SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2013

iluvdebbies

I call BS on this one. UND played Minnesota at the Xcel in last year's regional, and attendance was only 10,974.

Yeah 18,000 is a lot of tickets to sell. A few factors would boost it though. Obviously depending on match ups. I guess this year would have been a better example if sioux gophs met as that would sell out no doubt. Potential last game for 4/5 years, end of WCHA ect.....

Another big factor if UND were to be the HOST at the X, way more tickets would be pre sold knowing if UND makes the tourney they play there automatically. Big difference from knowing 4 days prior for travel purposes for most.

• Upvote 1

I think Brad did some research about this for an article earlier this season. If I recall, BC has only been sent out west twice in the past decade or something like that, and each time they did have to travel, they got spanked. Every time they've made it to the Frozen Four, they've gone through Worcester.

I'll look bad at his archives to see if I can find the specific article, as I'm probably botching those statistics.

I remember that post as well. If I remember correctly there were a couple instances where BC somehow got to play close to home while other teams who were seeded higher had to travel relatively long distances.

That doesn't surprise me though. The east coast markets college hockey a lot better than does the midwest. My father-in-law is from California and he was blown away when I showed him how dominant the midwest teams have been in the national tournament over the past 25 years compared with the east coast teams. Not being much of college hockey fan, or a hockey fan in general for that matter, he always believe the east coast schools were by far the dominant teams in college hockey because of the coverage they get.

Moys latest bracket will be out later today....i'm guessing it will look something like this.

Grand Rapids

2) Minnesota vs 14) UMass- Lowell

7) Minnesota State vs 10) Niagra

Manchester

4) New Hamphsire vs 16) Union

5) BC vs 11) Denver

Toledo

3) Miami vs 13) BU

6) North Dakota vs 12) Yale

Providence

1) Quinnipiac vs 15) ND

8) W. Michigan vs 9) SCSU

I like that bracket but they won't allow a WCHA team in every bracket and have the chance of an all-WCHA Frozen 4.

...and for those who believe in that conspiracy theory....it is possible to switch Denver and Yale...which would do two things 1) maintain bracket integrity. 2) Put both teams closer to home....but since we are a month away and it's just a guess....i'm keeping my bracket :) .....

...and for those who believe in that conspiracy theory....it is possible to switch Denver and Yale...which would do two things 1) maintain bracket integrity. 2) Put both teams closer to home....but since we are a month away and it's just a guess....i'm keeping my bracket :) .....

But then you would have UND Denver first round

Seeing 3,500 Gopher fans walk out of the OSU Arena crying wasn't exciting for you?

Loved it....but even more satisfying was watching UND make the Gophers essentially tap out. We would dump the puck in and send in our forecheckers and about half way through the second period the Gopher players wouldn't go get the puck as they were tired of getting hit.

Well it's that time again. Moy will have his latest bracket out tomorrow........lets see how close i get.

Grand Rapids

2) Minnesota vs. 16) RPI

7) Minnesota St. vs. 10) W. Michigan

Manchester

4) New Hampshire vs. 13) Dartmouth

6) BC vs. 11) SCSU

Toledo

3) Miami vs. 15) Yale

5) North Dakota vs. 12) Denver

Providence

1) Quinnipiac vs. 14) Notre Dame

8) Niagra vs. 9) UMass- Lowell