SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-14 Season

UND Fan

Have heard he is still dealing with the concussion issues from last year, may be serious. Hopefully he can play but it's not sounding too good. This would be a huge loss.

Without Brekke this could change our season. He is the only proven post player we have. If this happens then who steps up and fills this role? Anybody here the results of the scrimmage last night against Minot?

I know NDSU is our rival but which game are you looking forward to that has the most impact on the season? Even though Montana won it last season I can't wait for the Weber St game. UND has a score to settle with them and I can't wait to see us knock them down.

I know NDSU is our rival but which game are you looking forward to that has the most impact on the season? Even though Montana won it last season I can't wait for the Weber St game. UND has a score to settle with them and I can't wait to see us knock them down.

As far as home games go, NDSU is a must see/attend. However, the Montana and Weber State games should be big also. Could just as well throw in South Dakota State also.

As far as home games go, NDSU is a must see/attend. However, the Montana and Weber State games should be big also. Could just as well throw in South Dakota State also.

They even sell a package to attend all 4! :) But yeah, those are the best 4 games.

The OOC schedule isn't all that great with only 4 homes games and two of them against lower level opponents (NDSU and SDSU are the other two). Looking forward, UNO owes UND a return game from Bracketbusters last year and there is a connection with Denver, so wouldn't be surprised to see them on the schedule in the future. Though I know it is tough to do, it would be nice to see some non-Summit teams on the schedule a few more more home OOC games.

Beating Butler on Fox Sports 1 would be a huge boost to this team.

Between Butler, Wisconsin, and Oregon probably the only real shot at a win would be Butler and that would be a big upset. Our non-conference schedule is extremely difficult this year but with this team I believe we can keep a lot of these games close.

Between Butler, Wisconsin, and Oregon probably the only real shot at a win would be Butler and that would be a big upset. Our non-conference schedule is extremely difficult this year but with this team I believe we can keep a lot of these games close.

Didn't the Bison beat Oregon last year?

God I hope you are wrong, but if you are right that is not good. Out of all the people in our frontcourt he is the most trustworthy. Nash, Calcaterra, Salmonson and Traylor would need to grow up fast and have to step up in a big time way.

Jones said today that Brekke is going into the doctor again tomorrow for a checkup, but it is an "ongoing process." He said obviously they won't allow him to compete before he is completely healthy, but didn't really sound like they had any type of timetable at all. I think they don't really have a good idea or feel for things right now.

He mentioned that last year Brekke got hurt, missed a bunch of games, came back, got hit again and missed some more games, and how it was tough for them to try to plan out their rotation. Sounds like they just want to avoid any uncertainty and wait until they aren't worried that any little hit with make things flare up again.

Jones said today that Brekke is going into the doctor again tomorrow for a checkup, but it is an "ongoing process." He said obviously they won't allow him to compete before he is completely healthy, but didn't really sound like they had any type of timetable at all. I think they don't really have a good idea or feel for things right now.

He mentioned that last year Brekke got hurt, missed a bunch of games, came back, got hit again and missed some more games, and how it was tough for them to try to plan out their rotation. Sounds like they just want to avoid any uncertainty and wait until they aren't worried that any little hit with make things flare up again.

Bad news. Brekke will not be playing from what I have heard. Not the way to start a season with such high hopes. It will no doubt leave a huge void at the post, so someone else will need to step up big time. I would think now Traylor will need to move over to the post to give us some experience cause from his successful limited action last year he could fill some of the void immediately while the others try and figure things out. Our lineup might look like Webb, Anderson, Huff, Nash and Traylor starting with Schuler first off the bench at either the 2,3 or 4 with Antwi in the mix at the 1 or 2 and Benton in the mix at the 3 or 4. Then you've got Salmonson and Calcatterra mixing things up at the 5 off the bench. This is based on Hooker red-shirting and Stefan not getting the waiver.

Bad news. Brekke will not be playing from what I have heard. Not the way to start a season with such high hopes. It will no doubt leave a huge void at the post, so someone else will need to step up big time. I would think now Traylor will need to move over to the post to give us some experience cause from his successful limited action last year he could fill some of the void immediately while the others try and figure things out. Our lineup might look like Webb, Anderson, Huff, Nash and Traylor starting with Schuler first off the bench at either the 2,3 or 4 with Antwi in the mix at the 1 or 2 and Benton in the mix at the 3 or 4. Then you've got Salmonson and Calcatterra mixing things up at the 5 off the bench. This is based on Hooker red-shirting and Stefan not getting the waiver.

Is this a season ender already or just out for an unspecified amount of time?

Career ending. Don't know the prognosis or why, just what I heard.. Maybe medical redshirt in hopes of next year, not sure.

Not sure he'd be eligible for one. Regardless, terrible news. Would love to have him back and throw a few dunks down on NDSU as a little payback (even though it was definitely an inadvertent elbow by Bjorklund). Would be a good match-up between those two.

Heard from a good source that Hooker has been playing a lot better in practice as of late, and the coaching staff is considering pulling his redshirt this year. Still not sure if it will happen, but he's been impressing lately.

The UND sports zone video today stated that Hooker was likely NOT to redshirt.