SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

Sioux-cia

Have seen Yale play just 3 games this year...the last 3. They play to "win" and not to "lose". All 3 opponents they played played not to lose IMO...how did that work out?

Obviously the dump chase cycle has run it's course in college hockey if anyone has really watched the last couple years.

yep and I think I was the leader of that bandwagon. boy was I wrong about them.

I think lots of people were. I've been touting UMass-Lowell for several weeks now and am amazed at how Yale absolutely took it to the River Hawks yesterday. That was a 3-2 OT final...but the Bulldogs absolutely dominated that game. Having watched Yale three times now and knowing that Quinnipiac smoked them three times this year already, I had a feeling some eyes would be opened when the Bobcats took the ice last night.

I liked the Yale captain's comment after the game about being 'honored' to represent his school in the NCAA title game. Some UND fans can continue to be bitter, but I'll be pulling for Yale on Saturday night. I don't know why...but they remind me of the 1997 Sioux...the team that nobody expected to be in the championship game.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about upsets in the national tourney and how teams that are supposed to win it more often than not don't. Well, Quinnipiac is showing they are the one who is SUPPOSED TO win it all. Most all of us have just refused to believe it until now. I kind of hope they get it done, but I'd be fine with Yale, too.

as strange as it may seem, the two best teams in the tournamnet will be playing for the title tomorrow night. they both deserve to be there and I will be happy for either one. up until regional weekend I thought QU was a fraud as the number one overall seed, but they have impressed me big time. I think it will be a very entertaining game. if yale can get an early lead it may be their night. I hope the 2013-14 und men's hockey team will be watching this game tomrrow and realize what it takes to get there.

I still can't believe how bad UMass Lowell looked. No offense, turnovers like crazy. That game was hard to watch. Now the SCSU QU game had a great pace and both teams looked really good for the most part. QU I have to hand it to them, they played a great game and looked so good. There PP is looked so good, creating chances and keeping SCSU on their heels.

Now the SCSU QU game had a great pace and both teams looked really good for the most part. QU I have to hand it to them, they played a great game and looked so good. There PP is looked so good, creating chances and keeping SCSU on their heels.

At one point in the 3rd period in 5 on 5 play, QU controlled the puck and the zone for about 50 seconds. It was like watching North Dakota take on the Bismarck Demon Squirt C team on that shift. Hockey is evolving...teams should take note.

Had UND been in that game against Quinnipiac, I think the score would have been exactly the same.

Go Yale!

At one point in the 3rd period in 5 on 5 play, QU controlled the puck and the zone for about 50 seconds. It was like watching North Dakota take on the Bismarck Demon Squirt C team on that shift. Hockey is evolving...teams should take note.

Had UND been in that game against Quinnipiac, I think the score would have been exactly the same.

Go Yale!

Actually i think UND would have matched them better than SCSU. SCSU doesn't nearly have the toughest physically and it showed last night on the puck. UND on the other hand physically would have matched them well.

Go Yale!

Never mind the North Dakota vs. Bismarck Demon Squirt Team...it reminded me of the North Dakota teams in the late 90s.

Actually i think UND would have matched them better than SCSU. SCSU doesn't nearly have the toughest physically and it showed last night on the puck. UND on the other hand physically would have matched them well.

McWilliam would've handled the big hyphenation better than any scsu defenseman.

• Upvote 1

So a team that got man-handled at home by SCSU in January would have given Quinnipiac a better game? The same Quinnipiac team that's outscored Yale 13-3 in three meetings this season? Hmnnn....maybe, I guess...

• Upvote 1

So a team that got man-handled at home by SCSU in January would have given Quinnipiac a better game? The same Quinnipiac team that's outscored Yale 13-3 in three meetings this season? Hmnnn....maybe, I guess...

I'm not going to speculate on if UND would have given someone a better run, but you are taking a snapshot of possibly UND's worst game of the season, and really the second game against St. Cloud the Sioux outplayed them. Comparisons aren't always the way to go when predicting future games. I would suspect at the very least, Yale will give Quinnipiac a better game this time around.

During Sports Center yesterday, they made some reference to the fact that this is the first time in X number of years that the Frozen Four hasn't contained at least one of the "big six" schools (not the actual term they used, just can't remember the details). They didn't name the six schools. I assume they include BC, BU, Michigan, North Dakota, & Minnesota. Anybody know the sixth team included in this? I assume it's either Denver or Wisconsin. If it's Denver, you have to go back to 1970. If it's Wisconsin, you have to go to 1969.

Also interesting that there's never been a Frozen Four in history until this year that hasn't included at least one of those 7 teams.

I'm not going to speculate on if UND would have given someone a better run, but you are taking a snapshot of possibly UND's worst game of the season, and really the second game against St. Cloud the Sioux outplayed them. Comparisons aren't always the way to go when predicting future games. I would suspect at the very least, Yale will give Quinnipiac a better game this time around.

I would suspect, at the very least, that most every poster on this board assumed that North Dakota matched and over-matched Yale in every position possible prior to the game a week or so ago too. You never know until you hit the ice!

I would suspect, at the very least, that most every poster on this board assumed that North Dakota matched and over-matched Yale in every position possible prior to the game a week or so ago too. You never know until you hit the ice!

player for player I still think UND matches or over matches Yale in every position possible. but skill and talent don't always equate to the best team and that is where Yale overmatched UND.

player for player I still think UND matches or over matches Yale in every position possible. but skill and talent don't always equate to the best team and that is where Yale overmatched UND.

Really? Because from everything I've seen, Kenny Agostino would be nothing short of a first-liner if he was wearing a Sioux uniform.

I just have to shake my head sometimes...some fans look at other teams like Yale and St Cloud State and just figure that their best players would be fifth liners at UND...I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

Kenny Agostino & Miller are very good the rest are about the same but fast & great with the puck & they do amazing things with their sticks to get the puck away from people & hustle & heart to never give up

Really? Because from everything I've seen, Kenny Agostino would be nothing short of a first-liner if he was wearing a Sioux uniform.

I just have to shake my head sometimes...some fans look at other teams like Yale and St Cloud State and just figure that their best players would be fifth liners at UND...I don't get it.

I never said I thought a player like him would be a fifth liner. I just look at it first line versus first line and etc. talent and skillwise I feel our first line overmached theirs. but in performace and playing as a team yale outclassed us. do teams like that not have some players that would fit in nicely here, absolutely they do.

If he means comparing player to player, he is comparing our best player to their best player and so on. So yes, I would say UND outmatches Yale player to player. Kristo is better than Agostino, Knight is better than Miller etc.