SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

39 minutes ago, tnt said:

There is a sign that says something to the effect of Target construction deliveries in the back, but I don't know if they are just using the space while they do the renovation to their store, or if they plan to expand into that space as well. 

I heard that Target was told they cant use the space any more as there was another business going in there.  That is why they have all those storage containers outside.  Might just be a rumor that is why I was curious.  

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

"An Ulta Beauty shop is coming to the Target shopping complex between Famous Footwear and Amy's Hallmark Shop on 32nd Avenue South in Grand Forks."

I knew that was going there.  I was talking about the old Gordman's spot.  I dont believe it is Target.  They were just using it until their remodel was complete.  Now they are being kicked out from what I heard.  

• Upvote 1

1) We can't build factories and plants anymore cause they need to use electricity and heat. They didn't protest the expansion of Simplot.

2) Am I suppose to think this is a small group of concerned citizens or something bigger going on to have the money to pay for a billboard? 

20220503_115609.jpg

Grand Forks based Minnkota Power (MPC) is dealing head-on with the "threat" on that billboard at their Young 1 and 2 power station. It's called https://www.projecttundrand.com/ and is carbon capture. A similar group is against Tundra. 

MPC just made a deal with Summit Carbon Solutions to take CO2 off of ... corn plants ... and store it in the same wells that Tundra would use. 

55 minutes ago, Cratter said:

1) We can't build factories and plants anymore cause they need to use electricity and heat. They didn't protest the expansion of Simplot.

2) Am I suppose to think this is a small group of concerned citizens or something bigger going on to have the money to pay for a billboard? 

20220503_115609.jpg

follow the money

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I mean, isn't this true for basically everything? 

it's x-files code for "things are what they seem to be" and what cratter meant is why is this plant such a big deal to these people...it's gonna get built somewhere...why not here? and who benefits from it NOT being built here?

if only the heraldo would do some actual reporting.... (there is always neil carlson tho)

On 5/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, Cratter said:

20220503_115609.jpg

I guess people need to starve to save the planet from climate change!

On 3/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, Cratter said:

It's OK for the government to do stuff.

To help advance society.

"Why didn't a private company build roads."

Here's a little known secret: The government even helped pay to spread electricity! 

WBI just canceled their plans to build a pipeline from the Bakken to eastern ND and did not even submit a bid to the state to get the 150 million. Too risky for WBI to invest in a new pipeline. Viking gas was the only company to submit a bid so I guess they will get the 150 million……

16 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Previous Managing Director was making about $80K.
I don't know if it still the case, but previously the entire budget for the Office of Recovery Reinvented is funded through in-kind donations, including the Director's salary and not general funds from the state.

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is awesome! Youth baseball could really use some help around here. My son is in Cal Ripken bb. They set foot on a real baseball field for the first time this season just yesterday. Because of the weather, they'd been practicing in Gambucci all spring. GF baseball is way behind other cities because we don't have any indoor baseball facilities. 

Big shout out to Coach Dunphy for getting the ball rolling on these upgrades!

17 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just curious how much of my tax money goes to a guy telling me not to drink too much alcohol (when he sells alcohol).....

Funny how that works, openly promotes alcohol but not in excess, apparently.  Fine line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

https://journalrecord.com/2022/05/04/n-d-company-scrubs-plans-for-trans-state-natural-gas-pipeline/

wasn’t the mayor banking in this to help fufeng out? 

off to a rough start

11 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

WBI just canceled their plans to build a pipeline from the Bakken to eastern ND and did not even submit a bid to the state to get the 150 million. Too risky for WBI to invest in a new pipeline. Viking gas was the only company to submit a bid so I guess they will get the 150 million……

Try to build a pipeline anywhere, even one that doesn't cross a state line.