SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

After watching a replay of this schooling last night I stand by my statement. Hankinson got one glancing right after Hak smacked him a couple of times and then wrapped Hankinson's jersey over his head. The only other shots Hankinson got in was his sucker punches he threw when Hak was being held by the ref. How you could give the nod to Big Ben after watching this means you could never be a boxing judge.

Perhaps you guys could measure next.

Calling people tools while hiding behind a computer screen is hilarious :lol:

Yeah, well everybody is tough sitting at home posting on the message board...I just wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy (no matter the situation) when posting on your rivals site...tool! :)

Your incident is unfortunate and I would bet 98% of true Sioux fans agree. I'm sure you read earlier posts on this thread regarding vandalism of my truck a few years ago at the Final Five. At the very same tournament, an adult Gopher fan walking by a group of Sioux fans having a conversation poked the chest of my then-8 year old kid (making sure to point out the Sioux crest on the jersey he was wearing) and yelled 'F*** the Sioux' at him. Before I could even say a word to this guy or pound his drunk Gopher face in, one of St Paul's finest quickly grabbed me and said 'let it go...this happens all the time when the Sioux win here.'

Many of your fans won't be missed either...

Good for you Mafia...you have a lot more restraint than most of us...btw, you going to Mankato this year? We got 6 going and it should be a good time...

• 9 months later...
"Sometimes, it gets a little over the top and I’m not sure that is healthy for anybody. So we will continue to play, but I doubt we will continue to play each and every year.”

~Lucia 2012

“We’re thrilled to officially get North Dakota back on our schedule and to renew one of the greatest rivalries in our sport,” Lucia said. “This rivalry is great for our programs, great for college hockey and great for our fans, and we’re excited to bring North Dakota back to Mariucci Arena.”

~Lucia 2013

Hey I firmly believe in having a respect for a person in changing the way they see something. Glad to hear it coach!

Never the less, I sure am glad he is not the my teams coach. :silly:

Hey I firmly believe in having a respect for a person in changing the way they see something. Glad to hear it coach!

Never the less, I sure am glad he is not the my teams coach. :silly:

He said the series needed a break (four year hiatus - check), the teams will continue to play (one home and home series scheduled - check) and didn't need to be played every year (nothing scheduled past this home and home when Lucia will likely be gone - check), yet he changed the way he sees something?

He said the series needed a break (four year hiatus - check), the teams will continue to play (one home and home series scheduled - check) and didn't need to be played every year (nothing scheduled past this home and home when Lucia will likely be gone - check), yet he changed the way he sees something?

Careful !! Not sure actual facts are allowed here.

I guess the one question I will ask is how do you think it became a great rivalry? Did it become a great rivalry by playing every other year or every third year?

• Upvote 1

Just shaking my head laughing at the original post.

Don't need to read the rest. Pure garbage.

The thread talking about this same topic on GPL is also quite comical.

I do find it humorous that Hammy thinks that UND won't be able to land the high-end MN recruits any longer...that not playing the Gophers every year will 'harm' their reach in the Cities. He's delusional, unless he honestly believes that MN recruits won't know about a school less than four hours away from them that is highly known for producing NHL talent. Oh yeah, I forgot, they won't be playing UMN any longer, so the MN recruits will forget about the Sioux and start playing for Penn St or OSU instead (at least, the ones that UMN doesn't want! ;) ). Haha!

The thread talking about this same topic on GPL is also quite comical.

I do find it humorous that Hammy thinks that UND won't be able to land the high-end MN recruits any longer...that not playing the Gophers every year will 'harm' their reach in the Cities. He's delusional, unless he honestly believes that MN recruits won't know about a school less than four hours away from them that is highly known for producing NHL talent. Oh yeah, I forgot, they won't be playing UMN any longer, so the MN recruits will forget about the Sioux and start playing for Penn St or OSU instead (at least, the ones that UMN doesn't want! ;) ). Haha!

Hammy - I have no idea who this guy is, but a couple of years ago I remember that someone posted a link to some third-rate podcast or something that he and another guy did out of what sounded like a closet, and I listened to about 10 minutes of that (9 minutes too much) and that's all I needed to hear to know that this guy is a clown.

kind of doubt it but keep thinking what you want

The Gophers and Michigan will play 4 times per year plus probable meetings in the Big ten tourney. By the time 2016-17 rolls around we're talking about 12-15 games between those two schools while the Gophers and UND will not play at all during that same time period. You tell me who the Gopher players at that time would say is a bigger rivalry for them. A conference foe who they battle with 4 times a year or a non-conference opponent who they haven't played in years?

You tell me who the Gopher players at that time would say is a bigger rivalry for them. A conference foe who they battle with 4 times a year or a non-conference opponent who they haven't played in years?

Who cares about the players. This is a fan forum! ;)

I do find it humorous that Hammy thinks that UND won't be able to land the high-end MN recruits any longer...that not playing the Gophers every year will 'harm' their reach in the Cities. He's delusional, unless he honestly believes that MN recruits won't know about a school less than four hours away from them that is highly known for producing NHL talent.

Actually, I posted this same thought a while back as a potential reason to not schedule North Dakota. No WCHA, no Final Five TV coverage, less exposure in the TC press...the effects of that could potentially be felt down the road by UND. I didn't say it was for-sure, but it could certainly have been a reason to 'end' the rivalry.

Case in point, 12 year old kid in the seats behind me at the X. For about 9 WCHA Final Fives, he was decked out in Gopher gear. 3 years ago, he decided to become a Sioux fan because he liked how the team played and how fans always turned the X green. Unless his Gopher fan parents decide to get tickets to the NCHC, he's likely sitting at the X next spring. Outta sight, outta mind.