SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Valpo

GeauxSioux

UND- 62

Valpo- 10

I want to see the offense have no turnovers and play a clean football game. Have to control the ball this year.

On defense I want to see us get pressure only sending 4 guys and create some turnovers. Coach Kotelnicki has said that has been the focus since spring and it needs to start on Thursday night. I don't remember any turnovers last season against SD Mines and that carried out throughout the season. Also, the tackling this week will hopefully be improved from what we saw last year.

Special teams- A couple blocked kicks.

Attendance 9800 (1,000 more than last years season opener)

My attendance prediction for the game will be

It's name the score. Valpo will have the combination of no pass rush with no one that can cover the UND receiving corps. To me, develop timing between Bartels and the receivers, and make a statement with the run game. Show them the O and D line are the physically superior groups that they are.

If the Sioux dominate the game the way they should, how far into the game to Bartels play? Half, before they switch to Mollberg?

The goal should be to give Jake Hanson a couple of series at the end. Gotta give Bartels a half and if up big hand it over to Mollberg until it's Hanson time.

The goal should be to give Jake Hanson a couple of series at the end. Gotta give Bartels a half and if up big hand it over to Mollberg until it's Hanson time.

Is Hanson supposed to be a pretty big part of the future? Bummer to see that Riddle transfered out of UND, I though he was supposed to be pretty good.

Is Hanson supposed to be a pretty big part of the future? Bummer to see that Riddle transfered out of UND, I though he was supposed to be pretty good.

Not really but he's a local guy and a good team guy so the coaches will look to get him in when they can.

I also thought Riddle was gonna be very good. His heart was back home though. Can't blame him since he at least gave it a shot.

Yeah, I just realized that was the Grafton kid. Good, hope he gets some playing time then.

Yeah, I'm sure it didn't help that there is alot of talent ahead of him. He probably wouldn't get a strong chance to play until he was a senior, with Bartels and Mollberg ahead of him ... and who knows who else they bring in to compete in the next few years.