SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I've always liked Jamie Marshall's (Montana St. DC) resume. Don't know if he was serious contender in Faison's eyes, but I wonder if the now vacant position at his alma mater Drake will interest him. Obviously he has a desire to be a head coach.

This is one of my fears of the prolonged coaching search... Will qualified candidates withdraw their applications or move on to other coaching opportunities as this process continues to drag out? I trust Faison is sticking to "his plan" but I'd like to see the process expedited somewhat.

I am anxious too, we are approaching a month without a head coach, and not much going on at the football offices. However, I think it is wise to take their time and get the "right" guy, whoever it is.

I found an interesting read over at Egriz this morning. When Joe Glenn left there for Wyoming, they had some interesting candidates apply in 2002. Among them at the time were Brian Kelley who is now at Notre Dame and Chris Peterson who just left Boise St. for Washington. Bobby Hauck got the job, and he is now at UNLV. Pflugrad also applied at that time.

I have no problem with Faison "vetting" the applicants as thoroughly as he sees fit.

What is the complaining about let's hurry up and hire? It seems like there is handful or little more of quality candidates. Hopefully one week or so more wait, turns into a 10 year plus hire. Honestly I can't see us turning it around in one year anyway. I just hope the 1st year of this transition the team plays way hard to the final horn for the next guy.

• Upvote 1

I've always liked Jamie Marshall's (Montana St. DC) resume. Don't know if he was serious contender in Faison's eyes, but I wonder if the now vacant position at his alma mater Drake will interest him. Obviously he has a desire to be a head coach.

Nevermind, Drake already named one of their assistants as the new head coach.

Are they really going to interview nine candidates? The information that Siouxjoy shared earlier in the week would seem to indicate so. This is no way to compete for talent in today's marketplace.

There is no way they will bring in nine candidates. It is possible there may be rather formal phone discussions with them but four at most will visit! I would guess that it will be up to Faison and Kelley which ones they are. That said, Faison's guy might not be one of these!

Well, who wants to take a stab at "The Nine".

Pflugrad, Okruch, DeWitt, Bubba, Marshall, Andrus, Bath, Cummings, Ross....................

I would hope that DeBoer is at least included in "the nine"... He may not have as many "points" as others due to his age & not being in the coaching game as long as some of the others, that's why this HR "point system" is so ridiculous. Hopefully Faison has more control over this...

saw faison on the und extra show...said they "found" more money for the head coach and the assistants but "wasn't easy"

anyone know where this money was found and why it wasnt easy?

If he said it was easy we could all question where it's been the last few years. It could be from the Spirit Campaign, so it would make sense we didn't have it in the past. Or gfhockey's buddies really did pony up.