SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Night - UND vs. UBC

siouxforeverbaby

why can I put on the green shades for once?

btw u must not be a und fan as I call the shots in the football forum

named the HC and DC days before they were announced.

And then said your source said they screwed up and didn't hire the right coach, then after they hired the coach you said they were and then said they weren't. You said it all happened because of your reverse psychology... OMG get lost! The only shots you call are at the bar...good place for you!

why can I put on the green shades for once?

btw u must not be a und fan as I call the shots in the football forum

named the HC and DC days before they were announced.

Hate to out my sources, but your liver told me you're an expert at calling shots.

Find me a college or pro athlete in any sport that doesn't mail it in on occasion. The 10-6 Eagles got their butts handed to them by a hapless Vikings team. The Miami Heat opened their season with a loss to a team tanking it to try to win next summer's draft lottery (76ers). The Islanders defeated the mighty Blackhawks a day ago. Baylor was expected to smoke Central Florida in the Fiesta Bowl...but the Knights put up 50+ on the Big 12 champions.

The series at Western Michigan and the next two series will tell you a lot more about this Sioux team than an exhibition game played in scenic British Columbia will.

In every scenario you mentioned it was one team against another from the same league. To correct you example it would be mich vs appalation state....and that mich team was a mess.

In every scenario you mentioned it was one team against another from the same league. To correct you example it would be mich vs appalation state....and that mich team was a mess.

It's Appalachian State and that's a great analogy. So before that game, you predicted Michigan would wind up 'a mess' by season's end? How about NDSU vs Kansas State? Georgia Southern vs Florida? Eastern Washington vs Oregon State?

Hak will get the boys ready to play tonite!

All hail hakstol!

While ndsu playing for a nother natty we are playing jv canadians who are playing toe to toe with us

Go hak!

Don't be intimidated so easily, gfhockey. Grow a pair. Stand up and insist you want another championship.

Hak will get the boys ready to play tonite!

All hail hakstol!

While ndsu playing for a nother natty we are playing jv canadians who are playing toe to toe with us

Go hak!

The toolpusher called...he said since it's a slow day on the rig you can scrub the doghouse again and then mix up some more mud.

• Upvote 1

Pretty expensive road trip for a few family members. Rather see them play games that count.

why did Kansas come play UND in 2001? Because Roy Williams had told his players that he would make sure that they would get to play as close to their home as possible at some point in their career. He could have chosen the Gophers or someone else..but he didn't.

Recruiting, letting players get a chance to play in front of more family members than may be able to come to GF, alumni who might live in that area who might not get to see them play...those are all reasons that they could have had for planning this trip.

Also, if I am remembering right...you can only play so many games that count a season..UND was at that amount and wanted some more games to help "get the rust" off...so they scheduled some exhibition games. Yes, they could have been in GF...but they chose to make an experience for the team and the fans out of it.

If this trip was supposed to expose how well NCAA college hockey can play and give us an example to point to for recruiting purposes, then last night's loss was a big time #)(%*& up. Add the fact that UND is now 0-5 all-time against that team, and you can pretty much call this trip a disaster, regardless of how they do against SF tonight.

why did Kansas come play UND in 2001? Because Roy Williams had told his players that he would make sure that they would get to play as close to their home as possible at some point in their career. He could have chosen the Gophers or someone else..but he didn't.

Recruiting, letting players get a chance to play in front of more family members than may be able to come to GF, alumni who might live in that area who might not get to see them play...those are all reasons that they could have had for planning this trip.

Also, if I am remembering right...you can only play so many games that count a season..UND was at that amount and wanted some more games to help "get the rust" off...so they scheduled some exhibition games. Yes, they could have been in GF...but they chose to make an experience for the team and the fans out of it.

I believe that Simon Fraser is determining whether it goes DI in hockey and the NCHC is scouting them out. This is kinda like a dry run. Rumors have been floated by Bowling Green that a bus league CCHA will be reforumulated with BGSU, Ferris, W Mich, Miami, Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, Niagara, Canisius, and maybe Syracuse. The NCHC needs more than six teams and CBS will call the shot on whom they would add: a school like SFU could get on Canadian Cable and then add another western school (or three), like E Wash, Utah, or the Arizonas, or maybe even Washington or USC. http://thehockeywrit...und-the-corner/

Schlossman's twitter is kind of tongue in cheek about the weather, but there is possible substance to it.

Follow
heraldphoto_normal.jpg

I think we can all get behind the idea of UBC or Simon Fraser to the NCHC. pic.twitter.com/Z1fGH234UH

I just can't believe that they would entertain that idea at all.

Most of the Canadian school rosters like UBC and SF are former MJ players. There's no way that the NCAA would allow that to continue if they were added to the NCHC.

Those schools would have to completely change their recruiting.

I just can't believe that they would entertain that idea at all.

Most of the Canadian school rosters like UBC and SF are former MJ players. There's no way that the NCAA would allow that to continue if they were added to the NCHC.

Those schools would have to completely change their recruiting.

UBC can't go because they chose CIS over NCAA. A transition would take years for UBC and cause a political firestorm. SF is an NCAA DII school with the immediate potential to go DI in hockey only but they would have to drop former major junior players if they go varsity. Recruiting would be easy for Simon Fraser, even without MJ players.

I don't mind change at all but having to start plugging in those type of schools is a very bad sign for the NCHC and unds future. Don't like at all. Can UND just get into the big 10 if it's going to be a Wild West out there for conference movement? Is that even possible?

I don't mind change at all but having to start plugging in those type of schools is a very bad sign for the NCHC and unds future. Don't like at all. Can UND just get into the big 10 if it's going to be a Wild West out there for conference movement?

Agree totally AZSIOUX. Total disaster if that happens.