SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Saturday

AZSIOUX

One point sucks, but they'll win most games they play this well. Big step forward for Parks tonight, and that entire line, which finally showed some of what we saw last year. That will be important down the stretch. These recent results have probably doomed a regular season title, but the season is not over, and based on what I saw tonight, this team can still accomplish things this year.

• Upvote 1

A much better effort and performance in allmost every area tonight except the goaltending was really the same. It hurts a lot to only get 1 point out of a performance like that and the feeling is about the same as last Saturday against Minny. I really liked the way the RPM line played as they really controlled a lot of the play when they were out there and I think they are very close to start putting the puck in the net consistently. I thought St.Clair might have had one of the best games he's played all year and Pattyn seemed to play pretty well tonight. Going forward we need to take advantage of the opportunities we create and finish off chances as well as games as there is not much room for error down the stretch.

Your heart wants to be upset and punch a wall, but anyone who watched that game knows that 98% of the time the effort was there. Yeah, they still made mistakes in their own end, but they deserved much better, and I'll take that effort any time the Sioux take the ice.

I'd like to see Mitch and Mark with Parks but i don't see that happening.

Not sure that Mitch has a spot with those two unless an injury occurs. I think the top two units are probably set, but I could see Mitch working his way into a third or fourth line grinder role.

Your heart wants to be upset and punch a wall, but anyone who watched that game knows that 98% of the time the effort was there. Yeah, they still made mistakes in their own end, but they deserved much better, and I'll take that effort any time the Sioux take the ice.

I think what makes tonight frustrating is getting one point last weekend and the nearly unbearable loss last night. That combination with the tie makes the last four games sting no matter how you cut it.

I don't know how St. Clair and Gaarder aren't in the lineup next weekend. Same could be said for Chyzyk. Played well.

Yup, yup and yup!

IMO Bryn Colton and Drake would be solid together.

Chyzyk has that "it" quality on the ice.

Disappointed to come home and see this ended in a tie, how did they look tonight?

If they play like they did tonight, they win most games.

Most of the shuffled lines looked very good, the line of Kristo/Knight/Grimaldi was always creating offense, and the PP even looked quite good at times. A few defensive miscues leaving SCSU players wide open in front of the net again, but for the most part it was a complete turnaround from Friday night.

SCSU is a legit team this year...very good at blocking shots and shutting down the passing lanes. Hanowski, Leblanc, and Jensen are very, very good. And Faragher played excellent again.

IF the Sioux can keep that level of intensity against UW next week, I like our chances. Time to right the ship. I think we are out of the running for the Mac (especially being that other teams have much easier remaining schedules), but that's not the end of the world. This team can play with anyone, they just have to keep the effort consistent.

Why is it the sioux can never get those bounces? I give up, for some reason it feels like we can never get the puck in the net when there is a pile up in front of the net!

That pile up in front of the SCSU net in the 3rd period was ridiculous. UND had about 5 chances to put it away and it just kept bouncing off bodies and skates and sticks. Cmon. Same thing with right at the end of OT.

A 15-20 second lapse cost this team a win when no UND player made much of an effort moreless extra effort to secure the puck on the delayed penalty goal.

SCSU is decent, but I didn't leave the Ralph saying "Wow this team is going to win the McNaughton Cup or the Final Five". We gave them Friday's game and we didn't finish around the net...again...last night. Their PP is the best I've seen this year but 5x5 they really don't gernerate much offensively. They are soild on D but not great and when was the last time UND didn't make a Clown goalie look like an All-American?? What they do do is bust their a** for 60 minutes each night and that will cover up alot of their shortcomings.

Our team needs to be realistic from here on out and work to secure home ice and get to the F5...play well there and get into the NCAA anyway it can. Right now this team is inconsistent with play and effort, plays very poorly on it's own D zone, gives up too many soft goals especially early in games and struggles to find scorers not named Danny, Corbin or Rocco.

4 points in the last 6 league games with 4 of those games at home a 2nd half surge it doesn't make.

So for all you dewey meadows, colorful rainbows, fluffy kittens, and green wnearing glasses fans...we looked better last night, deserved a better fate, a tie is better than a loss and the season is still early as it's not even February yet so we still got the 2nd haf surge coming.

2 big games next weekend vs WI...a point isn't going to cut it.

I am still confused how a team has this many (high) draft picks and cannot get up to play. I would be salivating to play with the talent this team has. Going into every game knowing you could hit the stat sheet a ton would be a great feeling. Hak has to find a way to get through to his skilled players. Schmaltz Forbert mattson ....these dmen should be so much better

I am still confused how a team has this many (high) draft picks and cannot get up to play. I would be salivating to play with the talent this team has. Going into every game knowing you could hit the stat sheet a ton would be a great feeling. Hak has to find a way to get through to his skilled players. Schmaltz Forbert mattson ....these dmen should be so much better

Specifically those three...Schmaltz looks totally disinterested on the ice. Mattson looks lost. Forbort had his best game in a month last night and that's not saying much.

Berry has to be held accountable for this defensive mess. That's why he was brought in.