SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Don't worry people, the individuals who we are counting on to up the salary of the head coach above $150k apparently drink $1 tequila shots on Tuesday nights. Surely nothing could go wrong.

Is Faison getting his legal advice from Julie Evans? This is getting quite frustrating. I had believed that 30 days was pretty much the absolute maximum this process would take, and even that is far too long compared to virtually any other state.

The fact that she has a law degree from UND tarnishes every degree from the law school. I guess sleeping around can get you places in life though.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone think this could all be a smokescreen by Faison? The next HC could be on that list already and Faison is just hiding what little bit he can until everything is hammered out according to the law. Maybe Faison is sick of the transparency.

I'm holding out hope that this is the case...

If you think more are qualified than Pflu on that list you are nuts IMO

I think are people just as qualified as him. You keep discounting the baggage (real or perceived) that he will come with as well and if you think Faison is going to not take that into account you're crazy. I get your Griz buddies are sold on him but before his semi-final run his last year, there were a lot of fans not sold on him.

Just for the record, I think he's a good candidate, I just think there are other ones as well and won't be all that surprised if he isn't hired.

Exactly what I was saying a couple days ago and got ripped for it. The process is not moving forward - its sitting still, idling in park. Now, 23 days later, he is "considering" doing some phone interviews.

What a joke. This isn't D2 anymore and it isn't bush league NMSU.

He's done quite well with his other hires so if we have to wait for a phenomenal coach that's fine by me.

Don't worry people, the individuals who we are counting on to up the salary of the head coach above $150k apparently drink $1 tequila shots on Tuesday nights. Surely nothing could go wrong.

The fact that she has a law degree from UND tarnishes every degree from the law school. I guess sleeping around can get you places in life though.

Apparently you don't know who owns the Wild Hog...I would think those guys could buy a lot of $1 shots, possibly multiple rounds for the whole city over a couple of weeks before getting worried about the balance in their wholly-owned banks. If they are backing UND on helping with the salary issues, then we are in good company. Just sayin'

I've read up on this Evans lady. What I got from this without it being really a reputable site is that she never has and still doesn't have a liscense to practice law yet she is General counsel for UND? WTF?

Faison said hire by Christmas. Pittsburgh plays there bowl game Dec 21st. Speculation more cash for salary? Timing is everything. Maybe he is waiting for Dec 22nd.

I believe the Little Ceasars Bowl game is Dec. 26. That's what Pitt is playing in. Highly doubt thats what he's waiting on but maybe.

I've read up on this Evans lady. What I got from this without it being really a reputable site is that she never has and still doesn't have a liscense to practice law yet she is General counsel for UND? WTF?

According to my 2013 directory of lawyers and judges from the State Board of Law Examiners, she is licensed. Not that it makes me any more comfortable with her advising Faison, if that indeed is the case.

• Upvote 1

Apparently you don't know who owns the Wild Hog...I would think those guys could buy a lot of $1 shots, possibly multiple rounds for the whole city over a couple of weeks before getting worried about the balance in their wholly-owned banks. If they are backing UND on helping with the salary issues, then we are in good company. Just sayin'

I'm not sure why the owners would be buying shots from their own establishment? If that's the case I hear you but gfhockey's post didn't sound that way.

That's not true. She has been licensed since 1989

I can imagine if NDSU doesn't go internally that they will find some way to break the NDUS hiring rules to get their guy in a fraction of the time UND has...any takers on that bet?

Whoever FU hires is going to have ties to the program. Unfortunately, UND has not had a bunch of guys go into coaching at the college level after they left school. We have also been successful in the past on the field and have not had a real high coaching turnover rate with coaches coming and going. That is going to affect the timeline of the search. I think its more likely the next coach at FU has ties to the program than the bet you have above. I also don't buy the thread started on Bville questioning whether FU is "too good" for some coaches to apply.

In the end- they get a quality coach with ties to the program, we don't necessarily have that luxury unless we hire from SIU and the search may take longer.