SiouxSports.com Forum

Dacotah Legacy Collection

jdub27

A whopping 100 shirts? Talk about limiting supply and demand...

I could make 100 of those shirts and sell them all on Ebay in about 15 minutes...

Doubt they had any plans of making money on it, though they likely could especially in a few years when there aren't still stores that have Fighting Sioux gear still in stock. They are doing the bare minimum to keep the trademark active as they have to per terms of the settlement. Not sure I agree with the strategy but I understand it.

Doubt they had any plans of making money on it, though they likely could especially in a few years when there aren't still stores that have Fighting Sioux gear still in stock. They are doing the bare minimum to keep the trademark active as they have to per terms of the settlement. Not sure I agree with the strategy but I understand it.

Bare minimum is right. Probably a minimum order of 100...wouldn't want to actually have 10,000 people running around Grand Forks wearing retro Sioux stuff, right?

• Upvote 1

Not serious, but it has always been a pet peeve of mine when Dakota is spelled a different way, or for that matter, when any word is spelled differently to make it seem cooler. See: trendy restaurants and stores for an example.

So, which is the correct spelling? And who decides what is the correct way? https://www.google.com/search?q=dakota+or+dacotah&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Here's another example: sakakawea or sacajawea or sacagawea - Google Search : https://www.google.com/search?q=sakakawea+or+sacajawea+or+sacagawea&hl=en-US&espv=1&biw=1024&bih=672&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=W34WUre2Hci92gWSrYHYAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA

ncaa sucks - YES THEY DO BUNCH OF HYPOCRITS - AS LONG AS THEY MAKE A BUCK THEY WILL ALLOW THIS - THEY WILL NEVER GET A PENNY FROM ME UNLESS IT IS INDIRECTLY SO I CAN SEE THE SIOUX PLAY - I HOPE THE DAY COMES THAT THEY !@$! IN THEIR OWN NEST & IT BREAKS UP THEIR MONOPOLY

Happened to walk into the Sioux Shop today 5 minutes after someone returned one of the shirts in my size. Pure dumb luck but I got the last one for sale in town!

Did you immediately run to the gas station afterward and pick up a lottery ticket?

• 2 years later...
On 8/22/2013 at 9:37 AM, Let'sGoHawks! said:

NCAA: You must get rid of this evil logo and nickname or you are done for.

UND: Ok

NCAA: However, please periodically use this evil logo and nickname on university sanctioned athletic wear so that others may not use it in the future.

UND: Ok?

Right.  You have to be a UND apologist or even a downright toadie to believe that this is how it went down.

• Upvote 1