SiouxSports.com Forum

Where in the World will Kristo be?

Frozen4sioux

Where in the world will Kristo be  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Danny Kristo be on April 13th

• Toronto playing with the Montreal Canadiens?
    • Cleveland playing with the Hamilton Bulldogs
    • Pittsburgh playing for the UND
    • In Class @ UND

Who ever said he had a crappy career ?..........quite the contrary, he has an ENORMOUS amount of talent, and has been a great college hockey player.

Was just saying the "attitude" you claim that he has that you think will hamper him in the nhl seems to be a reach dont you? Think he will be just fine.

Probably could find something on most pro/NHL players if you tried :) haula is a real question mark to his team because he was pissing on the streets or whatever stupid citation he got then right??! I'm guessing haula will be just fine as well :)

Wow, we haven't even lost yet and the negativity is rampant...

IMO, there have been a few games this year where Danny was playing like Oshie did his last yr! Kristo may not be perfect, but who is??? We all mess up, Danny gets all the credit in the world after coming back from the foot thing

He may not be the best Sioux player ever, but he has heart!!!

Let's goooooooooo Sioux!!!

Wow, we haven't even lost yet and the negativity is rampant...

IMO, there have been a few games this year where Danny was playing like Oshie did his last yr! Kristo may not be perfect, but who is??? We all mess up, Danny gets all the credit in the world after coming back from the foot thing

He may not be the best Sioux player ever, but he has heart!!!

Let's goooooooooo Sioux!!!

Only real negative post came from goph fan I think:)

Kristo4hobey

We can only fully admit that several UND players (former and current) have had run-ins with the law while at school. These "kids" are growing up at college, just like every other student does. They go through some growing pains, hit a few bumps in the road, but you rarely hear about these guys screwing up once they get to the NHL. The same will probably happen to Kristo. When Jonny Toews got in trouble here for being in a bar as an underager, I'm sure some people were saying he had "character issues" too.

Are you saying that he hasn't made some questionable "decisions" both on and off the ice ?

Maybe you folks should find out who Jason Zent is before making comments.

It's well documented that the reason Danny came back to UND was that he wanted to play for a Banner, he has said that more than once this year. Brad has reported on it and I did as well.

Senior Forward Danny Kristo was asked about his decision to come back for his senior year.

“It was a long process, it was stressful there for a while, it was kind of a different process than some kids have had to go through,” Kristo said.

“Montreal where I got drafted was going through a different time. They fired their general manager during the midst of my decision. Which made it a lot harder. With the thoughts of an NHL lockout; obviously I think I would rather be playing, if I could be playing AHL or playing college. I would much rather be playing college with my friends, which I still feel like with our coaching staff and with our team this year I can still get better in practice and get better in games. I can still do that stuff ultimately that is what your goal is year-by-year is to get better and if I can still do that here, I don’t see… why not come back for a great senior year and hopefully go on a run at the end of the season to put up a banner. “

I think Danny has done a ton of maturing at UND. He always had sick puck skills, but he is now much better on the boards and much better in our end. I actually think that he will do well at the NHL level due primarily to who he will play with. I think he is the kind of player that plays up to the level of those around him. I don't think he will be a Parise or a Toews at the next level, but I could definitely see him becoming like a Stafford. A regular second line winger who pumps 15-25 goals in per year. Hopefully he can do that for a decade, after he lights it up in Pittsburgh in two weeks

• Upvote 1

It's well documented that the reason Danny came back to UND was that he wanted to play for a Banner, he has said that more than once this year. Brad has reported on it and I did as well.

This^^

This is something Toews didn't do, Parise didn't do, and Oshie didn't do. The Gopher fan can go home just like his team next weekend because Sioux fans, being the aware and perceptive bunch we are, have the utmost honor and respect for Danny Kristo and his commitment to the program we love.

I have fully enjoyed his four years with our team and am very thankful he has had the rare passion which drives one to make the tough choice to say 'later' to becoming rich and dedicate his talent, drive and passion to SIOUX hockey.

Danny, your the man!! Thank you!

...I see him having an NHL career very similar to Oshie's.

...I see him having an NHL career very similar to Oshie's.

I'd agree but I don't know if I see Kristo quite having the same level of "i'mgonnablowaguyuplikeamacktruckhittingagrossofwatercoolerjugsinthemiddleoftheinterstate..ness"

But yes Oshie or stafford or right in between there...top six potential.

"i'mgonnablowaguyuplikeamacktruckhittingagrossofwatercoolerjugsinthemiddleoftheinterstate..ness"

No Kristo doesn't have that in his game for sure but he could get traded to the Av's and skate with Malone. Then he would just move over when it is i'mgonnablowaguyuplikeamacktruckhittingagrossofwatercoolerjugsinthemiddleoftheinterstate..ness time.

Are you saying that he hasn't made some questionable "decisions" both on and off the ice ?

Maybe you folks should find out who Jason Zent is before making comments.

I'm talking about him as a hockey player. His off ice stuff is pretty minor at most. And yes that was a pun. Lets hear about his attitude as a player and how it needs to be adjusted.

just how fitting would it be for him to get THE goal that sends us all into a frenzy on that saturday in pittsburgh. :)

That will be sweet siouxweet. Kristo is a testament to the program. Win or lose, he'll go down as always being remembered for his commitment and tenacity. Once North Dakota raises the trophy this year, Kristo and all of his teammates will become immortal in Sioux legend and lore. Much more so than the boys who left town before their time was done. I'm still not convinced he will excel in the NHL, but I am almost nearly always wrong. Except on my call that this is the year for the NC banner to be hung high in the new Home of North Dakota Hockey.

Danny is what this program is about... dreams about playing at UND, improves in all aspects of hockey and life thru the ups and downs, passing on personal gain for the betterment of his team and teammates and leaves UND a true "Fighting Sioux"!

• Upvote 1

Part of me wants to see Kristo get a shot yet this year......on the other hand it would be nice to see him with another team that he can pick and choose for the best situation ...i mean the Canadiens.....uffda I think Danny only had one embellishment call this year.....with the Habs that don't cut it .

• Upvote 1