SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MIAMI - NCHC Opener

AZSIOUX

Is it just me - I don't get it???

What is the challenge? If Miami loses, he dresses up in a Sioux jersey, green facepaint and gets shot with paintballs by a member of the University of Miami Paintball team (they have a university paintball team?). That part makes sense - he's betting that Miami wins.

So what if Miami does win? Is he wanting U of Miami students to bet against the Redhawks and bet that UND wins?

Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but this is really dumb. Who at that school would "take this bet" and bet against Miami? Or maybe he wants to bet UND fans? Does he think that UND fans will fly out there if they lose so he can pelt them with paintballs? I must be dense...I just don't get it.

Sports marketing employees trying to justify their existence. We have a new AD who has been cutting jobs in an attempt to get the department out of the red. Wouldn't read much more into it than that.

Super dumb.

I think we've got a huge rivalry brewing after that challenge. And it likely will go down in history as the moment these schools became true rivals.

In other news I'm glad that Stecher plays injured, and Brad is starting to take strolls down memory lane. I remember listening to TH calling the UND-Miami game and how awestruck he was that they gave up a breakaway in the first ten seconds of the game.

Parise was just huge that year for UND. Who ever thought that he was actually a good goalie and not a ploy to get his little brother to stick around....

lol we become rival after the bookstore challenged the Sioux shop??? that is Ludacris

we need to get in a bench clearing brawl to become rivals...we need to whip there azz to become rivals...they need to whip our azz to become rivals

a bookstore isn't going to get us to beomce rivals

Yep...its dumb

To really get a rivalry going we need a good old fashioned sloberknocker.....a waterbottle type hatefull respect brawl.....

A screaming blasi or some sort...

I just dont see it happening all that magically...maybe if pattyn goes frattin on some kid in the corner and a miami guy tries to even it up mcsorley style then clarke goes all nuts and waffle boards the guy in the cage a few times while the redhawk d man jumps the pile to take out simpson but before he gets there rocco monkey jumps the net whilst taking his skate off in mid air to stab the guy.....all while blasi is atop a dasher screaming in a blurred italian american verbal cascade of curses and vengence.....all whilst angry Hak stonely deliveres the death stare to a whimpering assistant miami coach.....

That would fuel a bit of a rivalry...but more likely I see respectfull platitudes before and after a weekend split very proffessioanl and businesslike..

• 3 months later...

I think this series is going to look very different from the series that takes place in feb. this will be an experience series for the boys. I'm not sure this squad is ready yet to take on the big boys out there. I'm hoping for a split.

in the words of MafiaMan, called it...kind of.