SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Valpo

GeauxSioux

What's your opening play? I hope they try and turn the building on with a heave to Hardin to or run go, go Golliday

If the year was 1995 and RT was still at the helm, I would say run up the middle!! :)

But since it is 2013, I predict play action...deep to one of our stud wide outs...TOUCHDOWN!!!

• Upvote 1

I think UND comes out and establishes the run early. Lots of 21 personnel groups. I think they want their new and young FBs and TEs to get some good work and try get comfy in the run game heading into the SDSU week. I could also see them spreading them out and running the ball out of some 1-back stuff.

They very well could throw one up early in the 1st 2 plays, but I see the theme being establishing a running game early on and giving Bartels some easy reads and intermediate throws to gain confidence. I think Valpo will be coached up and ready for the deep throw early.

Can't wait.

I think that in looking ahead to SDSU we would want to fine tune the passing game moreso than the running game. We will need to put up alot of points early on SDSU to take their run game away.

• Upvote 1

I think that in looking ahead to SDSU we would want to fine tune the passing game moreso than the running game. We will need to put up alot of points early on SDSU to take their run game away.

Balance is the key to keeping a good defense off balance. We need to be able to run and pass against them to keep them honest. They're too good to be one dimensional against. But I do agree that our big advantage over them will be our WR, the likes of which they don't see in their run oriented conference.

6,000 posts...of which, probably 5,975 are in the hockey section. Following anything Fighting Sioux in MSP is about like seeking out fellow Viking fans when you live across the street from Lambeau Field. Like I said, I ventured here for information because I don't follow Sioux, er, North Dakota football and was browsing this forum.

It's not any harder to follow UND football from the Twin Cities than UND hockey. In fact, given the sub-par NCHC TV deal, you could argue that in terms of watching the games, following UND football is now actually easier than following UND hockey. Big Sky TV is a remarkable asset for following UND football.