SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Night - UND vs. UBC

siouxforeverbaby

All bad analogies there MM. The teams you listed are made up off players people wanted or professionals. None lost to a team made up of players no one wanted past the high school or junior level.

I agree. I just hate how some posters are making excuses for this loss. As a coach of this great game I always told my players after a loss I don't want to hear any excuses as excuses are for losers.

All bad analogies there MM. The teams you listed are made up off players people wanted or professionals. None lost to a team made up of players no one wanted past the high school or junior level.

Michigan Tech any time it beats UND in hockey...NDSU football beating Kansas State...#15 Lehigh beating #2 Duke in basketball...

I agree. I just hate how some posters are making excuses for this loss. As a coach of this great game I always told my players after a loss I don't want to hear any excuses as excuses are for losers.

Alright, I concede. Should North Dakota pull a Yale out of its hat this year and win an NCAA hockey championship, the banner raised next fall in REA should have an asterisk on it saying 'we lost to the University of British Columbia.'

What was the attendance last night?

I don't think anyone is making excuses, it was a bad loss but it also was in a game that doesn't count and maybe they learn a lesson from last night that they can build off of this second half. in the college hockey landscape this loss would have looked much worse 10-15 years than today as take a look at college hockey today and who beats who. go back to when holy cross beat the gophers and I think that was just the start of what you see today as there aren't many holy crap did you see that this team beat that team any more.

Alright, I concede. Should North Dakota pull a Yale out of its hat this year and win an NCAA hockey championship, the banner raised next fall in REA should have an asterisk on it saying 'we lost to the University of British Columbia.'

What was the attendance last night?

If this is the loss that kick starts them to #8 then yes an asterisk will be needed. :)

Don't like losing any game but really not gonna worry about this loss at all because it is an exhibition and doesn't have any effect on the season. Kind of expected the team to not be up for this game at all but I still was hoping they could find a way to win. Fully expect the team to bounce back tonight against a bad team tonight but I won't put much stock into it as well because it doesn't mean anything again.

I guess the thing that perplexes me the most is that our UND team just doesn't seem to have the talent of past. I find it hard to believe but it is obvious this year.

My real worry is that they do have the talent, they just aren't putting it to good use. Defense can win games, but not if you don't score goals. We have to light that lamp.

I guess the thing that perplexes me the most is that our UND team just doesn't seem to have the talent of past. I find it hard to believe but it is obvious this year.

Not that hard to believe when you have several blue-chippers get replaced by NAHL guys (no offense intended to Gaarder, as he's starting to increase his game).

I'm not trying to make excuses, but unless you're the 2007 Patriots, losses happen throughout the regular season. Often, they happen to less talented teams. If it takes an unexpected loss to remind the boys not to take this recent winning streak for granted, I'd much rather that loss come against UBC than against CC next weekend.

well we did run in to a hot goalie last nite says the moderators on the live chat

All I read on the live chat were the mods saying that his glove was extremely weak and that he kept dropping every shot that went glove side.

So I'm not sure where you read that we ran into a hot goalie.

It's been some time now since gfhockey has put up a decent post--just the same old simplistic whining you might expect from a UAB fan. We Sioux fans are expected to perform at level befitting our great tradition. Time to ban him. :)

You recruit kids that do not need to be "pumped up" to play hockey... For every lazy D1 player who doesn't want to give it his all every night there are 10 kids that would gladly take his place. Being a Sioux hockey player isn't a right, it's an honor. For those who don't want to skate hard, get the eff off the ice.

Oh boy! This is all funny..