past liability that at times was Brock Jensen became a strength. We threw it at will on anyone....we ran it at will(sometimes to lesser extents) on everyone. I am not a Jensen apologist and honestly, wonder if NDSU had not won the 2011-12 season if he would have even been the QB the past couple years.

No jealousy here but I do find it very funny when NDSU thinks they would be top half of the Big 10 or Big 12 because they pull off an upset over a team in that conference that was replacing a lot of guys and yes I do think Minnesota would have beat KSU this season.

Minnesota was the same thing this year that they always are....mediocre. Just so happened that they were standard Big Ten mediocre while most of the league was legit mediocre. The only team from a big conference that played NDSU......rolled a team called Michigan. Michigan got beat down like red-headed stepchildren against K-State. That Michigan team beat Minnesota by 29 points. The transitive property has little if any value in sport.....but anyone who says Minnesota would beat KSU is basing it off of either an extreme pro-gopher bias or an extreme anti-KSU or anti-NDSU bias. Neutral site...I give K-State 9.5 points easy.

You can't spell delusional without NDSU.

.....someone's major must have only required remedial english. Judging by medical school ranks...I have to wonder if you were the doctor who told me I didn't have mono when all it took for a 'Sota doc to diagnose me was feeling my abdomen.