SiouxSports.com Forum

Where in the World will Kristo be?

Frozen4sioux

Where in the world will Kristo be  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Danny Kristo be on April 13th

• Toronto playing with the Montreal Canadiens?
    • Cleveland playing with the Hamilton Bulldogs
    • Pittsburgh playing for the UND
    • In Class @ UND

Then there is really no talent in college hockey as he was CHN POY as of yesterday!?!?!?

Means nothing. Who voted and how many times have they seen him play? Let's get real here for a minute. If he played for anyone else you guys would find so many faults with his play it would not even be funny.

None, and I am not knocking the E....just letting you know that barring a lockout, Kristo will never play regularily in the E. I knew Marto wouldn't play in the show, I though he would be just like chay and stay in the AHL. He didn't but I would never say he is an AHL lifer. Remember this....Kristo will never play in the E regularily.

Never say never.

So you can't find anybody and are hoping someone else can back up your claim for you? Or maybe "show your work".

I'm sure there are players with better college stats than Kristo that are stuck in the E....but they're not as good as him. Kristo is a very good player....he'll get his shot in the show and at least will have a long AHL career. He has a great shot, his strides are short but he does skate relatively fast, he isn't terrible defensively or passing, so he should work out just fine.

How many members of a gold medal winning WJC team are in the East Coast league?? To me, the WJC has always been the proving ground.

I did not see a single comment related to my listing of Sioux players, performance, draft status and league.

I don't see anyone saying that Danny is going to the show where he'll be an immediate impact player ala Toews, Parise or even Oshie or Stafford or Zajac.

I think Danny could become a nice second line winger and be a 15 goal a year guy.

fifteen years ago, I would say he would struggle based on size and the type of game played...today's NHL is much more suited to Danny's game.

Mario Lamoureaux was second in ECHL ROY voting, and is a scorer in that league...Danny brings WAY more offense than Mario. If Danny played in the ECHL he would score 120 points a year.

Excerpt from the article linked to below:

In keeping with Bergevin's theme of building with youth, the big news he generated Wednesday was signing Danny Kristo to a two-year entry-level contract. The Hobey Baker Award finalist from the University of North Dakota will report to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League.

"He had a very good season in college and he has some offensive talent," Bergevin said. "It's not easy to find talent like that. He has some things he needs to work on a lot before making it to the next level, but he's ready to start."

Asked if Kristo could be seen in Montreal this season, Bergevin replied, "That's going to be up to him."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=664040

Mario Lamoureaux was second in ECHL ROY voting, and is a scorer in that league...Danny brings WAY more offense than Mario. If Danny played in the ECHL he would score 120 points a year.

Mario WON the rookie scoring title in the ECHL. Loved his leadership here at UND but couldn't have scored on our own SS.com Wilbur in his 4 years here. Your estimated 120 point season for Kristo might be an underestimation.

Mario WON the rookie scoring title in the ECHL. Loved his leadership here at UND but couldn't have scored on our own SS.com Wilbur in his 4 years here. Your estimated 120 point season for Kristo might be an underestimation.

I'd love to see his highlight tape from this year in the echl. I think it'd be fascinating to watch Mario the offensive juggernaut instead of the Mario the sledgehammer we saw for four years here.

• 2 weeks later...