SiouxSports.com Forum

Discontinuing the UND Shuttle Service is a HUGE, UNFORGIVABLE MISTAKE

NoiseInsideMyHead

From each according to his ability to each according to his needs...I think I've heard that somewhere before.

How did you make the leap from what I said to what you said? I for one think that it is only fair if everyone that benefits from the addition of a parking ramp contributes something for its construction. We wouldn't want to reward "lazy moochers", would we?

Ok, so The Ralph got ri of its shuttle service. Does it suck, sure!! Many people used this service. But there are other means to get to the game. Of course getting there early to park on one of the side streets is an option, but schedules of people may prevent that. Many people take advantage of taking a shuttle bus from a local restaurant or bar. That has proved to be very popular. Of course that is not ideal for people with kids or anyone that doesn't want to be in that type of atmosphere. So what are other options? There are places that don't have the bar like atmosphere on the shuttle to the game that fans would be comfortable bringing their kids on. One that comes to mind is the Eagles Crest Grill at Kings Walk Golf Course. My parents who are in their 60's have taken that bus to games and found it very good and much quitter than other shuttle in town. Hopefully with the shuttles being cancelled, other businesses will take advantage of this and have "family friendly" shuttles to the games. Not sure how many hotels have shuttles to the game, but that could be an option.

My point is while UND shuttles may be cancelled, their other options for fans to get to the game. Having "family friendly" shuttles from hotels or wherever is something that hopefully becomes more popular and an option.

Ok, so The Ralph got ri of its shuttle service. Does it suck, sure!! Many people used this service. But there are other means to get to the game. Of course getting there early to park on one of the side streets is an option, but schedules of people may prevent that. Many people take advantage of taking a shuttle bus from a local restaurant or bar. That has proved to be very popular. Of course that is not ideal for people with kids or anyone that doesn't want to be in that type of atmosphere. So what are other options? There are places that don't have the bar like atmosphere on the shuttle to the game that fans would be comfortable bringing their kids on. One that comes to mind is the Eagles Crest Grill at Kings Walk Golf Course. My parents who are in their 60's have taken that bus to games and found it very good and much quitter than other shuttle in town. Hopefully with the shuttles being cancelled, other businesses will take advantage of this and have "family friendly" shuttles to the games. Not sure how many hotels have shuttles to the game, but that could be an option.

My point is while UND shuttles may be cancelled, their other options for fans to get to the game. Having "family friendly" shuttles from hotels or wherever is something that hopefully becomes more popular and an option.

Cough, cough ;)

Buses will start running again Nov. 1.

Reward? Is there a reward? I volunteer to be a lazy moocher. I've never used a ramp or the shuttle service. Do I need to to qualify for the reward?

Me neither....guess I didn't know what I was missing.

Glad its back for those that depended on it, won't miss seeing this thread at the top of the hockey conversation.

Crap, I just put it back at the top.... :lol: