SiouxSports.com Forum

BTHC/NCHC

darell1976

The custodian of the MacNaughton Cup is Michigan Tech. The cup will stay with the WCHA while the Broadmoor Trophy will come with Colorado College to the NCHC.

Gonna miss that trophy. It has some fantastic history attached to it. Plus it looks awesome.

Kinda stinks that there won't be every road trip every year...but you'll have them more frequently than the current WCHA and 10 team WCHA.

Son, you've lost me...

The WCHA came up with the Broadmoor Trophy AFTER Tech went to the CCHA. When Tech returned, the Broadmoor was given to the conference playoff champion.

I think they are talking about the MacNaughton.

I am not sure where watchmaker49 is confused. But I think it is because Bowling Green is on the MacNaughton three times because they won it when Tech took it with them to the CCHA. But I am a little confused about all of the confusion.

I think they are talking about the MacNaughton.

I am not sure where watchmaker49 is confused. But I think it is because Bowling Green is on the MacNaughton three times because they won it when Tech took it with them to the CCHA. But I am a little confused about all of the confusion.

The only thing confusing to me is why Colorado College is so willing to part with the Broadmoor Trophy...considering its the old Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. It would kinda be like a Westward Ho Trophy going to Hockey East.

The only thing confusing to me is why Colorado College is so willing to part with the Broadmoor Trophy...considering its the old Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. It would kinda be like a Westward Ho Trophy going to Hockey East.

I thought I read somewhere that it was because the NCHC wanted to start afresh and not having anything that connected them with the WCHA....but we are bringing Adam with so that may be a moot point.

Agreed. I suppose that the new trophy is owned by the WCHA, but the old trophy is CC's. I wonder if its a naming rights thing. CC owns the trophy, the WCHA owns the right to "Broadmoor trophy".

I won't pretend to know any type of legality on an issue like this.

You know Don was a big UND supporter and most of the visiting teams stayed at the Ho.

yeah seams like with big daddys closing there isnt a lot of real odler crowd bars now....

i go to the bun but there is a lot of young kids there...the diamond is to dive bar for this guy...

Bronze Boot use to get pretty wild back in the day. i seem to recall lots of farming deals being made there in the bar