SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Manitoba - gameday

AZSIOUX

One thing I didn't like about the old WDAZ broadcasts was that I think their camera was up in the press box or something. It was positioned way too high off the ice. That was always a pet peeve of mine. Now the camera angle looks like the normal angle you see in 99% of hockey broadcasts and not like a view from the nosebleeds like it was before.

I'm not crazy, right? Did anybody else notice how our camera angle was different, until this year?

My untrained take aways.

1. My first thought was that Forbert looked so much more confident with the puck but I didn't notice him much after that.

2. Rocco was very good. He is going to be very hard to control. The ease at which it can take HARD passes was neat. I think having him on the weak side wing is going to open up the power play quite a bit. There was one shift where he really got knocked of the puck easily but he cut that shift short and went down the tunnel. Not sure what that was about.

Rocco looked GOOD. I think he does need to be on a line with a little more skill though. That being said, I don't think that first line is necessarily the best fit. He loves to shoot the puck and I think him and Kristo are a little too much alike in that aspect.

My untrained take aways.

1. My first thought was that Forbert looked so much more confident with the puck but I didn't notice him much after that.

2. Rocco was very good. He is going to be very hard to control. The ease at which it can take HARD passes was neat. I think having him on the weak side wing is going to open up the power play quite a bit. There was one shift where he really got knocked of the puck easily but he cut that shift short and went down the tunnel. Not sure what that was about.

He was having a blade problem on his skate. It happened twice last night. I'm tellin ya the kid gets the puck on his stick and I'm on the edge of my seat. man does he ave a set of hands on him. He is at full speed in 3 strides. Eplosive.

Power play clock was nice but let's get the graphics color to green. I liked the woman interviews between periods better than Sweeny's uncomfortable questions. Koberinski was great I thought. He always very insightful in my opinion. The audio/video sucked. I had to reduce the screen size to 50% to make it look decent. Hammer was decent in his calls and I didn't have much of a problem with his play by play style. Although, he has to quit saying KOBER every time he addresses Koberinski!!!!

and yes, Rocco was awesome. I'd put him with Kristo and MacMillan because they all play at about the same speed.

That broadcast was sorely lacking in quality. Audio level and sync issues, and the color was washed out the whole game. I hope they can fix that. Did appreciate the penalty clock. Anyone else think that Koberinski was a bit stiff and perhaps a bit grammatically challenged?

Hope Parks is back on the ice soon. We'll need him in Fairbanks for sure.

Highlights:

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1067376&db_oem_id=13500

I hope that's accurate, because what I saw leaving the ice said "four to six weeks" to me.

I'll go on record now and predict he won't play against the USA U-18s.

Let's hope not, however, we should be just fine. Shore up on the D side of the puck and we'll shalack'm.

That broadcast was sorely lacking in quality. Audio level and sync issues, and the color was washed out the whole game. I hope they can fix that. Did appreciate the penalty clock. Anyone else think that Koberinski was a bit stiff and perhaps a bit grammatically challenged?

Hope Parks is back on the ice soon. We'll need him in Fairbanks for sure.

Highlights:

http://www.undsports...db_oem_id=13500

Here we just thought it was the tv at the bar we were at.

For authorities in the AD department to come out and say the quality of the picture during the broadcast is the same as last year are kidding themselves. It was dark...you couldn't see much for color, the banner with the score/time clock were way too low.

Jayson Hajdu@UNDSID

I just watched that game side-by-side a game from last year and, if anything, the picture quality is better, with better contrast

For authorities in the AD department to come out and say the quality of the picture during the broadcast is the same as last year are kidding themselves. It was dark...you couldn't see much for color, the banner with the score/time clock were way too low.

Jayson Hajdu@UNDSID

I just watched that game side-by-side a game from last year and, if anything, the picture quality is better, with better contrast

All I'm relaying is what I just watched with my own eyes. And what I watched was marginally better (lighter). Now, everyone is watching on different screens with different settings, so that certainly could account for different viewing experiences. We've heard from people saying it was too dark, and we've also heard from viewers saying there was no difference.

What I also mentioned on Twitter is that we are evaluating ALL feedback we are receiving, and that includes the placement of the scoreboard graphic. We literally have a list of items we are evaluating. We are in regular contact with the folks at Midco Sports Network and we'll be sure to address all concerns going forward. Please keep the feedback coming.

All I'm relaying is what I just watched with my own eyes. And what I watched was marginally better (lighter). Now, everyone is watching on different screens with different settings, so that certainly could account for different viewing experiences. We've heard from people saying it was too dark, and we've also heard from viewers saying there was no difference.

What I also mentioned on Twitter is that we are evaluating ALL feedback we are receiving, and that includes the placement of the scoreboard graphic. We literally have a list of items we are evaluating. We are in regular contact with the folks at Midco Sports Network and we'll be sure to address all concerns going forward. Please keep the feedback coming.

I thought the MidcoSN broadcast was a little better in quality than in years past. The picture wasn't as dark as it use to be. For all the complaining, people could help themselves out by tweaking the brightness/contrast settings on their TV. Hell, I'd recommend people getting their HDTV's calibrated if they want to get the best picture possible.

For those with ole' CRT TV's...not much can be done on your end.

Id like a pre and post game show like the gophers but realize we arent in a big time media market.

There will indeed be a postgame show each week (Manitoba game notwithstanding). Coach Hakstol will be interviewed following each game, which hadn't been a part of the postgame show in recent years.

I thought the MidcoSN broadcast was a little better in quality than in years past. The picture wasn't as dark as it use to be. For all the complaining, people could help themselves out by tweaking the brightness/contrast settings on their TV. Hell, I'd recommend people getting their HDTV's calibrated if they want to get the best picture possible.

For those with ole' CRT TV's...not much can be done on your end.

"HDTV's calibrated"

I didn't notice any color issues, but it was hard to tell with the very poor resolution. It was literally like an average webcam, and I say average because I've seen some pretty high-quality webcams that are costing less than what it costs to get FCS on DirecTV.

I hope that's accurate, because what I saw leaving the ice said "four to six weeks" to me.

I'll go on record now and predict he won't play against the USA U-18s.

I wonder if Parks is out for an extended period of time if there is any chance Hak would move one of the Alaska suspensions from friday to saturday to avoid a roster that is two players short?

If you have a specific concern, voice it and we can address it. My posts have nothing to do with money. I've got enough to do on a given day without adding "corporate shill on a message board" to the list.

I live in Fargo (using CableOne)…in years past the picture quality of FSSN was better when we could watch the on the lower channels it used to be 44/48 then 70 … when we watched the game on the 300’s like now through Fox Sports the picture was a little lower quality.

I thought the camera crew did an excellent job some nice iso-shots and moved real well with the plays. I also liked the pre-game it seemed longer than years past other than they repeated themselves a little to often.

The program its self was well below average from sound catching up with picture to content. It sounded like I was listening to the game on the Radio not watching it on TV…I don’t need everything described to me as I just saw it happen…there didn’t’ seem to be much chemistry between the two announcers and even though I felt the color commentator was knowledgeable he did not bring much to the table as far as viewer enjoyment.

I also understand this was the first broadcast so thing may need to be worked out…however if this is how I have to watch my UND games now I would rather go through the internet.

Jayson,

Is the camera(s) positioned in a different spot this year? They seem to be farther away from the rink.