SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

the job desc. says 150,000 min...if you have better credentials (tibesar) maybe you get 200,000 plus some incentives for winning and attendance??? and he gets to finally put down HEAD COACH down on his resume... so i don't think that we are living in a fantasy land throwing names like his around...

So you think Tibesar, Bollinger or Claeys are willing to take $100K -$400k pay cuts in order to put HC on their resume? For as much as I would like to get one of these guys, I doubt that any of them are going take a 50% pay reduction and relocate their family to take over a struggling D-IAA program just so they can have HC on their resume. It is nice to dream, but this isn't going to happen.

Tracy Claeys is a preposterous. He may have a shot at a power conference job. If you wanted a coach from that staff, maybe you could sniff at Matt Limegrover, the OC. He is the one calling offensive plays. However, realize that how tight knit that group is. If they have been together for so long, they wouldn't just leave for a pay cut and what they think it is a grade A opportunity.

Offensive Coordinator at Houston and Texas A&M is likely to be a different experience than is one year of being a position coach at Pitt..........................

Actually, Brooks now has two years experience as quarterbacks coach. Kingsbury was promoted to co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Houston in his third year of coaching, so at the same point in their respective careers there are some similarities.

That's certainly not to suggest that by his sixth year of coaching, BB will be a head coach of a BCS conference school like Kingsbury managed to do. But I would certainly not be surprised if he's an offensive coordinator or co-offensive coordinator at Pitt within the next couple of years if he isn't hired at UND.

I am not concerned about the new head coaching salary, Faison will pay what he needs to go get the right guy here. What I am wondering about is improving the salary pool for assistant coaches. I'm sure that a new head coach will negotiate that as well, but it is something that definitely needs to be addressed.

• Upvote 2

Actually, Brooks now has two years experience as quarterbacks coach. Kingsbury was promoted to co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Houston in his third year of coaching, so at the same point in their respective careers there are some similarities.

That's certainly not to suggest that by his sixth year of coaching, BB will be a head coach of a BCS conference school like Kingsbury managed to do. But I would certainly not be surprised if he's an offensive coordinator or co-offensive coordinator at Pitt within the next couple of years if he isn't hired at UND.

I'm getting on the Bollinger bandwagon, as his leadership abilities are proven (see Pitt QB Sunseri ) and now is likely the only window of opportunity. I still like Nielson as HC smoothing the way for the AD spot , with Bollinger OC and then assoc and HC. It could be quite the leadership team at UND for a long time.

I'm getting on the Bollinger bandwagon, as his leadership abilities are proven (see Pitt QB Sunseri ) and now is likely the only window of opportunity. I still like Nielson as HC smoothing the way for the AD spot , with Bollinger OC and then assoc and HC. It could be quite the leadership team at UND for a long time.

Is Faison near retirement? Looking to move on elsewhere?

All Joking aside… I know there are a couple of former Players on this board and will appreciate this.

I got a call from Mark Kauk the day Muss was let go and he is honestly and genuinely very worried about being able to go on the field still during games…

I am not here to say weather or not he should be able to… Just that it made me feel a little sad hearing it…

All Joking aside… I know there are a couple of former Players on this board and will appreciate this.

I got a call from Mark Kauk the day Muss was let go and he is honestly and genuinely very worried about being able to go on the field still during games…

I am not here to say weather or not he should be able to… Just that it made me feel a little sad hearing it…

I know the players always look forward to seeing him there. It doesn't feel right if he's not.

Wonder if anyone from Rod Carey's NIU staff would have interest?

Might be a couple of good candidates...

http://www.niuhuskie...ann_739809.html - Jay Niemann, DC at NIU. Past FCS experience as DC at Drake & Northern Iowa. Head Coach at D3 Simpson in Iowa.

http://www.niuhuskie...ole_739850.html - Bob Cole, OC at NIU. Past FCS/Big Sky experience as OC at Portland St & Montana. Also OC at Utah State & Wyoming.

Just a thought....

Wonder if anyone from Rod Carey's NIU staff would have interest?

Might be a couple of good candidates...

http://www.niuhuskie...ann_739809.html - Jay Niemann, DC at NIU. Past FCS experience as DC at Drake & Northern Iowa. Head Coach at D3 Simpson in Iowa.

http://www.niuhuskie...ole_739850.html - Bob Cole, OC at NIU. Past FCS/Big Sky experience as OC at Portland St & Montana. Also OC at Utah State & Wyoming.

Just a thought....

Nothing on Landry?!?!?

I know this is getting to be quite redundant and a bit unnecessary, but I just couldn't help but post this bio.

http://www.msusparta...sel_282841.html

LB coach and special teams coordinator for Michigan State, a program that I have absolutely loved of late - they run the ball and play physical defense. Also, Mr. Tressel was born in St. Paul and his uncle is Jim Tressel, former Ohio State head coach. He also was graduate assistant at South Dakota from 1996 to 1997, so he definitely has heard of North Dakota football.

Although the chance this particular individual is hired is very very slim, I think individuals like this exemplify the type of quality FBS position coaches that are out there and may be looking for an FCS head coaching job. I think there is a very good chance Faison uses his DI connections to hire an FBS position coach with quality experience and leadership/recruiting skills.