SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Ok, you killed the future UND-ndsu game thread.  Now please move on to nuking the aforementioned posters.

I don't get that. Now all the UND-NDSU talk will either be started in a new thread or move into other threads. They should just have either a separate forum for NDSU or they should have just leaved that thread be.

If you scroll back up, most of the comments are asking for us to be more aggressive about removing people who are just here to taunt UND fans, not give them a sanctioned playground.

I am one member that does not want to see a smack forum. 

Thank you for all you do, Jim!  It is greatly appreciated, even if it isn't widely heralded.  :)

Jim... Any of you folks that run these boards do a lot of hard work. I just think the reality is that "smack" is always here.... Whether in a designated forum or not. If it is contained somewhat then it is easier to ignore it and not read it. But... I understand trying to keep it off completely. I am just not sure it is possible. And... The smack certainly seems to be coming from both sides.

I tend to ignore the real trolls - most of the stuff here is sarcastic ribbing & done in fun or to get a response - many are too serious & actually think their words should be considered facts

If u can't take - dont give & know when to quit - it's only the internet

If that's what a notable majority of the community wanted, we'd certainly consider it, but most of the demand I've heard for such comes from Bison fans.

If you scroll back up, most of the comments are asking for us to be more aggressive about removing people who are just here to taunt UND fans, not give them a sanctioned playground.

And yet, even with the calls to be more aggressive to removing people here solely to taunt, very few are actually removed because UND fans deal with them directly. 

Face it, to get banned here you have to be pretty far along the "jackwagon" curve. 

• Upvote 1

Reading this forum post today, this thread gave me my biggest chuckle of the day. That being said, I think Sioux Sports has and is a much better board than Belligerentville aka Bisonsville.  I think it's much more cordial on Sioux Sports than the aforementioned message board, I think that the Mods for the most part do a pretty good job. Maybe it's me, but there seems to be more miscreants and malcontents on Bisonsville. 

• Upvote 1

Reading this forum post today, this thread gave me my biggest chuckle of the day. That being said, I think Sioux Sports has and is a much better board than Belligerentville aka Bisonsville. I think it's much more cordial on Sioux Sports than the aforementioned message board, I think that the Mods for the most part do a pretty good job. Maybe it's me, but there seems to be more miscreants and malcontents on Bisonsville.

It's because there are what maybe 4 or 5 UND fans that post on BV so it's pretty hard to start smack talk if everyone agrees, and there are no UND fans to interject now over here we smack on the Bison and they come running over here pitchforks and all.

Miscreant is my new favorite word!

I like it too.

miskrēənt/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who behaves badly or in a way that breaks the law.
    synonyms: criminalculpritwrongdoermalefactoroffendervillainlawbreaker,evildoerdelinquenthoodlumreprobate
    malfeasant
    "the South Street playground has been taken over by a pack of drug-dealing miscreants"

Come one. At least three unprovocated posts by The Phoenix in the Missouri State thread. It's so obvious trolling if that isn't it I don't know what it?! It's stuff like that that doesn't make this place enjoyable for the others.

It was obvious trolling, but it was also fun to watch him get ignored...continually.  That I think was better punishment to him/her than anything the mods would have done.

Come one. At least three unprovocated posts by The Phoenix in the Missouri State thread. It's so obvious trolling if that isn't it I don't know what it?! It's stuff like that that doesn't make this place enjoyable for the others.

The  Phoenix is TheSoCalledFan on Bisonville.  He posted nearly identical posts there, and he state he was in DC in both forums.