SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I find it very interesting that Tibisar is the only potential candidate that fulfills all three of the preferred qualifications on the application...D1 head coach or coordinator; played/coached in NFL; CFL coaching experience...why is CFL even mentioned?

It is interesting. Just a coincidence? That would be fantastic if Tibisar was hired.

I find it very interesting that Tibisar is the only potential candidate that fulfills all three of the preferred qualifications on the application...D1 head coach or coordinator; played/coached in NFL; CFL coaching experience...why is CFL even mentioned?

I would assume it is listed as an alternative for NFL experience.

Minus the off-the-field issues, please.

I'm all for expanding our recruiting base to the likes of tx,fl,ca,oh.... but with that will come some of these off the field issues as well as you're bringing in a different kind of player from different backgrounds. you take the good, you take the bad and two in a row is what you have. those on here who have cried for public executions of these players and bohl, will you still be as righteous if some of those issues creep up here and the succuss is there?

The link didn't show anything

ESPN writers named Bollinger as Pitt's top assistant.

Pitt -- Brooks Bollinger, quarterbacks. The first-year college coach stands out here for his work with fifth-year Panthers quarterback Tino Sunseri, who came into the season much-maligned and didn't do much in the first two weeks to convince anyone things would change. Since then? Pitt is 6-4, with Sunseri's only other pick coming in a Week 3 rout of Virginia Tech. He has gone 270 passes without another interception, the nation's longest active streak, and he has 19 touchdowns and just two picks on the season. The Panthers are tied for the nation lead in fewest turnovers, with just eight, and Sunseri looks much more comfortable back running a pro-style attack.

well there you go maybe he should go coach high school football then.

You do understand that part of the recruiting process and building a rapport with a HS is the high school coach right? Whether any of us like it or not, they have BIG influence in a kids decision.

The only reason I mention it is because it would appear that you don't understand it. You'll have to forgive me if I've read into it incorrectly.

I love Brooks and would love to see him come to UND, but as a OC. Using Richard Petino is a poor example. Richard Petino was a head coach that had succuss, not a position coach with 2 years of experience. I am sure that Brooks would do a incredible job recruiting, but for him to take over a entire program, hire a new staff, recruit and sign players all within the next 60-80 days and without any experience? I am all about a getting someone on the way up, but this might be a bit more than he is ready for at this point in his coaching career.

Honestly, Brooks does intrigue me and I wouldn't be upset under one condition. I would want him to bring in a d coordinator that plays a physical, aggressive style of defense. I would also prefer that said coach would have previous head coaching experience to help with the inevitable bumps in the road that Brooks would face as a first time head coach.

Honestly, Brooks does intrigue me and I wouldn't be upset under one condition. I would want him to bring in a d coordinator that plays a physical, aggressive style of defense. I would also prefer that said coach would have previous head coaching experience to help with the inevitable bumps in the road that Brooks would face as a first time head coach.

Well, there you go! Brooks and Bubba.

I am so sick of hearing about all these people just because they have a UND connection. I mean there is page after page talking about a guy with no Coordinator experience even, let alone head coaching experience. One of the most important aspects of being a Head Coach is attracting talented assistants, and there is no way someone with that little of experience would be able to do that,

Chris Mussman made less than $120k in base salary and the minimum salary online for the new head coach is $150k, that is a large increase and raised my eyebrow a bit. I don't want anyone from lower than D2, and I don't want anyone without multiple years of Coordinating or head coaching experience. I think we should be focusing at top defensive coordinators from around the country on the FCS level. I would love if it was from the south too as that would open up a lot of resources in untapped parts of the country for recruiting for us.

We need someone who can motivate, attract talented coaches, and win immediately. IMHO that is why we are seeing the salary increase as UND realizes this as well.

I am so sick of hearing about all these people just because they have a UND connection. I mean there is page after page talking about a guy with no Coordinator experience even, let alone head coaching experience. One of the most important aspects of being a Head Coach is attracting talented assistants, and there is no way someone with that little of experience would be able to do that,

Chris Mussman made less than $120k in base salary and the minimum salary online for the new head coach is $150k, that is a large increase and raised my eyebrow a bit. I don't want anyone from lower than D2, and I don't want anyone without multiple years of Coordinating or head coaching experience. I think we should be focusing at top defensive coordinators from around the country on the FCS level. I would love if it was from the south too as that would open up a lot of resources in untapped parts of the country for recruiting for us.

We need someone who can motivate, attract talented coaches, and win immediately. IMHO that is why we are seeing the salary increase as UND realizes this as well.

If we want a coach like you are describing, you need to pony up more than $150k. I do NOT believe bring in a coach from the south with help you bring in recruits from that area. When you consider that most the the MIAC coaches are making $90k at a D-III school, why would a OC/DC from a FCS school take a HC job in GF for $150k? Do you honestly believe they would be willing to move to the frozen tundra of ND to make $20k more? Hell, some of the high school coaches in the south make 6 figures.

Have no idea how credible this is, but a UNI fan over at ChampionshipSubdivision.com is saying that Chris Klieman is interviewing for the job as soon as is convenient. Apparently his wife is from Grand Forks, and has family there.............................

Would love love love this!!!! Coordinator of the year with a winners pedigree on the defensive side of ball. Love it

If we want a coach like you are describing, you need to pony up more than $150k. I do NOT believe bring in a coach from the south with help you bring in recruits from that area. When you consider that most the the MIAC coaches are making $90k at a D-III school, why would a OC/DC from a FCS school take a HC job in GF for $150k? Do you honestly believe they would be willing to move to the frozen tundra of ND to make $20k more? Hell, some of the high school coaches in the south make 6 figures.

I don't want to gloat but not only may I be right, but it would be NDSU's coordinator. Would be a great coach

Have no idea how credible this is, but a UNI fan over at ChampionshipSubdivision.com is saying that Chris Klieman is interviewing for the job as soon as is convenient. Apparently his wife is from Grand Forks, and has family there.............................

It makes sense. I think most have assumed that the reason he wouldn't be a candidate is the expected departure of Bohl, and that he would be a logical successor in Fargo. But if Bohl isn't leaving, or is very unsure whether he's leaving, or if he's been informed that Vigen would get the nod anyway, that could change everything.

It makes sense. I think most have assumed that the reason he wouldn't be a candidate is the expected departure of Bohl, and that he would be a logical successor in Fargo. But if Bohl isn't leaving, or is very unsure whether he's leaving, or if he's been informed that Vigen would get the nod anyway, that could change everything.

You think they'd choose him over Vigen? Talk about an NDSU guy through and through.