SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I acknowledge that experience will be BB's biggest downfall on the resume, and rightfully so. I just think he can overcome it and do it early and surround himself with a good staff. His leadership qualities are innate.

Also, sending Brooks into ND, MN and WI living rooms for recruiting - Who would be better in terms of name recognition in all 3 states? I'll save the reasons for each state.

How long til we know a list of applicants or interviewees?

I think you kinda-sorta-maybe need a position posted on the UND employment opportunities site first to get that list. ;)

The good news is that the position is open is on the national news wires. Candidates will know to start looking for the posting.

I acknowledge that experience will be BB's biggest downfall on the resume, and rightfully so. I just think he can overcome it and do it early and surround himself with a good staff. His leadership qualities are innate.

Also, sending Brooks into ND, MN and WI living rooms for recruiting - Who would be better in terms of name recognition in all 3 states? I'll save the reasons for each state.

Would Bollinger be willing to come here as an OC if the opportunity arises in your opinion?

• Upvote 1

@waynenelsongf

Also, per Tom Miller, it will all come from private money, and if he gets another coach job it will be reduced further.

I can't wait to hear the revisionist history on this....

Also, speculation by Wayne Nelson is that new coach will be hired sometime in December. His twitter (@WayneNelsonGF) has a pretty good break down of their talk with Faison.

I'm not anti-Caruso, but is he not an FCS coach right now out of choice, or has nobody seriously looked at him?

I believe it is the latter.

RB's coach to OC at NDSU

OC at USD when the were averaging like 500+ yds 40+ pts (and gave UND fits)

HC at Macalaster (Came to UND and learned 3-4 from Tibesar)

HC at UST (Hired Digger and Holinka as assistants and ran 3-4 scheme)

-His record was already posted (.800+winning percentage) and went 8-2 this year even though his 1st and 2nd strings QBs went down with injuries

I think he is an up-and-comer. Not saying he should be the hire but he should be on a short-list. Coached extensively in this area and has experience as a successful HC

Edit: He was a center in college (I believe made DIII All-American). Has consistently had a Center at UST that has won the DIII "Best Center" award. He coaches from the line out.

• Upvote 2

Per @DomIzzoWDAY, Faison said he will not use a search firm for next coach. I like that. He says he wants to hire someone asap, but has to go through University procedures. From outward appearances at least, it sounds like he has a plan and knows what he's doing.

What are University procedures?

I think if a coach can take a DII team and in back to back years beat Northern Iowa and destroy Southern Utah he should be looked at. Lennon/Bubba resurrecting UND to the top.

This isn't going to happen, not sure why you are so hung up on it.

Have to follow state hiring guidelines. Position has to be publicly posted for set amount of time (can't remember off the top of my head), etc.

I'm not an expert in this area and could easily be wrong, but I there are certain posting requirements. I think it might even have to be posted internally for a certain period of time before UND can post it externally (even though there are no internal candidates in this particular case). But that doesn't mean Faison can't talk to people during the posting process and hopefully he'll get everything lined up so that he can pull the trigger on the hiring as soon as he can.