SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

Lucia was irritated with the questions because the questions were redundant and silly. What a waste of an interview; Don should have just hung up. PA knows nothing about hockey. "So... Dave... ...how does Rocco get around the rink?" Brilliant.

Go Sioux!!

taz

You nailed it! Mankato joined the WCHA in 1997 and Lucia didn't start coaching Minnesota until 1999. I suppose he was working to get Minnesta to schedule Mankato when he was at CC though. How are we supposed to take information like this seriously.

Umm...probably because I'm talking about the last 18 months since this cluster has been going on. I guess I should have been more clear.

For even more clarification, that's from public statements made by our former coach and people within the administration.

Umm, they joined in the 1999-2000 season. How are we supposed to take you seriously?

Accepted! The point being Lucia wasn't there, and though they weren't full fledged members, they did participate in the WCHA playoffs the two years prior.

If you really think about it, the chances of UND and Minnesota being put in the same regional in the playoffs in the next 4 years. They like to keep teams close to home....so I think that the chances of them playing each other are better than people think.

And the NCAA likes money too - guaranteed regional sellout. I agree we'll see it before 2017.

Missing the Mariucci Classic. So with that there's 30 games. Max is only 34, unless you travel to Alaska, then I believe you can play 36. So after that stuff they only have 2 series to choose from. Notre Dame is one because of his son, which I fully support. That leaves only 2 games. They really don't have much to choose from. Realistically they only get to pick 2 non-conference series per year.

Oh yeah forgot about that, that does make it tight. I was thinking they still had 4-6 games to spare, it's more like 2 with SCSU, not much wiggle room.

If you really think about it, the chances of UND and Minnesota being put in the same regional in the playoffs in the next 4 years. They like to keep teams close to home....so I think that the chances of them playing each other are better than people think.

Because now first round matchups wont have to be avoided.

Just listened back to Lucia on KFAN this morning. Although he said that he didn't want to wait around during the nickname debacle so they scheduled Notre Dame, he did say once that 4 year commitement is up, they are going to put North Dakota back on the schedule once that is over. The demand for the game to be scheduled is too great, that Minnesota doesn't dare not scheduling us. Imagine the buildup for that game after a 4 year break!!

Wow. To be (a) quoted on the opponent's forum and (b) have my Photoshop from a couple of years ago used on the first page of this topic...I'm going to have to record this day in the personal record book. ;)

Let's be realistic about why this rivalry is going on a hiatus. The leadership at my alma mater didn't like your nickname and would not allow UND to be on the schedule as long as you were using it. Someone had to fill that slot in the schedule. Lucia has said that he wants the rivalry to resume once the contractual obligations with Notre Dame and BC are fulfilled. Lord knows, most of us Gopher fans want it as well. Don't allow disappointment over the temporary loss of a great rivalry be the genesis of conspiracy theories and opportunities to cry cowardice when it comes to our coach.

Wow is this pathetic! I could give examples of this at the REA from goof fans during a home game against the rodents. My daughter was 8 than, and the jerk of was trying to pick a fight with a 70 year old Sioux fan. But hey, make sure your claim "all Sioux fans are like the ones you encountered" Maybe I should do the same? Tool......

Thanks for the "tool" line. With ignorance like that, it is easy to see why your fanbase got the reputation they have. You did a better job illustrating my point than I did.

Regarding the fan base... Welll, if I never see another Whioux fan, I am good with that. I am sure that there are decent, grounded fans of your team out there, but I have not met them. When your fan base started hurling F-Bombs at my 5 year olds in Grand Forks a few years back, you lost me. If they wanted to rip me because I was wearing Maroon and Gold, that is fine. (dumb, but fine) I am a big boy and I can dela with it. But when groups of people start yelling and swearing at kids, (adults were doing this, not teenagers) it is pretty disgusting. Not sure how that made them feel tough, dropping the FBomb on kids til they cried and laughing. Pretty pathetic.

So, if I never come across a ND fan again, fine with me. You will not be missed.

Your incident is unfortunate and I would bet 98% of true Sioux fans agree. I'm sure you read earlier posts on this thread regarding vandalism of my truck a few years ago at the Final Five. At the very same tournament, an adult Gopher fan walking by a group of Sioux fans having a conversation poked the chest of my then-8 year old kid (making sure to point out the Sioux crest on the jersey he was wearing) and yelled 'F*** the Sioux' at him. Before I could even say a word to this guy or pound his drunk Gopher face in, one of St Paul's finest quickly grabbed me and said 'let it go...this happens all the time when the Sioux win here.'

Many of your fans won't be missed either...

I was at that game and I would have to give the nod to Big Ben but I guess we can agree to disagree. :) Gophs won that 6-3 after getting throttled the night before.

After watching a replay of this schooling last night I stand by my statement. Hankinson got one glancing right after Hak smacked him a couple of times and then wrapped Hankinson's jersey over his head. The only other shots Hankinson got in was his sucker punches he threw when Hak was being held by the ref. How you could give the nod to Big Ben after watching this means you could never be a boxing judge.

Your incident is unfortunate and I would bet 98% of true Sioux fans agree. I'm sure you read earlier posts on this thread regarding vandalism of my truck a few years ago at the Final Five. At the very same tournament, an adult Gopher fan walking by a group of Sioux fans having a conversation poked the chest of my then-8 year old kid (making sure to point out the Sioux crest on the jersey he was wearing) and yelled 'F*** the Sioux' at him. Before I could even say a word to this guy or pound his drunk Gopher face in, one of St Paul's finest quickly grabbed me and said 'let it go...this happens all the time when the Sioux win here.'

Many of your fans won't be missed either...

Which is no good. But when you drop the Tool line, you (well, him/her not you personally) are just making my point. There is no room for any of it. Theoretically our kids are the next generation of fans. Why turn them off. Why call people names when it is brought up?

Some people just do not get it. The odd thing is, that I have brought them to other venues and never had an issue.

Ah well, they are in every bunch I guess.

Some people just do not get it. The odd thing is, that I have brought them to other venues and never had an issue.

...and I've never had an issue in Duluth, Mankato, St Cloud, East Lansing, Ann Arbor, or Houghton either...there just isn't the outright hatred between programs like North Dakota and Minnesota.

It really is hatred. It is almost as if hockey is the allegory for something much larger...

City vs Country

Red State vs Blue State

Big School vs Small School

Entitlement, contempt, etc.

Compound it with the fact that both teams are perennial powers...then make the geographic proximity such that you have to witness the one another's successes...it boils over

Which is no good. But when you drop the Tool line, you (well, him/her not you personally) are just making my point. There is no room for any of it. Theoretically our kids are the next generation of fans. Why turn them off. Why call people names when it is brought up?

Ah well, they are in every bunch I guess.

Well tool, didn't know you were so fragile? My point was everything you stood on your soap box about happens from your fan base also! So your ranting means nothing! It happens everywhere, and I dislike it also, but what do you do? The tool comment was because you made it sound like Sioux fans are the only ones that act like that. That comment alone makes you a tool, sorry........