SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

They should have drug tested Rodgers after how "Happy" he was at the end of the game

He was sure out of character

He was "Happy" because the offense and the team in general didn't play like ____ as they did 8 out of the previous 10 weeks!

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

He was "Happy" because the offense and the team in general didn't play like ____ as they did 8 out of the previous 10 weeks!

He's quirky, with a weird sense of humor.  I'd take him as my QB any day of the week.  He's twice the quarterback Favre ever was.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/11/2016 at 7:06 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Speaking of Waynes, that guy is going to be a phenomenal CB in this league for a long time. He and Xavier Rhodes should be a solid 1-2 punch for us next year and beyond.

Every dog has his day and our time will come!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Trey Waynes is a terrible CB for a 1st rounder and everyone knew it going into the draft. He needs at least 3 years of development before he becomes elite and that isn't what you expect out of a 1st rounder. What happen to Rhodes this year, it seems like he took a step backward in his development?

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

He's quirky, with a weird sense of humor.  I'd take him as my QB any day of the week.  He's twice the quarterback Favre ever was.  

I wouldn't go that far. Personality wise, yes he is twice the person Favre is/was. Talent wise, I think I would still take Favre over Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxkid12 said:

Trey Waynes is a terrible CB for a 1st rounder and everyone knew it going into the draft. He needs at least 3 years of development before he becomes elite and that isn't what you expect out of a 1st rounder. What happen to Rhodes this year, it seems like he took a step backward in his development?

You must have missed how good he was in coverage on Sunday. And he got us that Interception that stopped a drive. He played mainly special teams this year, but he has all the physical tools to be great. And aside from the terrible PI penalty, Rhodes looked pretty good on Sunday too. The defense is the least of our concerns right now.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You must have missed how good he was in coverage on Sunday. And he got us that Interception that stopped a drive. He played mainly special teams this year, but he has all the physical tools to be great. And aside from the terrible PI penalty, Rhodes looked pretty good on Sunday too. The defense is the least of our concerns right now.

You can't take the ONE game as an overall body of work, you have to take their whole season of work. Waynes coverage was average on Sunday and I wouldn't brag up that interception too much as it was tipped and basically handed to him. I am just saying, for a first round talent, he should've done/been more on the field.

You are correct though, the defense is young and should be fine for the next few years but the Vikes need to put more help around Teddy than an aging AP and a medicore WR core. 

Just now, siouxkid12 said:

You can't take the ONE game as an overall body of work, you have to take their whole season of work. Waynes coverage was average on Sunday and I wouldn't brag up that interception too much as it was tipped and basically handed to him. I am just saying, for a first round talent, he should've done/been more on the field.

You are correct though, the defense is young and should be fine for the next few years but the Vikes need to put more help around Teddy than an aging AP and a medicore WR core. 

I do not think Rhodes would be starting if he was "average"; Zimmer is pretty tough on DBs since he was one. And CB is one of the tougher positions to grasp at the NFL level, the difference in speed and agility from college to the professionals is pretty big. Waynes will get there.

And yes, the offense is what needs upgrading now. The 2016 draft will be crucial in doing this.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

I do not think Rhodes would be starting if he was "average"; Zimmer is pretty tough on DBs since he was one. And CB is one of the tougher positions to grasp at the NFL level, the difference in speed and agility from college to the professionals is pretty big. Waynes will get there.

And yes, the offense is what needs upgrading now. The 2016 draft will be crucial in doing this.

Waynes only started 1 game this year....

1 minute ago, siouxkid12 said:

Well, like I said, CB is a tough position to learn at the NFL level where you have to cover guys like Calvin Johnson. It took Rhodes a couple of years to get on the field full time and it will take Waynes a couple of years as well. That is how the Vikings are building this team, through the draft, one piece at a time. Unlike 1998 and 2009, this team is being built for long-term success. That is something we haven't really had since the 1970's.

15 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I think that was more to do with Terrance Newman playing much better than they expected for most of the season. They were able to bring Waynes along slowly because Newman was so good for most of the season but I thought they were better off towards the end of the season when Waynes was in rather than Newman. I liked the pick of Waynes at 11 and I still like him and think he will have a very nice career in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I wouldn't go that far. Personality wise, yes he is twice the person Favre is/was. Talent wise, I think I would still take Favre over Rodgers.

Favre had more bonehead plays in one season than Rodgers has had in eight.  This isn't Detroit, man....this is the SUPER BOWL! 

12 hours ago, Fetch said:

u can never have enough good Defensive players

Yeah, depth is important in football. But this year's draft must focus on offense (O-Line and WRs). Of course, if a stud defensive player happens to fall to us, we better take him (I am still ticked off about not taking Warren Sapp back in 1994).

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yeah, depth is important in football. But this year's draft must focus on offense (O-Line and WRs). Of course, if a stud defensive player happens to fall to us, we better take him (I am still ticked off about not taking Warren Sapp back in 1994).

I agree on OL Kalil is a zombie out there 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, Oxbow6 said:

No offense but fans need to get over "winning" a division in the NFL.  Granted one can buy a cool t-shirt to celebrate the division championship but getting in the playoffs is all that matters. Now winning a division to secure a first round bye is a plus.  How many division winners won this past weekend?

12548990_876878689100539_198726291382304