SiouxSports.com Forum

crb1

I guess I don't consider letting our players know how much we appreciate them a waste of time.

I think he is talking about the voting contest being a waste of time with regard to the outcome of the Hobey Baker voting process. The home crowd does a good job of showing their appreciation to the players at every home game by packing an 11,500 seat arena in the dead of winter in the middle of the frozen tundra of the Red River Valley.

I think he is talking about the voting contest being a waste of time with regard to the outcome of the Hobey Baker voting process. The home crowd does a good job of showing their appreciation to the players at every home game by packing an 11,500 seat arena in the dead of winter in the middle of the frozen tundra of the Red River Valley.

I know that's what he meant. I just think there is another reason for voting for your team's candidate: to let him know how much the fans appreciate him. Knight has given Sioux fans a solid four years of hockey and voting for him is one of the ways we can say thank you.

could Knight's involvement with the preseason party damage his chances at the hobey baker, as off the ice behavior is a main component of the award and as we all know it killed frattin two years ago?

Very possible, character factors in also.

A little more than that.

Well Hrkac was no angel but he was by far the best player the year he won...isnt there an award for 'Best Citizen' or nicest guy in hockey as well? Usually does the most community service (volunteer), helps old ladies across the street, etc...

Well Hrkac was no angel but he was by far the best player the year he won...isnt there an award for 'Best Citizen' or nicest guy in hockey as well? Usually does the most community service (volunteer), helps old ladies across the street, etc...

Don't know if they have a Mr. Congeniality, but I think off-ice issues hurt Frattin so I don't know how much they factor in being a "good citizen".

Found this on their site:

Hobey Baker Award Criteria

1. Candidates must exhibit strength of character both on and off the ice.

2. Candidates must contribute to the integrity of the team and display outstanding skills in all phases of the game.

3. Consideration should be given to scholastic achievement and sportmanship.

4. Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules: be full time students in an accredited NCAA college or university; and complete 50% or more of the season.

The incident isn't even a big deal, The seniors took the wrath and he hasn't had any other issues. He is great in the community and may be the best 2 way player in the nation. It will be a non issue if he has the numbers! HOBEYKNIGHTER!!

The incident isn't even a big deal, The seniors took the wrath and he hasn't had any other issues. He is great in the community and may be the best 2 way player in the nation. It will be a non issue if he has the numbers! HOBEYKNIGHTER!!

Hopefully it will be no factor.

Unfortunetly I think an issue like this will play a part....I believe it cost frattin the hobey in the end.

We shall see...right now it's nothing but a charge and we shall see when it's pled out or resolved march at earliest now but unfortunetly it may play into a stereotype of the perception of the UND guys in the hobey voters eyes.

Unfortunetly I think an issue like this will play a part....I believe it cost frattin the hobey in the end.

We shall see...right now it's nothing but a charge and we shall see when it's pled out or resolved march at earliest now but unfortunetly it may play into a stereotype of the perception of the UND guys in the hobey voters eyes.

There's been no indication of the role Knight played in the "GF Herald buried it"-gate. He could have simply just been there, or maybe it was at his house. Who knows? Bottom line is he is a senior, and a captain, and was one of those held responsible.

Frattin was throwing lawn mowers in the street, and was cited for driving drunk.

Comparable?

There's been no indication of the role Knight played in the "GF Herald buried it"-gate. He could have simply just been there, or maybe it was at his house. Who knows? Bottom line is he is a senior, and a captain, and was one of those held responsible.

Frattin was throwing lawn mowers in the street, and was cited for driving drunk.

Comparable?

Certainly not comparable but like was mentioned in a previous post, there is no doubt Frattin was hurt by his off-ice incidents (plural). I think Frattin wins it without the off-ice incidents as I have read at the time that many voters wouldn't vote for him based on his past run-ins.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/255112/group/Sports/

As good of a season Corban Knight is having, I think he can pretty much wave by bye to any chance of winning the Hobey Baker this year thanks to his actions with the team earlier this year Unfortunate, because he is a great player on the ice and from what I hear, a great guy off the ice as well. Sure he made a mistake and no doubt feels really bad about it. The fans can vote him into the Hobey Hat Trick, but I doubt the selection committee will give it to Knight after being charged with a Class A Misdemeanor the month before!!

Have to agree with you. Knight and Kristo are now both out of the running.

since you have no more details than anyone else regarding what Knight did or didn't do, this is premature wishful thinking. He has been charged, but has not been found guilty of anything. We could say haula is out as well.

since you have no more details than anyone else regarding what Knight did or didn't do, this is premature wishful thinking. He has been charged, but has not been found guilty of anything. We could say haula is out as well.

I wish the charges alone didn't severely damage Knight's chances, but Frattin was found "Not Guilty" of the DUI too....

Knight is the best 2 way player in the NCAA in my opinion. He may not score as many goals as Johnny Hockey but his 2 way versality is tremendous. At the very least Knight should be a Hobey hat trick.

So even SS posters are going with the "Johnny Hockey" thing? I was hoping we'd be above that. :glare:

• Upvote 1