SiouxSports.com Forum

BTHC/NCHC

darell1976

Oh really? I've never been to a hockey game there, I just thought the location wouldn't be bad. What is bad about the TC for hockey?

Upper level seats have obstructed view...I recall 2000 game sitting directly under a fan blowing cold air on me for the entire game...the building doesn't allow for 'rounded' corners of hockey rinks and is better suited for the

'square-ness' of basketball. One section of seats behind the net (or backboard') is basically temporary pull-out seating like you would see in a high school gym.

Upper level seats have obstructed view...I recall 2000 game sitting directly under a fan blowing cold air on me for the entire game...the building doesn't allow for 'rounded' corners of hockey rinks and is better suited for the

'square-ness' of basketball. One section of seats behind the net (or backboard') is basically temporary pull-out seating like you would see in a high school gym.

That's good to know when getting seats, hopefully they will stick a few bucks into it before the NCHC starts using it.

Oh really? I've never been to a hockey game there, I just thought the location wouldn't be bad. What is bad about the TC for hockey?

The location is excellent as there are TONS of eating and drinking options within just two blocks of the arena. The arena just wasn't designed for hockey though. That said, I've seen plenty of hockey games there and I personally don't think its that bad.

The location is excellent as there are TONS of eating and drinking options within just two blocks of the arena. The arena just wasn't designed for hockey though. That said, I've seen plenty of hockey games there and I personally don't think its that bad.

Yeah I really like that area, we stay downtown when we go to Twins series and the atmosphere is great, like you said lots of food and entertainment and you can use the skyways and avoid weather/traffic if you want to.

MafiaMan you seem a little ornery as of late… You in a bad mood? I don’t remember you being so grumpy character at the Dinner at the Hogsbreath. I think you have spent too much time with the rodent fans down in Minneapolis… :lol::)

I was thinking the same thing, hope all is well for him.

Time to consider the option of rotating the location site. BTHC has the X for their tournament in 2014 and 2016. I say we need to move the NCHC tournament to the X in 2015 and 2017 and choose a different location for the even years. The Target Center decision was selected based on the fact that these renovations would be done. I wonder if the NCHC has the option to back out if these renovations don't take place. I sure hope so. Even years at the X, odd years somewhere else like Omaha or Denver.

If you are going to have a college hockey conference that is supposed to be first rate, you can't have the tournament in a building that is 2nd rate at best!!

Usually in the cities it's a fan blowing hot air that's the problem.
  • Upvote 1

Time to consider the option of rotating the location site. BTHC has the X for their tournament in 2014 and 2016. I say we need to move the NCHC tournament to the X in 2015 and 2017 and choose a different location for the even years. The Target Center decision was selected based on the fact that these renovations would be done. I wonder if the NCHC has the option to back out if these renovations don't take place. I sure hope so. Even years at the X, odd years somewhere else like Omaha or Denver.

If you are going to have a college hockey conference that is supposed to be first rate, you can't have the tournament in a building that is 2nd rate at best!!

The WCHA has already locked in the "off years" at both the X and the Joe in Detroit.

http://www.wcha.com/men/tourney/index.php

The WCHA has already locked in the "off years" at both the X and the Joe in Detroit.

http://www.wcha.com/...urney/index.php

I bet attendance at the WCHA tournament will drop without Minnesota and North Dakota in the league. I think it's safe to say that both of those schools were responsible for most of the fans at the Final Five during the past 10 years or so.

Badger fan attendance there has been over-rated for years. I never see huge swaths of Bucky fans at the X.

They're definitely way behind UM and UND there's no doubt, I was just throwing them in for effect. In reality it's worse than that, you're exchanging UM, UND, UW, CC, DU, UNO, UMD, and SCSU fans for Alaska-Fairbanks, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan, and Bowling Green fans...it really looks bleak for attendance when you put it on paper.

They're definitely way behind UM and UND there's no doubt, I was just throwing them in for effect. In reality it's worse than that, you're exchanging UM, UND, UW, CC, DU, UNO, UMD, and SCSU fans for Alaska-Fairbanks, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan, and Bowling Green fans...it really looks bleak for attendance when you put it on paper.

A new location might be a selling point, but it's a looooong ways from Sault Ste Marie or Marquette to St Paul. 5000 might be a stretch...

I don't know how the WCHA can justify having the Final 5 at the X. In order I think the majority of the fans at the Final 5 are Minnesota, North Dakota, St Cloud, Duluth, and Wisconsin. All teams that will be gone from the league next year. The closest team left in the league is Mankato! I guess I could be wrong, but I don't see the X filling more than the lower bowl for their tournament. While it may host the Final 5 in 2015, I don't see it being there again.

Where is the Final 5 next year gonna be? Anyone know?