SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

Sioux-cia

I think Danny on the teams of the mid/late 2000's would have put up even bigger stats than he did this year. This was a team that had an average second line for most of the year (not average players, just not a second line like we've seen in the past).

They have to be losing $ & how long will they do that & want to be part of college hockey - plus they do not do the best job of planning tournment locations.....plus they just SUCK

As usual. I'm not sure what you are talking about. If you are talking about the NCAA and college hockey, the NCAA makes money on college hockey. Hockey is one of the few sports that makes money. They aren't getting out of college hockey unless something major changes.

Just had a Gopher fan tell me that his Gopher fan friend heard that Quinnipiac wanted to be 'really really good' in hockey so they got a bunch of 25 and 26 year old Canadians to go to school there...good grief...some people are just so uninformed.

As usual. I'm not sure what you are talking about. If you are talking about the NCAA and college hockey, the NCAA makes money on college hockey. Hockey is one of the few sports that makes money. They aren't getting out of college hockey unless something major changes.

yep, despite the fact hat the arena looked half empty, it was a sellout of 18000+. plus these arenas and places that host regionals have to submit bids to the ncaa. the ncaa makes their $$$. the actual arena may not. I'm guessing the only faciltiy to make $$$ onthis year's regionals was manchester and possibly providence.

yep, despite the fact hat the arena looked half empty, it was a sellout of 18000+. plus these arenas and places that host regionals have to submit bids to the ncaa. the ncaa makes their $$$. the actual arena may not. I'm guessing the only faciltiy to make $$$ onthis year's regionals was manchester and possibly providence.

Some years the regionals are very successful and some years they are not. It usually depends on location and which schools are playing in that regional. Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Gophers in St. Paul, BC close to Boston, Michigan in Detroit, all are examples of regionals that are usually successful. Other years it doesn't work. No Michigan schools available to play in Grand Rapids, not a success. First round series at the homes of higher ranked schools would give them a chance to be successful more often. The Frozen Four is pretty much sold out almost every year because of fans from schools like UND and BC, schools that have a pretty good chance of being there so the fans buy tickets every year.

The championship game had more than twice the number, 18000+, than the other two games had, combined. Total attendance 35,610 for all three games. I don't think the arena looked half empty at all during that game. I took some great pictures but don't have the know how to post them here. ???

Just had a Gopher fan tell me that his Gopher fan friend heard that Quinnipiac wanted to be 'really really good' in hockey so they got a bunch of 25 and 26 year old Canadians to go to school there...good grief...some people are just so uninformed.

15 are Canadian, but don't know ages. So what. Hartzell, the goalie, is from the Twin Cities area. Somehow the Gophers either didn't want him or didn't get him.

Some of their fans down there are absolutely clueless.

Parentau and Serratore will both turn 24 this summer. Debus was 25 when he played for the Gophers. Would have been 26 if he stuck around for a senior season.

Yikes, they're old-timers.

Does anyone know the age of the typical Quinnipiac player this season?

I'm obviously incorrect on the age issue...I thought there was a UND player in my tenure at UND (1988-1992) who ran out of eligibility due to age. I guess I'm wrong.

Parentau and Serratore will both turn 24 this summer. Debus was 25 when he played for the Gophers. Would have been 26 if he stuck around for a senior season.

Did he play 3 seasons because he lost a year because he came in overage, or did they not have that penalty back then?