SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

I was going to ask Goon the same question but I get the impression that he would never fire Hakstol under the those circumstances. Am I correct Goon? If not the same question to you. I am just curious how long you guys would accept the status quo b/4 the lack of a NT would prompt you to make a move, if at all.

Why are you asking me this question? I am not the AD... You might want to pose your question to the guy that writes his checks.... 249-127-20 that's a .645 winning percentage. That's not worthy of being fired right now. Have three losing season maybe.

If pointing out obvious problems counts as a "negative rant", then so be it. Ignoring it won't make it go away. And Starman is the poster child of ducky and bunny logic. I honestly don't pay much attention to what he thinks. We have ZERO margin for error from this point forward and will probably have to win the NCHC tournament, unless we get help from other teams.

Got it - let's just agree to disagree on the best way for a booster to show support.

You guys probably don't care what I think but here goes anyway. Firing Hakstol would be insane. UND is one of the best teams in the country EVERY year with maybe this year being the lone exception but of course it's still only February so who knows what will happen the next month or so. Jerry York is the best in the business right now but didn't he go from '84 to '01 without a title? He had some sub par seasons during that stretch as well. Didn't Jack Parker go from '95 to '09 without a title? He also had sub par seasons in between. Red Berenson is currently on a stretch of 16 seasons without a title. Lucia is currently on an 11 year run himself without the big one and he had 4 straight crap seasons.

Let me put it this way. As a Gopher fan I would be thrilled if UND fired Hakstol because than maybe UND would actually suffer some down years like every other elite program has. Under Hakstol UND has been a machine with strong teams year after year that are a threat to win it all. The grass is not always greener. A new coach isn't just going to walk in and immediately win a title. Keep the good coach you already have.

Wow! I never thought I would agree with Mariucci.... Well done.

Wow! I never thought I would agree with Mariucci.... Well done.

Well gfhockey's argument is way to simple and I got tired of it. Right now Lucia and Hakstol have very different legacies. Lucia is a two time national champ while Hakstol has zero. But take a closer look at Lucia's two titles. In '02 he needed to pull his goalie and got a pretty lucky goal to tie the game and then won in OT on the power play. In '03 the Gophers beat Michigan in another OT on a soft goal given up by Al Montoya. Let's not forget Lucia also had the advantage of playing in St Paul in '02 and at Mariucci in the '03 regional. Lucia could EASILY have zero titles right now and a legacy similar to Woog.

In 2011 something as simple as a wrist shot from the point finding a hole for the Sioux against Michigan and Hakstol could have a title.

We are literally talking about a couple bounces of the puck being the difference in the legacies of Lucia and Hakstol.

Well gfhockey's argument is way to simple and I got tired of it. Right now Lucia and Hakstol have very different legacies. Lucia is a two time national champ while Hakstol has zero. But take a closer look at Lucia's two titles. In '02 he needed to pull his goalie and got a pretty lucky goal to tie the game and then won in OT on the power play. In '03 the Gophers beat Michigan in another OT on a soft goal given up by Al Montoya. Let's not forget Lucia also had the advantage of playing in St Paul in '02 and at Mariucci in the '03 regional. Lucia could EASILY have zero titles right now and a legacy similar to Woog.

In 2011 something as simple as a wrist shot from the point finding a hole for the Sioux against Michigan and Hakstol could have a title.

We are literally talking about a couple bounces of the puck being the difference in the legacies of Lucia and Hakstol.

You didn't actually think gfhockey would put together a well-thought-out rebuttal to my comments, did you?

Maine was robbed in 2002. Hauser got away with a monster slash in OT about 8 seconds before the penalty was called on the Black Bears.

Hak gets win 250 last night. Congrat to him. Lots of wins in his tenure...bout 25 a season. That's due to really "good" coaching. I'll use the term "great" when he gets #8.

Nice post. Next stop on the bucket list - 300 wins and an NCAA title - with checkmarks next to them.