SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

If he wasn't/isn't Faison's 1st choice it should not matter to anyone here. But if he is...well then it might get interesting.

Pflu has strong connections to the BS...won a natty...grab him!!! Now!

I am on the Pflugrad bandwagon also, would be a terrific hire, might be done already who knows.

I am on the Pflugrad bandwagon also, would be a terrific hire, might be done already who knows.

Got some connections in Missoula...they said if UND misses the boat on Pflu they'll regret it.

• Upvote 1

Guess the glammer and glitter of Laramie vs Fargo was too much to pass up. Here is the Wikipedia entry on Laramie.

Laramie is a city in and the county seat of Albany County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 30,816 at the 2010 census.[6] Located on the Laramie River in southeastern Wyoming, the city is west of Cheyenne, at the junction of Interstate 80 and U.S. Route 287.

Laramie was settled in the mid-19th century along the Union Pacific Railroad line, which crosses the Laramie River at Laramie. It is home to the University of Wyoming, Wyoming Technical Institute, and a branch of Laramie County Community College. Laramie Regional Airport serves Laramie. The ruins of Fort Sanders, an army fort predating Laramie, lie just south of the city along Route 287. Located in the Laramie Valley between the Snowy Range and the Laramie Range, the city draws outdoor enthusiasts because of its abundance of outdoor activities.

In 2011, Laramie was named as one of the best cities in which to retire by Money Magazine due to its scenic location, low taxes and educational opportunities.[7]

From 1959 to 1963,

The city and its name became associated with homophobic violence following the murder of Matthew Shepard on October 6, 1998. Shepard, a young gay man, was tied to a fence on the outskirts of Laramie, brutally beaten and left to die. The widely reported crime served as the basis of The Laramie Project, a documentary-style theatre tribute to Shepard and journalism-based exploration, followed by an HBO film and ten-year anniversary production looking at the event's aftermath and impact.[8]

Guess the glammer and glitter of Laramie vs Fargo was too much to pass up. Here is the Wikipedia entry on Laramie.

Laramie is a city in and the county seat of Albany County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 30,816 at the 2010 census.[6] Located on the Laramie River in southeastern Wyoming, the city is west of Cheyenne, at the junction of Interstate 80 and U.S. Route 287.

Laramie was settled in the mid-19th century along the Union Pacific Railroad line, which crosses the Laramie River at Laramie. It is home to the University of Wyoming, Wyoming Technical Institute, and a branch of Laramie County Community College. Laramie Regional Airport serves Laramie. The ruins of Fort Sanders, an army fort predating Laramie, lie just south of the city along Route 287. Located in the Laramie Valley between the Snowy Range and the Laramie Range, the city draws outdoor enthusiasts because of its abundance of outdoor activities.

In 2011, Laramie was named as one of the best cities in which to retire by Money Magazine due to its scenic location, low taxes and educational opportunities.[7]

From 1959 to 1963,

The city and its name became associated with homophobic violence following the murder of Matthew Shepard on October 6, 1998. Shepard, a young gay man, was tied to a fence on the outskirts of Laramie, brutally beaten and left to die. The widely reported crime served as the basis of The Laramie Project, a documentary-style theatre tribute to Shepard and journalism-based exploration, followed by an HBO film and ten-year anniversary production looking at the event's aftermath and impact.[8]

And this has to do with what in this situation?

How about a $1M bump as the reason.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it is. Vigen has almost a decade of D1 experience and even more as a coach. He has way more coaching experience than Bollinger. I didn't know Bollinger had relatives on this forum; so much for objective analysis.

I think Vigen would be a good candidate for a coaching position at UND.

I think more....and also big jumps in funding assistants since that is really vital. I suspect all will follow to WYO.

All? Really? If given a chance I don't see Vigen or Klieman passing up a chance to be the HC there.

All? Really? If given a chance I don't see Vigen or Klieman passing up a chance to be the HC there.

If Klieman can turn Wyomings defense into what he had at FU, the d coordinator job at Wyoming will be a faster track to a FBS head gig. Plus I bet Bohl made sure it will pay better.

I was a little surprised by some of the talk earlier that it would take a Nebraska or K State type job to lure Bohl away from Fargo. Huge salary difference with Wyoming vs. NDSU and even 5 years there would make him a very rich man.

I was one who thought Nebraska would be his choice, but this makes sense. More money, higher class of competition and possible Big 12 move. These guys (coaches) seem to love improving and reaching the apex ibpn your field of competition seems to require a move to try it at the next level. Heck, there's still rumors of Saban gearing to Texas.

I was one who thought Nebraska would be his choice, but this makes sense. More money, higher class of competition and possible Big 12 move. These guys (coaches) seem to love improving and reaching the apex ibpn your field of competition seems to require a move to try it at the next level. Heck, there's still rumors of Saban gearing to Texas.

I guess I find it hard to believe that he was that much in demand that he could wait for Nebraska. Passing up a huge payday like he got to wait for a long shot (in my opinioni) doesn't seem like a smart move. I don't know the answer but how many high profile BCS schools have gone to the FCS level to hire a head coach? Jim Tressel to Ohio State was one.

From http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop :

Wyoming: Sources tell us that Craig Bohl has offered positions at Wyoming to offensive coordinator Brent Vigen, defensive coordinator Chris Klieman, recruiting coordinator (receivers) Kenni Burns, linebackers coach Steve Stanard and offensive line coach Scott Fuchs. We also hear that at this time, Bohl plans to continue to coach his NDSU team through their playoff run.

What do our NDSU posters think of this? As I said yesterday, Gene Taylor seems like a guy that is going to say "don't let the door hit ya".

Given the 'incident' that occurred at Nebraska, I think Bohl is likely to stay away from Lincoln.

I am surprised at all the shock I'm seeing. Raiding programs for coaches happens all the time while the season is still going on - USC hires Sarkisian back from Washington and interim Ed Orgeron quits immediately in protest. Washington promptly plucks Chris Peterson away from Boise State as a replacement. Boise hires Chris Mussman away from UND tomorrow. Ok, just kidding on that last one but you get the idea. I would bet that Boise State gives Eastern Washington or Sam Houston State a call on Monday though.

Sorry, Bison fans...this is how it is done. Still think you can take on the Alabamas and Florida States of the BCS knowing your coach is now going to pull in a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR MORE at small-time U of Wyoming?

I wonder if bohl's step child will be able to leave the state with them. Awkward spot to be in if you are the Dad when your ex wants to move your child out of state.

A previous poster brought this up. Interesting that folks are worried about his step-child but not know how the situation was previously handled with his now ex-wife and his own children. How come that hasn't been brought up?

Given the 'incident' that occurred at Nebraska, I think Bohl is likely to stay away from Lincoln.

I am surprised at all the shock I'm seeing. Raiding programs for coaches happens all the time while the season is still going on - USC hires Sarkisian back from Washington and interim Ed Orgeron quits immediately in protest. Washington promptly plucks Chris Peterson away from Boise State as a replacement. Boise hires Chris Mussman away from UND tomorrow. Ok, just kidding on that last one but you get the idea. I would bet that Boise State gives Eastern Washington or Sam Houston State a call on Monday though.

Sorry, Bison fans...this is how it is done. Still think you can take on the Alabamas and Florida States of the BCS knowing your coach is now going to pull in a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR MORE at small-time U of Wyoming?

Good point on Bohl and his cheerleader fetish in Lincoln. They may not want him back. But, if he wins in Laramie, they may not care.

I know people get mad when I point out that FCS is a sub level. But, if this doesn't drive that point home to the sheep shearers at the University of Agriculture and Applied Science, nothing will. FBS has big, big $$$. FCS can't compete.

Once again, I am happy UND is at the FCS level. The Big Sky Conference is absolutely perfect for UND. Now, let's hire that Montana coach ASAP!