SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

It's really quite stunning that the "Finnish Flash" has been in the NHL since 1993. Isn't he the last of the old Winnipeg Jets? I would think he has to be...

And in 93' he still has the record for most goals by a rookie with 76. Averaged a point a game during his career. One hell of a player.

Yeah, what happened there? I saw Bourque make it 2-1, got attacked by the nap-monster, and it was 7-1 when I woke up.

They gave up two in the second in spite of having a pretty good period, and then just melted down in the third. They took a series of stupid penalties and the Rangers were surprisingly able to score power play goals today.

I'm surprised Matt Greene doesn't get more love from fans on the board here. He has really turned himself into quite an inpressive NHL player.

Matt always was one of my favorite Sioux defensemen. Big & quick & could lay a player out when the team needed a boost.

Glad the Kings made it so I can watch Matt. Will be great to see Toews knock off another former Sioux & their team.

They were beaten by a lower seeded opponent. That is a fact, not just my biased opinion.

ok, but your original post said 'inferior' opponent, not 'lower seeded' opponent....and that's a fact as well.
  • Upvote 1

Stupid question of the day. Why is it in hockey the home team wears the dark jersey and all other sports it is the opposite? Saw a UND Toews jersey in the crowd today.

More colorful for the home crowd. Look at all the red sweaters in the crowd.

Home teams wanted to use their 3rd jerseys more so they changed it to home darks. Wish it was home whites, as it is nice to see other teams colors more.

I'm no fan of the Dallas Cowboys, but they were pioneers of the white jerseys at home movement. Genius.

Montreal could be in trouble. Revealed today that goalie Carey Price injured a knee when Chris Kreider slide into him skates first early in the game. They will know more tomorrow, but he may be out. Big drop off from Price to their backup goalie.