SiouxSports.com Forum

Where in the World will Kristo be?

Frozen4sioux

Where in the world will Kristo be  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Danny Kristo be on April 13th

• Toronto playing with the Montreal Canadiens?
    • Cleveland playing with the Hamilton Bulldogs
    • Pittsburgh playing for the UND
    • In Class @ UND

Does he wait til August and become a free agent or is he all about Montreal?? I'm guessing he signs and plays AHL/NHL after he raises #8. I don't follow Montreal so not sure if they have a need for him this season or not??

Pittsburgh. All Frozen Four Team. Celebrating the National Championship. Then a stint with Rehab along with a good raft of the rest of us. Then reentering the draft. A disappointing swing at the NHL. Only the very best of the very best make the NHL. No shame in not making the NHL. Then a long illustrious career in Europe. Life will be good for Sir Danny Kristo, a great kid. God Bless all of the boys who have the heart and stones to stay all four years in a program. Kristo will be a legend for years. For many reasons. Not the least of which will be bring the first BIG piece of hardware to The Ralph.

Pittsburgh. All Frozen Four Team. Celebrating the National Championship. Then a stint with Rehab along with a good raft of the rest of us. Then reentering the draft. A disappointing swing at the NHL. Only the very best of the very best make the NHL. No shame in not making the NHL. Then a long illustrious career in Europe. Life will be good for Sir Danny Kristo, a great kid. God Bless all of the boys who have the heart and stones to stay all four years in a program. Kristo will be a legend for years. For many reasons. Not the least of which will be bring the first BIG piece of hardware to The Ralph.

im pretty sure they dont "reenter" the draft, they just become FA.

#Saucypaws

It won't take him as long as some think to play in the NHL. Probably the most improved player in all areas I've seen come thru UND in a long time. He'll only get better.

He scores goals! Usually big moment goals but agree on Danny. Also some unreal assists and passes not cashed in. Great season for 7. He's polished his game and is on the ice in all situations. Hope he gets that natty he came back for!

Wow...I truly didnt mean this to be a Kristo bashing session and I guess putting it up as a fun poll on a sioux fan site was the mistake. How niave of me.

I think Kristo can step into an AHL role immediately after the parade for 8 and depending on the playoff picture make an NHL debut this year IF he doesnt take a look at free agent route whuch is what I would do if I was him.....that way he can choose the development and track that best gets him in and ready for NHL action the soonest.

Kristo's prospects after UND ???

Without a SERIOUS attitude adjustment...................look up Jason Zent.

Yeah he's really having a crappy career at UND with that attitude. Who gives a crap. This season i take 7 over 27 on your squad. 27 could be the version of a hockey Terminator if he wanted to be but for whatever reason isn't.

• Upvote 1

Yeah he's really having a crappy career at UND with that attitude. Who gives a crap. This season i take 7 over 27 on your squad. 27 could be the version of a hockey Terminator if he wanted to be but for whatever reason isn't.

You'll get no argument from me on that...........

I don't understand the negative takes on Kristo. He's obviously committed to the Fighting Sioux, committed to his teammates, busts his ass on the ice, generally plays big in big games, etc. What's not to love?

couldn't agree more. he has shown more committment to this program than I think any of us could have ever imagined. I'm pretty confident most people on here thought he would would wear a sioux jersey again after the frostbite incident and most thought he would bolt after last season. but here we are four years after he first stepped foot on the campus of the university of north dakota and about to set forth on his final quest for the green and white and that is leading his team to the promised land.

I remember many years ago inthe lockerroom after und defeated bu in the 1997 title game and a a sophomore forward named jason blake said one thing he told dean blais when he decided to transfer was he was going to win him a national championship and did. danny is on the same mission and I hope and pray he gets his mission accomplished.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen on this site.

Agree...and this from a fan of the school that produced Okposo and Wheeler that made the NHL. Somehow the "me 1st" attitude gets a pass by Goph fans.

Kristo will be a top 6 player in the NHL someday, mark it down. His development at UND has been outstanding and he possesses a number of NHL-caliber tools.

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him get a sniff from Montreal for the stretch run, a la Chris Kreider last season.

Kristo's prospects after UND ???

Without a SERIOUS attitude adjustment...................look up Jason Zent.

I'd love to hear what's wrong with his attitude. His first few games he didn't work hard without the puck. He grew out of that real quick as a matter of necessity. Now he's a beast and loves to get greasy in the corners.

Who ever said he had a crappy career ?..........quite the contrary, he has an ENORMOUS amount of talent, and has been a great college hockey player.

I'd love to hear what's wrong with his attitude. His first few games he didn't work hard without the puck. He grew out of that real quick as a matter of necessity. Now he's a beast and loves to get greasy in the corners.

Are you saying that he hasn't made some questionable "decisions" both on and off the ice ?

Maybe you folks should find out who Jason Zent is before making comments.