SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

Sure the rivalry will change, but a lot of the players will still come from the midwest, most of them will play junior or high school hockey with or against each other. In the age of the internet where fan bases continuously compare themselves to one another rivalries don't just die anymore. If you wander over to the football thread NDSU is brought up numerous times and UND hasn't played them in quite awhile. Maybe I just grew up at the right time but i will always hate the gophers with a burning passion. Even against BC this past weekend, i consider them enemy #2, i was still happy that the gophers got screwed on the McCoshen play in overtime.

Sure the rivalry will change, but a lot of the players will still come from the midwest, most of them will play junior or high school hockey with or against each other. In the age of the internet where fan bases continuously compare themselves to one another rivalries don't just die anymore. If you wander over to the football thread NDSU is brought up numerous times and UND hasn't played them in quite awhile. Maybe I just grew up at the right time but i will always hate the gophers with a burning passion. Even against BC this past weekend, i consider them enemy #2, i was still happy that the gophers got screwed on the McCoshen play in overtime.

Absolutely. The games will still be a blast. It's two great programs going against each other. It will be like Minnesota and Boston College playing this weekend. Great games, just not a lot of hate. The hate and bitterness will fade, the quality of the games will always be high.

Absolutely. The games will still be a blast. It's two great programs going against each other. It will be like Minnesota and Boston College playing this weekend. Great games, just not a lot of hate. The hate and bitterness will fade, the quality of the games will always be high.

I don't know why more Minnesota people don't hate Boston College...

Oh, must be because BC always tend to leave their big boy breezers in Boston more often than not when they fly west to play some hockey.

EDIT: I'm still bitter about BC never having to come play in a West Regional because Jerry York whined about losing to CC in St Louis 3 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I think among some of us(read: the people in my age bracket) the hate will remain the same. The games in the past 10 years were just so heated that a lot of us won't soon forget. Whether it be Wheeler's goal, Frattin's check on Wehr's, Porter's overtime winner, the postgame scrum, the final five comeback.. and upcoming loss in regionals. Too much has happened recently for it to just be forgotten. Anger fades, hate remains(can i get a patent for this?)

I think among some of us(read: the people in my age bracket) the hate will remain the same. The games in the past 10 years were just so heated that a lot of us won't soon forget. Whether it be Wheeler's goal, Frattin's check on Wehr's, Porter's overtime winner, the postgame scrum, the final five comeback.. and upcoming loss in regionals. Too much has happened recently for it to just be forgotten. Anger fades, hate remains(can i get a patent for this?)

I said the same thing about Michigan when they left to go to the CCHA. Lots of great UMN vs Michigan tourney battles in the 1990's, but the rivalry faded. Soon enough, you'll hate other teams much more.

I don't know why more Minnesota people don't hate Boston College...

Oh, must be because BC always tend to leave their big boy breezers in Boston more often than not when they fly west to play some hockey.

EDIT: I'm still bitter about BC never having to come play in a West Regional because Jerry York whined about losing to CC in St Louis 3 years ago.

I can only speak for me, but it's hard to hate BC because we don't play them enough and we don't play in a conference with them. It's easy to start hating a team when your team battles with them 4 times during the regular season, then in the post season conference tourney, then possibly in the national tourney.

Seriously, I used to HATE Michigan. Not as much anymore. I used to HATE the Blackhawks. Still don't like them, but not nearly on the same level. I feel both of those hatreds returning now that the Gophers and Wild are in the same conference/division as those teams. I also already don't hate UND as much.

When the Gophers play UND in the future, I'll be excited because it will be two power house programs competing. But I won't feel the same hatred because the games won't mean as much from a conference standpoint.

It's hilarious that you can't argue points on their own merits, you have to try and discredit posters. If you disagree with the points made, the explain why. Simple fact is, you can't. I get a long with quite a few UND fans. It's nothing personal, it's a matter of opinion. Take a chill pill and engage in adult discussion.

Please spare me the lecture, we all know that you're a fraud and that you were outed this past summer by the UND beat writer, we all know that you have various twitter feeds. We also know that you argue with your self to bolster your opinion. Your words. 40-year old man chirping a UND recruit for not picking his school. All class there.

!cid_DC566C8F-9913-493D-AEA4-123F1CCA486A.png

!cid_4EBE77AC-E9A4-414B-9FF9-C23570260F1A.png

Now tell us why the rodent den was so empty last weekend? It is like that for numerous games and has been for years. Those gold empty seats stand out strongly on TV.
  • Upvote 1

Now tell us why the rodent den was so empty last weekend? It is like that for numerous games and has been for years. Those gold empty seats stand out strongly on TV.

Doesn't matter if only 50 fans show up...it's tickets sold that count, right?

I get the mid-January game when it's -30 outside...but it's October...the attendance was pretty sad.

Doesn't matter if only 50 fans show up...it's tickets sold that count, right?

I get the mid-January game when it's -30 outside...but it's October...the attendance was pretty sad.

Only in justifying minds. Oh but there is so much to do... Those seats belong to season ticket holders and if they are not going they can not find someone to use them? It is not like a straggler seat here and there. It is whole chunks of seats. Makes me wonder if these seats are really sold or not?

Please spare me the lecture, we all know that you're a fraud and that you were outed this past summer by the UND beat writer, we all know that you have various twitter feeds. We also know that you argue with your self to bolster your opinion. Your words. 40-year old man chirping a UND recruit for not picking his school. All class there.

HAHAHAHAHA

Help those of out who don't follow Twitter...what's this all about, MN State 0f Hockey?

This Gersich talk reminds me of a book I'm reading titled "The Truest Character of Ignorance is Arrogance". Here is an excerpt:

Once upon a time in the land of Gopher hockey there lived a king named Hammy. One day in the streets of Gopherland there was great unrest - the commoners were concerned that a player with deep bloodlines had yet to commit to play for the local team. This player went by the name Sir Shane Gersich. Upon hearing the unrest King Hammy penned out a note and gave it to the Town Crier (who went by the name GPL). GPL gathered the townspeople and read, "Hear ye a proclamation by our ruler, King Hammy....'do not fret about the lack of a committment from Sir Gersich. I am not worried'." And there was rejoicing in the streets.

Three weeks thenceforth King Hammy began to hear rumors that Sir Gersich was considering playing somewhere other than Gopherland. In furtherance of preventing possible embarrassment King Hammy penned another proclamation - GPL read...."Fellow countrymen, regarding Sir Gersich...I want you to know that he is not a 'must get'. He is very young and injury prone." The townspeople were bewildered and confused but went away feeling satisfied - their mighty ruler had spoken.

Two weeks thenceforth Sir Gersich announced that he was going to play for a neighboring country - the land of the Sioux. The Gopherlanders were shocked and angry. Again King Hammy came to the aid of his minions...GPL read the proclamation, "As I said, Gersich is very young with several years of development ahead of him. I rank him below many others." And there was rejoicing in the streets.

And they all lived happily forever until Gersich led the Sioux to the national title in 2016. The End.

• Upvote 1

This Gersich talk reminds me of a book I'm reading titled "The Truest Character of Ignorance is Arrogance". Here is an excerpt:

Once upon a time in the land of Gopher hockey there lived a king named Hammy. One day in the streets of Gopherland there was great unrest - the commoners were concerned that a player with deep bloodlines had yet to commit to play for the local team. This player went by the name Sir Shane Gersich. Upon hearing the unrest King Hammy penned out a note and gave it to the Town Crier (who went by the name GPL). GPL gathered the townspeople and read, "Hear ye a proclamation by our ruler, King Hammy....'do not fret about the lack of a committment from Sir Gersich. I am not worried'." And there was rejoicing in the streets.

Three weeks thenceforth King Hammy began to hear rumors that Sir Gersich was considering playing somewhere other than Gopherland. In furtherance of preventing possible embarrassment King Hammy penned another proclamation - GPL read...."Fellow countrymen, regarding Sir Gersich...I want you to know that he is not a 'must get'. He is very young and injury prone." The townspeople were bewildered and confused but went away feeling satisfied - their mighty ruler had spoken.

Two weeks thenceforth Sir Gersich announced that he was going to play for a neighboring country - the land of the Sioux. The Gopherlanders were shocked and angry. Again King Hammy came to the aid of his minions...GPL read the proclamation, "As I said, Gersich is very young with several years of development ahead of him. I rank him below many others." And there was rejoicing in the streets.

And they all lived happily forever until Gersich led the Sioux to the national title in 2016. The End.

Hahaha, outstanding.

speaking of empty gold seats.. the fact is they are on tv every night because there is a demand from enough people for them to be on tv every night. fans at the arena vs fans at home.. this argument is played out. although it is a shame people buy tickets and dont go

speaking of tv broadcasts- is the sioux game on directv tonight? (serious question- im wondering if the game will be available for me to watch)

speaking of tv broadcasts- is the sioux game on directv tonight? (serious question- im wondering if the game will be available for me to watch)

Only games shown on CBSSports will be available on directtv, and once again CBSSports will not be showing any NCHC games this weekend.